Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-09-2005, 09:22 AM   #11
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583
Default Re: Morgan satisfied with No. 4 role

Quincy was a big time playmaker when he was with the clowns but thats when he caught the ball. That was his major concern no doubt he is fast but the guys hands were not that good. If someone can get him to hang on to the ball he will be the #2 WR for us sometime this season. He has all the tools to be a great one.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:13 AM   #12
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
I tend to agree here.. like I said in another thread. He may have good speed and have good hands and all that; but if he was THAT good he wouldnt be a journeyman WR for last 5 years.

He can help us out Im sure and competition always brings out the best in everyone.

but that's the thing he ain't a jorneyman, he's been stable for most of his five years, he only played half a season with the cowboys the rest with the browns, the media makes it seem like he's never stayed in one place for more then a year.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #13
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

My only beef is, and I'll be honest I dont know his contract numbers that may have something to do w/ it...but it seems the Steelers are putting an awful lot of hopes on this guy, and I just dont want us to be dissapointed. Cowher stated he'd be in mainly the 4 WR sets and then they'd go from there. So thats cool, and I hope he does help us out alot and I hope he can be very productive and work his way up the totem pole for us. I honestly just never thought he was THAT good w/ the clowns and since then either.

He's definately worlds better than mays, which isnt saying much anyways, Im just not gonna hold my breath till we see what he does on a week in and week out basis for us...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:47 PM   #14
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Morgan signed a one year deal for $540,000, the NFL minimum for a fifth-year pro....

In his only season starting all 16 games he put up decent numbers.

2002 Browns- 16 games started, 56 receptions, 964 yards, 17.2 avg. 7 TDs, (6 catches over 48 yards)

Those are the kind of numbers we need out of the "X" spot, and very similar to the numbers you might expect from Plax in that role.

If he doesn't step up, he will be gone. If he does step up.... we got a steal, and they might give him an extension.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:18 PM   #15
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

But was he a cap casualty when he left the clowns, and down in dallas? I cant remember... but I do know he had some issues w/ his attitude at times so I would imagine thats been corrected or we wouldnt have signed him.

IF he can put up those numbers or similar to that in our system as he works for more playing time, then I'd be quite content w/ that and would love to see him sign an extension next year too. Atleast we got him for a decent price and no long term committment till we see how he does.

I just remember him kinda being like Plax. He can make the long yardage catches and spectacular circus ones, but then he'll turn around and drop a short pass just as it hits him in the hands.

Here's to a good year w/ him.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #16
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

he really wanted out of here, Cleveland , bad. He was smart enough to know that Couch sucked. And he was upset over them getting Garcia. Cant blame the guy for that. At $540,000 this is a potenial steal. Great job Steelers.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #17
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

If he and cedric both work out, we could have 2 big players for relatively VERY cheap!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #18
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I don't like this pick-up...I don't like scraping up castoffs from not only the Browns but also the Cowboys, two teams who are not exactly striking terror into the hearts of their opponents with their juggernaut-like offensive attack.

Quincy has an attitude, and he has never lived up to his potential. Maybe being around Hines Ward can change some of that, but I doubt it.

But I'd love it if he proved me wrong.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:15 AM   #19
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

oh the cowboys will start to strike fear in the hearts of ppl, julius jones is an amazing running back and will open up that offense a lot now that defenses got to worry about him. as for one of the other post, no morgan wasn't a cap casualty he was traded for a player that was basically like him. this will end up being a good trade but he'll probably end up leaving us this year for money cause he'll think he deserves more casue he has a superbowl ring
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:34 AM   #20
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

The Brownies were terrible, and going no where quick. Who wouldnt want out. The cowboys are kind of stacked at wr. And Parcells doesnt like anyone. Morgan may not work out, but for $540,000 he is well worth a look. I say he makes it here.