Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Media speculation about baby bothers Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Nice try to accuse me of playing the race card. My point is that if Brady was black he would be getting a lot more heat on this - Sports Illustrated ran a cover story several years ago on NBA players having kids out of wedlock - not many fair haired jocks in that story. Is that racist - you betcha - but don't blame me for pointing it out.

Brady needs to take the poison with the gift of celebrity - if he plays off his pubic image to get endorsement deals then he cannot claim it is a private matter when he is in the public eye for some "escapade" other than throwing TD passes or posing for GQ.

So far Vick has been proven to have carried a false water bottle through a airport checkpoint, missed a flight to DC and probably attended a dogfight - Brady has fathered a kid out of wedlock and is trying to portray himself as the victim. Based on what is proven fact as opposed to speculation I have no problem putting the sainted Tom Brady in the same paragraph as Vick.
Well, isn't that what you are doing?

You directly mention Vick and then mention 'double standards for behavior by white and black QBs' - I don't see how that can be construed as anything other than playing the race card.

My point was, just because some of the population choose to judge black pro-sports players to a different standard because of racial prejudice it shouldn't impact on how we look at Brady's situation.

Basically, you appear ot be saying that because a black guy is subjected to unfair levels of scrutiny and press intrusion that a white guy should get the same treatement - two wrongs don't make a right.

I also don't get where Brady is trying to portray himself as the victim?

He simply asks what the big deal is - thats not exactly a celebrity hissy fit is it?

And go ahead and use terms like 'the sainted Tom Brady' because I don't remember the guy ever asking for that title - he's been a clean living kid, who happens to be photogenic and a success in his chosen sport - ......big deal as Tom would say.

Im not one of those guys who thinks pro-sports stars have basically signed away to any privacy in their lives when they play their first snap in the NFL - people want to judge and get morally superior...thats big business, im sure.

I don't know many people who would put Vick and Brady in the same paragraph, but thats fine each to their own.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
LITP - this was not in your post until you edited it, so i will reply here

Assuming his-ex did not pull the goalie on him without his knowledge, walk me through what part of having a child and then leaving the mother involved preparing for this like everything else in his life?
Thats his own business - I don't see why Tom has to justify to anyone how he chooses to conduct his private life.

And you asked - 'so why does he conduct interviews?' - the answer is he in the public eye (and yes he does put himself there) and a refusal to comment on the subject is often seen as an admission of guilt to people who enjoy these gossip magazines.

Quote:
And "sub-human comparison to Vick?"
Sure, I regard Vick's alleged behaviour to be below the standards I attribute to a normal civilised human being.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,134 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote:
Assuming his-ex did not pull the goalie on him
ive never heard that. instant classic!

poor tom and his private life. if it was that big a concern to him, i doubt he would choose his latest flings by flipping through the pages of "people" magazine or "victorias secret". tom needs to act like a big boy and realize certain things come with the territory. whether its betting on dogs, or $10,000 per hole in a skins game or knocking up 2 different women in the span of a month, people are gonna take notice. if he dont wanna be noticed, he can do something about it besides play stupid and ask the media "whats the big deal" like was he born yesterday.

in the meantime him and his babys momma have the tough decision to make of what fishwrap they will sell their babys 1st photos too.

i agree with atl dan. if this were donovan mcnabb he would be called the next shawn kemp. but since its brady, everybody should respect his so called "privacy". hes no different from anybody else in the public eye. you think bill clinton cried about his "privacy" not being respected when he was getting a job in the oval? how bout eddie murphy or hugh grant soliciting prostitutes?

but i guess we should all feel sorry for brady having the "golden boy" crown placed on his head by the big, bad, mean, ol media. he embraced it just like allen iverson embraced the "thug" image attributed to him. its meant $$$$ for both of them and its too late to be having buyers remorse.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,788 Times in 2,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
ive never heard that. instant classic!
Stole it from Sports Guy Bill Simmons
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:59 PM   #15
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

I'm surprised this is even happening. I had heard that Brady's "Leetle Friends" had much farther to travel than most.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:41 AM   #16
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Listen people, whether Tom Brady chose to be in the media spotlight or not, the fact of the matter is that fathering a child out of wedlock and then leaving the mother for another woman does NOT look good for his image one single bit. It looks like he is shirking his responsibilities as a father, even if he has every intention of being involved in the baby's life. Like it or not, a lot of people frown on that sort of thing, and it does not matter if it's Tom Brady or Tom the plumber.

But hey, if you all want to pass it off as "no big deal" and give him a free pass, that's your prerogative. And I also agree with Atlanta Dan that had this been a black athlete, I guarantee you it would have gotten more media attention. It's unfortunate, and you guys might not want to hear it, but that's just the way it is.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:12 AM   #17
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Well if the mother is having trouble raising the kid, Tom can always offer part of that huge forehead as shelter...
Old 05-30-2007, 05:43 AM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Listen people, whether Tom Brady chose to be in the media spotlight or not, the fact of the matter is that fathering a child out of wedlock and then leaving the mother for another woman does NOT look good for his image one single bit. It looks like he is shirking his responsibilities as a father, even if he has every intention of being involved in the baby's life. Like it or not, a lot of people frown on that sort of thing, and it does not matter if it's Tom Brady or Tom the plumber.

But hey, if you all want to pass it off as "no big deal" and give him a free pass, that's your prerogative. And I also agree with Atlanta Dan that had this been a black athlete, I guarantee you it would have gotten more media attention. It's unfortunate, and you guys might not want to hear it, but that's just the way it is.
Its a bit of an insult that anyone on this forum thinks they can 'enlighten' others that racist double standards exist in pro-sports and its media!

Seriously, what 'news' exclusive is going to break next?

'Profootballer suspected of oversized ego'?

Sanctamonius, self righteous BS from first word to last.

Frown away, by all means - Santonio Holmes married the mother of any his 3 kids?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:03 AM   #19
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

The Santonio situation caught some real press hear in Western PA if I remember correctly. I don't really watch a lot of the news, but I remember seeing things about it.

He's also not one of the poster children of the NFL.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:06 AM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
The Santonio situation caught some real press hear in Western PA if I remember correctly. I don't really watch a lot of the news, but I remember seeing things about it.

He's also not one of the poster children of the NFL.
So the fact Brady is a 'poster child' (ie he has actually achieved something) is a factor in the well being of his offspring?

I didn't realise there was a direct relationship between achieving success in your profession and the ability to raise a child outside of a marriage.

Learn something everyday.