Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-30-2007, 02:56 PM   #21
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Big Ben pleased with Steelers receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Nothing better thn a QB pleased with his receivers. I wish he also said he was pleased with his o line
i agree. so does that mean the o line sucks????

this will be ben if the o line doesnt improve

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #22
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
not trying to start WWIII, just saying my opinion as you are and i total respect yours.
Yeah, I just need to stop my "fussing" even though the kid jumps on the ex-coaching staff during every or every other interview. I'm sorry, I will just pretend I don't read the comments....*hehe, skips away and twirls hair locks*.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #23
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Yeah, I just need to stop my "fussing" even though the kid jumps on the ex-coaching staff during every or every other interview. I'm sorry, I will just pretend I don't read the comments....*hehe, skips away and twirls hair locks*.

oh come back and have fun... you know you want too

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #24
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
oh come back and have fun... you know you want too
Yeah ok. Take care.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:39 PM   #25
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Don't bash Bill "God" Cowher or some in the Steelers Nation will throw a fit....lol All Ben said was he felt Cowher/Whiz didn't use the players on offense to their full potential...Which when you look at Heath Miller thats the case.....He has the ability to be an all-pro TE but Cowher just used him as an extra OT most of the time.....It seems to me that some in the Steelers Nation need to quit nit picking every comment that comes out of Ben's mouth.....I just don't think the comments he made in this article were all that bad and had some truth to them.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:55 PM   #26
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Don't bash Bill "God" Cowher or some in the Steelers Nation will throw a fit....lol All Ben said was he felt Cowher/Whiz didn't use the players on offense to their full potential...Which when you look at Heath Miller thats the case.....He has the ability to be an all-pro TE but Cowher just used him as an extra OT most of the time.....It seems to me that some in the Steelers Nation need to quit nit picking every comment that comes out of Ben's mouth.....I just don't think the comments he made in this article were all that bad and had some truth to them.....
i agree.....is he not aloud to compare the new system to the old? its not like he's tellin dirty little secrets. anyone that has watched steeler football in the past knows its been a predictable , not so receiver friendly system. all ben has been saying is things look to be a little different and he's excited about it. what's the big deal?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:09 PM   #27
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

How many times? How many times must we bring up the ex-coaching staff? It's getting old. I was not the biggest Cowher fan in the world, (try search posts), but to take shots at the ex-coaching staff during every interview shows a lack of class and maturity in my opinion. But I'll ignore it, because afterall......Ben IS the Pittsburgh Steeelers...lol.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #28
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208

I agree he has the right to comment and compare and I agree some players were underutilized. (I've never understood keeping Miller on the sideline in 3rd down situations...) HOWEVER, I also think it's time for Ben to step up, be a mature leader, and focus on the positives. Basically, I'm Switzerland on this one.

Seriously... I'm excited they are enthusiastic and think these are positive changes. Let's hope the enthusiasm equals a few more wins this year!

But speaking of the O-line, what do you all think of Colon getting reps with the first team while Starks is taking reps with the second team on the left side?
onthebus36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #29
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

It used to be the media just over analyzed everything. Now these clowns all want to be the story. It's not that hard to bait him or anyone into saying something that later gets twisted out of context.

Media types lie awake at night thinking up new ways to ask questions that get the response they're looking for. Players, who crave the attention just as much, actually think people care to hear thier views on EVERYTHING.

In reality the real motive is to get them to say something stupid so they have a story.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #30
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,678 Posts

I was at a sentencing once where the judge told the defendant it was time to look forward rather than look back and the defendant said he preferred to look back - Ben reminds me of that defendant with these recurring comments about the old regime.

However, I promise that when Ben accepts the Lombardi Trophy this year and tells AJRII "I would just like to say how great it was to have a coach who was nice to me and allowed us to play to our full potential" (at which point AJRII gives a double thumbs up to the camera) that I will not make any posts about Ben needing to let it go.

Our Ben right or wrong!!
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote