Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #21
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2277
Default Re: How talented are the Steelers?

this whole season depends on the arm of ben.....they say were gonna spread it out more, hopefully that doesnt mean more interceptions.....if ben plays half decent against the raiders, bengals game 1, or denver were in the playoffs, i think its a big misconception that we are a rebuilding team because when i think of rebuilding i think of a team that couldnt win and now change has to happen....this team can win and prooved it going 6-2 in the second half of the season.....now its time to put together a whole season and kick some ass
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
all the "cowher didnt care" talk is pretty stale, old, and way off base. he certainly cared when his team went on a 4 game winning streak to make the playoffs (as a #6 seed) in 05, and he cared as they went 6-2 to finish the 06 season. had the steelers actually made the playoffs last year and made some noise (which they were capable of), im sure he woulda been heralded as a "genius" rather than the "dead beat coach" he is currently perceived as...

maybe he did turn in 1 of his poorest coaching years ever. but it wasnt because he didnt care or gave up on the team. give the man more credit than that.
I'm not sure if that post was partly in my direction... but let me requote...
Quote:
Cowher was always focused on winning the SB. When he won it, I am not sure he knew how to react. The drive that kept this team going since that awful 2003 season disappeared because they DID redeem themselves from that season with a SB win.
For me, it wasn't that Cowher didn't care, I think he didn't know how to handle the success. What I mean is, he drove the team by reminding them that they failed to make the big one, so they have to work harder next year. Once you win, how do you drive that again?
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:02 AM   #23
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,029 Times in 1,276 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

We have plenty of talent I believe it will show this year.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:01 AM   #24
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Lets hope the talent of the special team will improve this year. The draft looks like it has tried to address this issue.

Colclough catching and returning punts = no talent

Any other returner = more talent

Willie Reid = greater talent (I'm hoping)

Daniel Sepulveda = scary talent ( to kick like an aussie takes real talent!!!)
Aussie_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:31 AM   #25
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Quote:
all the "cowher didnt care" talk is pretty stale, maybe he did turn in 1 of his poorest coaching years ever. but it wasnt because he didnt care or gave up on the team. give the man more credit than that.
NO!
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:34 AM   #26
DACEB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2hines=6 View Post
this whole season depends on the arm of ben.....
Your absolutely right, but I think it will have more to do with his head, making the right reads and now calling the right protections.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:39 AM   #27
DACEB
Banned

IMO it is all about the offense. If Ben and the O-line play better the offense as a whole will be much improved. If the offense plays better there is no doubt in my mind the defense will play better.

If the O-line plays better this year last years coaching will definetely be called into question.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #28
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
all the "cowher didnt care" talk is pretty stale, old, and way off base. he certainly cared when his team went on a 4 game winning streak to make the playoffs (as a #6 seed) in 05, and he cared as they went 6-2 to finish the 06 season. had the steelers actually made the playoffs last year and made some noise (which they were capable of), im sure he woulda been heralded as a "genius" rather than the "dead beat coach" he is currently perceived as...

maybe he did turn in 1 of his poorest coaching years ever. but it wasnt because he didnt care or gave up on the team. give the man more credit than that.

maybe the team gave up on him? they won the superbowl and then got all these extra activities after winning, they werent that focus on repeating. i dont think it was all the coach's fault, although i did question him on why he would play his star qb after getting a concussion. i think they (coaches and players) were to blame for last year's downfall.

now this season i think we are a good team, maybe not as good as the ravens. however we should be able to compete with them for the division title. the only thing that worries me this season is the cornerbacks. I hope that they can play better than last year and please stop getting beat on the routes.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:13 AM   #29
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Playoff competitive but I certainly do not see them in the Pats/Chargers class talent wise (I omit the Colts because Manning is the great equalizer for a team that otherwise does not overwhelm with talent).

A lot of talent on both sides of the ball (Bettis/Porter/Ward/Faneca/Farrior) has left/is leaving/or is on the downslope. IMHO this will be the biggest rebuild of the talent base since the late 90s and we recall how those years went. Hopefully the difference this time is we have a franchise QB who can cover up for a lot; if not, look out.

It's all about Ben for the next few years.
Where do you start thinking that Hines Ward is slowing down? Not in my opinion brother. Farrior is gonna have to be replaced sooner than later even though I love what the guy keeps doing game in game out. He is such a class guy that just plays the game. Larry Foote talks too much trash for someone of his status. Haggans is or seems to be a class act as well. And we will just have to wait n see at the other LB spot what happens there.
Now, I think our team is just as talented as it was about 3 years ago myself. Ben has to come back and prove that the first 2 years were not flukes, that he can really lead a team to a tittle. I honestly think that he got us to the Super Bowl a couple years ago and then our defense won the tittle for us, not him. I think that we are set at WR for him not to have any excuses. Our O line must improve over last year or this is gonna be a long year. Our defense goes as far as our secondary can take us... If we cant stop the pass then we can Forget about going very far.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:25 AM   #30
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I believe that the Steelers are one of the most talented teams in the NFL. Although there are several individuals that outshine in their selective role, when it comes to a team (Defense, Offense, Special Teams) playing as a talented unit, I know the Steelers are tops in the league. So I have no worries about that.

What I worry about is the new coach getting them ready to play. What about the cohesiveness that was made during the Super Bowl run and the fall out we've seen in the last two years (laziness and disgruntled players)? All of that is important when it comes to taking over a division that hasn't had a consistent leader since the Steelers won back to back division titles in 2001 & 2002 seasons.

Although I feel that we can dethrone the ratbirds and any other division foe, my true worries are external. What about the patsies trying to buy another Super Bowl trophy? Can we match their individually paid for talent with team (the same patsies did it 3 out of 4 years so why can't we)?

How talented are the Steelers? Talented enough to go back to the Super Bowl in Tomlin's first year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote