Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #91
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: AFC NORTH DIVISION PREDICTIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
First Place: Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)-- Big Ben bounces back and has the Comeback Player of the Year season.Ward eclipses 1,000 yards,as does Santonio Holmes while Heath Miller has a coming-out party with 70 catches for 10 TD's and about 800 yards (give or take).This year,our defense will pressure the QB more.That is part of the reason our secondary played like crap so much last year.Polamalu will be heal;thy the entire year,Anothony Smith will knock some heads off of people,and Ike will play like he did in 2005.

Second Place: Baltimore Ravens (10-6)-- McGahee won't be this 7,000 yard 5,000 TD machine everyone thinks he is going to become.He'll probally have Jamal Lewis circa 2006 numbers behind that line,which is a marked improvment over what he did in Buffalo.McNair will have a good season,getting back into his comfort level with Mason and finding Heap in the red zone a lot.Thier defense is gonna be one of the better defenses in the league again,but they won't be as dominant this year.

Third Place: Cinncinati Bengals (8-8)-- Thier offense will still be hella explosive and one of the most underrated backs in the division,Rudi Johnson,will have another very good season.However,thier defense still leaves a lot to be desired.Not to mention all the distaction from offseason arrests and Marvin Lewis' denial about his team chocked full of criminals.

Fourth Place: Cleveland Browns (4-12)-- They will once again go winless in the division.This is a team on the rise,just not this year.They are building a solid foundation that will bear fruit in 2008,when they should have Baxter back 100% healthy,and possibly have center Lecharles Bentley back.Frye will start the season,but I don't see much productivity from him.So I say about gave 5 or 6 Quinn will become the starting QB.He'll have a rough start,but by week 10 I think he will have caught up with the speed of the game and start showing that he would have been worth the #3 pick in the draft.
Sounds like your looking into your own little future glass. Just alot of hype there, not really into reality are ya? But I can say.... I hope your right.. but it doesnt matter to me wether Ben is comeback player of the year or not, as long as we have #6 in the trophy case at the end of the year....
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #92
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreRavens View Post
Calm yourself down, the Ravens have been in existance for 10 years. If Irsay had left Baltimore with their records/colors/logo then we would have the same number of championships as you and more postseason wins.
in my opinion, your numbers are what the former Cleveland Browns had before moving to Baltimore and what you guys have now as the Ravens. The Ravens are 60 years old franchise here. Not the new version of the clowns.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #93
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

Quote:
And that happens with every single over hyped nationally followed team. The Yankees and the Redsox have every stadium they go to filled with all their fans. Just like the Steelers did when they were tearing up the regular season and flopping in the post-season.
Wich team was the last to win a superbowl buddy? Oh yeah I think that we will all agree that troy covers the pass just as well if not better than ed reed but there is no way in hell that reed could ever lay the wood like troy. Someone better tell that boy to muscle up! As for Ray Ray well find out how good he still is without thomas picking up his slack. And this is a little off subject but man that suggs he has got to be one of the five ugliest people in the world!
Northside Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #94
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Greatest one year wonder defense? What kind of a ****ing statment is that.
I suggest you watch your cybermouth around here, Baltimore. If you can't post without invoking the "F" word, be gone before someone drops a house on you.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:16 AM   #95
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreRavens
The bears managed a 15-1 regular season clinching home field throughout. The ravens were the fifth seed with no home game in the playoffs. Your right the bears are more impressive even though they allowed more yards and points and less turnovers. You can talk all the shit you want but the Ravens are a flat out better team than the Steelers in 2007. Sucks for you i guess.

Quote:
2000 AFC Wild Card Playoff Game at Baltimore Ravens
Sunday, December 31, 2000, 12:35 PM (Eastern Standard)

The Broncos' season ended in a disappointing 21-3 defeat at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens in an AFC Wild Card Playoff Game at PSINet Stadium in Baltimore on a blustery New Year's Eve day. Denver's offense managed just 177 yards -- the club's third lowest output in 28 postseason games -- and nine first downs against a record-setting Ravens defense, which put an end to the Broncos' seven-game postseason win streak.

After a scoreless first quarter, Baltimore put the first points on the scoreboard when Jamal Lewis reached the end zone from 1 yard out early in the second quarter to cap a 10-play, 75-yard drive. The Broncos answered with a 31-yard Jason Elam field goal to narrow the deficit to 7-3 when a promising 12-play, 68-yard drive stalled after a 3rd-and-1 opportunity at the Ravens' 12-yard line. What followed would prove to be the play of the game, if not one of the more bizarre plays of the year.

The Ravens' Corey Harris returned the ensuing kickoff 15 yards to the Baltimore 42-yard line. On 1st-and-10, Baltimore's Trent Dilfer attempted a screen pass to Lewis, who tipped the ball into and out of the hands of Denver cornerback Terrell Buckley. The loose ball was grabbed out of the air by former Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe who dashed 58 yards for a touchdown, boosting the lead to 14-3.

Baltimore increased its halftime lead to 21-3 late in the third quarter when Lewis ran 27 yards for his second touchdown of the day to cap the scoring.

Denver managed just 83 yards on its eight second-half possessions and was held scoreless to preserve the lowest scoring output (3) in franchise postseason history. The Broncos penetrated Ravens territory just once all day, and ran just seven plays on the Baltimore side of the field.

Broncos quarterback Gus Frerotte, subbing for the injured Brian Griese, completed 13 of 28 passes for 124 yards with one interception, while Ed McCaffrey led all receivers with eight catches for 75 yards. Mike Anderson led the Broncos in rushing with 40 yards on 15 carries. Safety Billy Jenkins and defensive end Maa Tanuvasa each had sacks for the Broncos defense, which held Baltimore to 244 yards total offense and forced 10 punts.

If I'm not mistaken, I would swear that this guy analizes NFL Football with Skip and Woody on Cold Pizza.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 AM   #96
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I suggest you watch your cybermouth around here, Baltimore. If you can't post without invoking the "F" word, be gone before someone drops a house on you.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #97
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

And before some smart arse asks - no that isn't me under that house nor am I her sister.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote