Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 06-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default A good read for those of you who ride the bus in Pittsburgh

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_511703.html

Port Authority to revamp city and suburban bus routes

By Jim Ritchie
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, June 8, 2007

Port Authority of Allegheny County wants to scrap its system of city and suburban bus routes and build a new network from scratch.

Authority CEO Steve Bland said this morning the agency will spend the next 18 months redesigning its bus system with the hope of making it less costly and more productive by matching riders' neighborhoods with their most frequent destinations.

The process could bring about more neighborhood loop routes or the creation of a hub-and-spoke type system where buses feed main transit corridors, such as the East, West and South Busways, and T light-rail lines.

The process, called Connect 09, also would look for ways to tie the county system into neighboring transit systems, such as those in Beaver and Westmoreland counties. And, the authority will use federal dollars to replace its outdated fare collection system with a modern Smart Card, which among other benefits, would allow the agency to track rider trends.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,046 Times in 3,060 Posts
Default Re: A good read for those of you who ride the bus in Pittsburgh

that sounds like a good idea with the smart card. my grandparents have never even learned to drive, so i have riden the bus all over the place there and plan on doing some more when i visit in a month or so. last time i was on the bus there a delivery truck was blocking the route and our pretty young and hip bus driver got out and threatened to kick some ass in front of the biker bar down at the strip. it was pretty cool.