Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66
Default I like what I see.

Over the past few months I have been disappointed in what the Steelers have been doing and voiced it on the site. And man have I taken a beating from time to time, but I have to admit I have started to like what I see. Our back field is looking great. Is their another team that deep? I hated the TE pick, but I'm starting to see how the O is forming up and I like it. Getting excited for the season!!
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: I like what I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersWyo View Post
Over the past few months I have been disappointed in what the Steelers have been doing and voiced it on the site. And man have I taken a beating from time to time, but I have to admit I have started to like what I see. Our back field is looking great. Is their another team that deep? I hated the TE pick, but I'm starting to see how the O is forming up and I like it. Getting excited for the season!!
I am also warming up to the Spaeth pick ..and am beginning to think that we may end up keeping Cody Boyd also.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

SteelersWyo, just my opinion.....I think some get caught up in the moment. Instead of waiting to see how things pan out or waiting to see what our future plans entail, some people jump to conclusions and are ready to take the Fort Pitt Bridge. Now those same people have had time to sit back, see what our future plans consist of and have a better understanding. Perfectly natural for the most part.

Then there are others (not saying you by any means) who actually believe in their heart of hearts that they can run and manage a football team better than people who have been involved in that business well before they were even born. They are a funny and amusing bunch.

While I have my doubts about this upcoming season, I like the direction this team is heading. I've learned to wait and see how things pan out from a player personnel point of view (draft, trades, FA signings) before I go on a two-three day Rooney rant and act as if the Steelers franchise as we know it will crumble like Berlin in '45'.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66

Just eating a little crow. If Holmes can step up and the kid from Florida (name escapes me) works out, our passing game could take a step up. Add the TEs and match ups could go our way on offense.
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

The kid from FL is Dallas Baker (yes named after the hated cowgirls).

But like you Wyo, there were things that I questioned this year and with the way Tomlin is talking and the actions at the mini camps and OTAs it's definitely coming together nicely.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

A lot of people are so use to the same old deal each off season and path that they take may have the wtf is going on and what direction were going in. But with new coaches, new offensive play book and game plan, you have to sit back and wait to let it unfold. As time goes on we learn more each day, each practice the path we will take now, and so far it is looking great, and it showed in the draft that we were drafting for are needs. And like some when we drafted Spaeth the best TE in the draft I was wondering which direction the team was going on offense and now that they have let more unfold and showed us exactly how they will use the multiple TE's, I am happy about it.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
A lot of people are so use to the same old deal each off season and path that they take may have the wtf is going on and what direction were going in. But with new coaches, new offensive play book and game plan, you have to sit back and wait to let it unfold. As time goes on we learn more each day, each practice the path we will take now, and so far it is looking great, and it showed in the draft that we were drafting for are needs. And like some when we drafted Spaeth the best TE in the draft I was wondering which direction the team was going on offense and now that they have let more unfold and showed us exactly how they will use the multiple TE's, I am happy about it.
Great post.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:58 AM   #8
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

I'm also getting excited. I can't wait to see them line up with 3 TE's WIDE and Willie Parker in the backfield. Wow! the many options that they'll have out of that formation and with the NO HUDDLE talk? Imagine 3 TALL TE's on the field with pass catching AND blocking abilities.

Man, I'm getting a TINGLE! I feel like a little kid in the backseat of a car that's driving fast over steep hills. You all know the feeling.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:16 AM   #9
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Well...

I NEVER DOUBTED THEM! HA!

I'm THAT guy...

But in all seriousness. The only thing that I was skeptical about after the draft was how big Dallas Baker was getting hyped up. I feel like he was a great pick up in the 7th round. But the hype. Oh the hype. People seem to have some mad Colstonitis...
Old 06-06-2007, 04:45 AM   #10
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,953 Times in 1,659 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I like what I see in the offense so far.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote