Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-30-2007, 06:13 AM   #21
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default Re: Media speculation about baby bothers Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
So the fact Brady is a 'poster child' (ie he has actually achieved something) is a factor in the well being of his offspring?

I didn't realise there was a direct relationship between achieving success in your profession and the ability to raise a child outside of a marriage.

Learn something everyday.
That's the thing. He HAS achieved something, that's why its so surprising that it hasn't blown up in the media. Santonio's situation was reported here extensively (especially his domestic problems with the law, i think it was) before he even stepped on the field. If Holmes were a bigger deal in the league, it may be a bigger issue.

Personally, where Tom sticks his... quarterback... is his b. I'm not sweatin' it.

Sh*t he's probably better off because he is doing much better than Holmes in the back pocket.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #22
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
This Bridgette sounds like a real swell girl. She might be an actress, but she's no dummy. Poor Tom, probably never saw it coming. This could end up being her best role yet.

i couldnt agree more. i have always thought she trapped poor tom on this one. maybe when she said i want to have children he should have stopped poking it..lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 AM   #23
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Its a bit of an insult that anyone on this forum thinks they can 'enlighten' others that racist double standards exist in pro-sports and its media!
I don't see where I'm insulting anyone by saying what I said...all I see is me stating my opinion. If anyone's insulted by it, it's THEIR problem.

Quote:
Sanctamonius, self righteous BS from first word to last.
Again, all I'm doing is stating my opinion. I'm a realist who doesn't try to sugarcoat anything and chooses NOT to bury my head in the sand. I simply tell it like it is and say what's on my mind. Sorry if you don't like it.

Quote:
Frown away, by all means - Santonio Holmes married the mother of any his 3 kids?
Oh, I get it - you're upset because I made these statements regarding Tom Brady's conduct and assuming (incorrectly) that I'm doing so because he's a Patriot. Why else would you bring up Santonio Holmes? My comments have absolutely nothing to do with any like or dislike of Tom Brady - once again, it's simply my opinion. And just to answer your rather flippant question, NO, he is not married the mother of his children...and that makes him just as wrong, IN MY OPINION. Being an athlete doesn't mean you're any better than anyone else, nor does it make you immune from certain criticisms that "the average Joe" would receive for any conduct that some people might view as inappropriate.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:56 AM   #24
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
i couldnt agree more. i have always thought she trapped poor tom on this one. maybe when she said i want to have children he should have stopped poking it..lol
Maybe she just ACTED like she was on birth control. lol I never could quite figure out why our society puts actors/actresses on such a pedestal. Pretending to be someone other than yourself never struck me as a great attribute.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:00 AM   #25
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,827 Times in 2,693 Posts

Quote:
Its a bit of an insult that anyone on this forum thinks they can 'enlighten' others that racist double standards exist in pro-sports and its media!

Seriously, what 'news' exclusive is going to break next?

'Profootballer suspected of oversized ego'?

Sanctamonius, self righteous BS from first word to last.

Frown away, by all means - Santonio Holmes married the mother of any his 3 kids?

Sorry if you were insulted - I was not trying to enlighten anyone, simply pointing out that the sexual promiscuity of black athletes is constantly tossed up as an example of thir irresponsibility while one of the 2 top pro QBs in the game has the audacity to claim he is planning for fatherhood in the same manner he approaches everything else in his life - if Brady handled his day job like he is handling his approach to fatherhood he would not be a back-up in the Arena League.

Sanctimonious self-righteous BS is a pro athlete giving an interview to Details while bemoanaing he wants to maintain privacy and responding to any reference to a racial double standard by claiming that race is improperly being "interjected" into a discussion. If you check out my posts on Vick I think you will see I am not an apologist for the conduct of black QBs.

I was expressing an opinion, which is pretty much what goes on around here - apparently I hit a nerve.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:23 AM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Sorry if you were insulted - I was not trying to enlighten anyone, simply pointing out that the sexual promiscuity of black athletes is constantly tossed up as an example of thir irresponsibility while one of the 2 top pro QBs in the game has the audacity to claim he is planning for fatherhood in the same manner he approaches everything else in his life - if Brady handled his day job like he is handling his approach to fatherhood he would not be a back-up in the Arena League.

Sanctimonious self-righteous BS is a pro athlete giving an interview to Details while bemoanaing he wants to maintain privacy and responding to any reference to a racial double standard by claiming that race is improperly being "interjected" into a discussion. If you check out my posts on Vick I think you will see I am not an apologist for the conduct of black QBs.

I was expressing an opinion, which is pretty much what goes on around here - apparently I hit a nerve.
Ok then.

Lets say that your average Joe is totally unaware that racism exists in pro-sports and now after your post drawing their attention to it they are suddenly enlightened.

Lets move on to the your claim that Brady is 'bemoaning his lack of privacy'.

Where is that exactly?

Is that the bit where he says it 'it doesn't affect anyone but him and its no big deal'?

LIke I said before, that hardly constitutes a celebrity hissy fit does it?

Im sure Brady would prefer total privacy whenever he wanted but he knows thats not how it works.

Thats why I don't see him filing any law suits/injunctions to stop people discussing the subject.

Maybe you misunderstood this comment regarding his preperation for the new baby?

Quote:
Brady, who has won three Super Bowls with the Patriots, said he isn't scared but considers fatherhood "a huge unknown," Details magazine reported.

"I want to prepare for it the way I do everything else in my life," Brady said, Details reported. "I make lists. I make plans. But being a father is different. I think that people go into it and find out, holy (bleep), I have no control."
What he is saying is that his natural reaction was to make lists, make plans etc but that that being a father is different - that the problems that are going to arise aren't as staright forward as gameplanning for an NFL match up.

Mountain out of a molehill.

And Dan, you know I enjoy a good back'n'forth - I certainly defend your right to post these thoughts even of I strongly disagree with them.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:25 AM   #27
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I don't see where I'm insulting anyone by saying what I said...all I see is me stating my opinion. If anyone's insulted by it, it's THEIR problem.

Again, all I'm doing is stating my opinion. I'm a realist who doesn't try to sugarcoat anything and chooses NOT to bury my head in the sand. I simply tell it like it is and say what's on my mind. Sorry if you don't like it.

Oh, I get it - you're upset because I made these statements regarding Tom Brady's conduct and assuming (incorrectly) that I'm doing so because he's a Patriot. Why else would you bring up Santonio Holmes? My comments have absolutely nothing to do with any like or dislike of Tom Brady - once again, it's simply my opinion. And just to answer your rather flippant question, NO, he is not married the mother of his children...and that makes him just as wrong, IN MY OPINION. Being an athlete doesn't mean you're any better than anyone else, nor does it make you immune from certain criticisms that "the average Joe" would receive for any conduct that some people might view as inappropriate.
Well you are right - I disagree with pretty much everything you posted on the subject.

But you know, thats what the boards for - like I said to Dan you are going to get different viewpoints and thats cool.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:01 AM   #28
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Comparing the two QB is a bit outrageous.

Vick broke a federal law and has been sliding by the last few months. People have definitely looked the other way for ESPN's poster child.

Brady, although I don't agree with his comments, only went out and had unprotected sex and now he's got little Tom on the way. Our society has made is socially acceptable for men and women to go out and do whatever they please with their bodies. The only thing I'm disappointed in Brady about is the lack of responsibility he is showing. What kills me is that Brady was able to man up in the sack and now he's afraid to man up as a father. Yes, Mr. Brady, welcome to the real world of fatherhood. Once that baby gets here you have very little control and as they grow older, you have less and less control, and eventually you lose it all and your sanity too (ask me how I know).

So you know what? Atlanta Dan, maybe you have a good point. Putting those two in the same sentence isn't such a bad thing after all. I mean both of them are being irresponsible for someone or something else's life.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:31 AM   #29
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,827 Times in 2,693 Posts

This is not a defense of Vick, but having closely followed the Duke lacrosse fiasco I have been reminded that it is easy to accuse somone of conduct and for the public to run with unproven accusations that fit into a comfortable stereotype.

At this point Vick has not been proven to have violated any federal or state laws or for that matter indicted (not that an indictment is particularly difficult to obtain).
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:53 AM   #30
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Well you are right - I disagree with pretty much everything you posted on the subject.

But you know, thats what the boards for - like I said to Dan you are going to get different viewpoints and thats cool.
Not a problem, man - I completely respect your opinion on the matter. The world would be pretty boring if everyone agreed with everything. This is just a subject I feel very strongly about for personal reasons, and I tend to speak up rather forcefully whenever such subjects arise. It isn't personal, and shouldn't be taken as such. Anyway, I've said my peace and will be moving on.