Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-04-2007, 03:15 PM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Steelers vs. Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
You have a link to that Jason Taylor article?

I find it hard to imagine a Dolphins player taking a serious shot at the Steelers franchise given their relative success rates of the two teams over the last 20 years.
And the fact that Jason Taylor is a Pittsburgh native made it a little surprising in my opinion. Eitherway, I have heard Porter call out teams in the past and I wasn't hearing many complaints back then. Players talk.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Having read it, it seemed like a misjudged comment - im guessing he made the comment awhile back when the HC situation was still pretty unsettled?
Nothing to misjudge about it. The article was posted last Thursday and the author makes reference to Taylor making the comment on "Wednesday". Also - Taylor specifically mentions a "new coach". Tuck Faylor.

Quote:
As Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, a Pittsburgh native who is the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, told me Wednesday, "They've got a mess up there. They've got a new coach, players questioning whether he should be there. He's got to find a way to demand some respect. I don't know what to expect, to be honest."

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
And the fact that Jason Taylor is a Pittsburgh native made it a little surprising in my opinion. Eitherway, I have heard Porter call out teams in the past and I wasn't hearing many complaints back then. Players talk.
I have to admit I was torqued off when I read about it here as well - as soon as I learned the article was written by Michael Silver, I began to have my doubts whether that is what Taylor actually said at all. Michael Silver is a graduate of the "Skip Bayliss School of Sports Journalism" - yes, IMO, he's that bad.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I have to admit I was torqued off when I read about it here as well - as soon as I learned the article was written by Michael Silver, I began to have my doubts whether that is what Taylor actually said at all. Michael Silver is a graduate of the "Skip Bayliss School of Sports Journalism" - yes, IMO, he's that bad.
I'm a King fan myself, so I tend to ignore the likes of Silver and Bayless. Eitherway, if Taylor did in fact make those comments then so be it. That's his opinion. I still respect the guy as a player and person. From all reports he's a classy individual. Although I still find it odd that when Porter opened his mouth while he was sporting the B&G it was passed off as "Awww shucks, it's not a big deal, that's just Joey being Joey. The media needs a story and took his words out of context".

Eitherway, all that matters to me is what happens on November 26.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Although I still find it odd that when Porter opened his mouth while he was sporting the B&G it was passed off as "Awww shucks, it's not a big deal, that's just Joey being Joey. The media needs a story and took his words out of context".
I agree, 83 - however, I wasn't one of the apologists when he was still sporting B&G either:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...88&postcount=5
Old 06-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I agree, 83 - however, I wasn't one of the apologists when he was still sporting B&G either:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...88&postcount=5
Oh by no means was I stating you in particular fansince'76. I apologize if you took it as such.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Oh by no means was I stating you in particular fansince'76. I apologize if you took it as such.
Not at all, 83 - I know what you meant, and I agree wholeheartedly. Alot of the same folks that loved it when Joey lipped off (even when it cost the team - example being tossed out of a game during warmups) when he was a Steeler are some of the most vocally against his lipping off now that he's a Dolphin and it's completely hypocritical.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Yes they do.

As a respected elderstateman of the game you would wonder why JT needs to get into that type of stuff now - the Dolphins have enough hurdles this year without pissing the Steelers off!

I always thought Porters stuff was childish - and mostly counterproductive - alot of people point to Jerramy Stevens flop in the SB but he'd been dropping balls for a career way before Joey weighed in with his 2 cents.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #19
Newzfoxjr
Starter

Member Number: 4116

I'm looking foward to the Seahawks & I think we play the Patriots, more. Sure this will be interesting, but eh. Those other two seem more appealing.
Newzfoxjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #20
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzfoxjr View Post
I think we play the Patriots
December 9 @ New England.