Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 06-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #21
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196
Default Re: Upshaw's Physical Threats Taken Seriously

I may have been a little harsh. I could have replaced a few choice words and still made my point. And I did say majority not everyone. Watching that show set me off. In this day of PC, John Madden can admit to cheating that was intended to inflict serious injury on another person and thats OK?? Not only OK, but something to gloat about. Why is that no worse than say gambling, or making a racial slur.

If you choose to believe the Steelers were the only ones juicing in the 70's thats your perogative but there is no way to prove that. I don't think you can state that as fact anymore than I can state that the majority of the Raider Nation are SB's.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,027 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I'll second that (e)motion LOL

S&B is a genuine good guy and I PM'ed him let him know he's a welcome part of this forum (certainly from my point of view and probably alot of people's)

Its a thin line sometimes when you see a whole fanbase called out as 'scumbags' or whatever to not take it a little personally - especially if you the only guy from that teams fanbase on the forum.

I imagine he'll have a little medicine to take for the outburst but hopefully we'll get to see him round these parts in time for the new season (come on already!)
thats a good gesture LITP and even though youre no longer a mod it good to see you look at the well being of the board as if you were and can appreciate a good member who contributes to the "community' 5000 of us have built.

Quote:

Hey! I'm the one who's suppossed to make the outrageous statements and call people names. Don't steal my thing man!

i could easilly bash the raiders or browns but we have 1 raiderfan and 1 brownfan who even frequent this board and it would be nothing more than offending them for the sake of offending them. on the other hand i can bash the patriots and always know litp is up for a "friendly game of chess"

as for the roids, the 70's were a breeding ground for them, along with the stick-um. it just so happens one steeler said as much.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #23
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Thats a pretty broad brush you paint with!

Al Davis is a HUGE part of why you have the NFL as it is today... like him or not.

The Raider Nation, of which I am part of, is not by a long shot comprised of scumbags, as you so eloquently put it.

I will apologize to most of you now, since I will probably get banned after this. Its been a pleasure to talk with some of you about the old days and the Raiders, Steelers rivalry. I've enjoyed my time here... sorry it had to end this way, but I will not stand by and take that kind of crap... as I doubt most of you would take that kind of talk about your team, owner and fans either.

Good luck with your season... bye.
Well so far, no "Banned" is showing up by your id so that's good!

But you are right, Al Davis, is a huge reason we have the NFL the way it is today. He, like Rooney, was a pioneer in this league (maybe that's why they were so much like each other) and if it weren't for them, who knows what the state of the AFL/NFL would be today.

Here's to seeing you around during the season.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #24
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
thats a good gesture LITP and even though youre no longer a mod it good to see you look at the well being of the board as if you were and can appreciate a good member who contributes to the "community' 5000 of us have built.

i could easilly bash the raiders or browns but we have 1 raiderfan and 1 brownfan who even frequent this board and it would be nothing more than offending them for the sake of offending them. on the other hand i can bash the patriots and always know litp is up for a "friendly game of chess"

as for the roids, the 70's were a breeding ground for them, along with the stick-um. it just so happens one steeler said as much.
You're a bigger man than me. I've had him on my ignore list since he was removed as a mod.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #25
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:

Please, feel free to bash the Raiders any time you want Tony. I'm in a Steelers forum... Its not like it isn't expected, or would come as a surprise. I have no problem with anyone bashing the Raiders or hating them... you're Steelers fans, for cripes sake!

I draw the line at sweeping generalizations about Raider fans, the Raiders or Al Davis. I know that Al Davis is not a popular owner amoung the rest of the NFL or it's fan bases, but Al Davis was a driving force in making pro football and the NFL what it is, and that is a FACT... no matter what anyone may feel about him personally.

I'm sorry I flew off the handle at rbryan. It just pissed me off that a discussion about Gene Upshaw and the NFLPA had to turn into a "bash the Raiders, Al Davis and the Raider Nation" thread.

I really don't get offended by good natured bashing. If I did, I wouldn't come here. Please, don't feel like you can't post what you want about the Raiders because I'm a member here. I just ask that it is at least factual, and not based on someones personal opinion about an organization, and a fan base that they really don't know anything about, other than what they perceive to be truth.

I apologise to all of you... and to you, rbryan. I'd like to extend the olive branch and forget about this, if you are willing.
silver & black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,027 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Please, feel free to bash the Raiders any time you want Tony. I'm in a Steelers forum... Its not like it isn't expected, or would come as a surprise. I have no problem with anyone bashing the Raiders or hating them... you're Steelers fans, for cripes sake!

I apologise to all of you... and to you, rbryan. I'd like to extend the olive branch and forget about this, if you are willing.
your a good dude. yeah what i meant was bashing the browns and their fans. it would be like calling all people from ohio retards i wouldnt want to insult you or j-dawg on a personal level just to get a dig in on a team i dont like. bengal fans are different though
Old 06-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #27
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Upshaw is letting Luca Brasi loose.

"Don Upshaw, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daughter... 's wedding... on the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope their first child be a masculine child. I pledge my ever-ending loyalty."
Old 06-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:

Quote:
Chess you say?

Ain't nuthin friendly about chess!

Its war..... and you're the 'guy' with the pink shirt and pony tail

They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #29
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

Chess you say?

Ain't nuthin friendly about chess!

Its war..... and you're the 'guy' with the pink shirt and pony tail

I don't know dude that "guy" looks pissed and ready for a long match.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #30
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

PFT has some interesting deductions made from some recent Upshaw/NFL developments - it should be understood that the actual linkage between the occurences is in no way stated as fact - its simply a theory.
Quote:
Hmmm. On Wednesday, Cowboys guard Marco Rivera speaks out (scroll down) against NFLPA executive director Geno Upsharrino. On Thursday, Rivera gets cut.

Could there be a cause-and-effect thing going on here?

Consider these facts: Upsharrino is represented by Tom Condon of CAA. The Cowboys' starting quarterback and running back are represented by Ken Kremer of CAA. The Cowboys' starting quarterback has one year remaining on his contract, and negotiations on an extension are looming.

Are we suggesting that Condon or Kremer let it be known that a swift conversion of Rivera from active to inactive player would be remembered with fondness at the bargaining table? No.

We'll just call it a coincidence. A hell of a coincidence.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote