Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-12-2007, 03:12 AM   #21
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140
Default Re: AFC NORTH DIVISION PREDICTIONS

Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) I don't need to give any explanation for this prediction. The Steelers had 12-4 talent last season but as we all know, too many things went against them predominately the Big Ben injuries and the who gives a crap attitude exhibited by Bill Cowher.

Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) Sure the Bengals have some talent on offense but that's the only positive to speak of with this organization. I disagree with a former post indicating that Rudi Johnson is underrated. I think that a lot of RB's would flourish in the Bengals system due to their legitimate passing threat keeping opposing defenses on their heels.

Baltimore Ravens (9-7) Besides hating the Ravens, I just dont feel that they're that good of a team. They've lost Adalias Thomas and Jamal Lewis. They were solid last season but the playoffs gave you a taste of the true Ravens, a Ravens team that benefited from the misfortunes of the Steelers and Bengals.

Cleveland Browns (7-9) Yeah, they'll improve, SLIGHTLY.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:38 AM   #22
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Sorry guys. I do feel the Steelers will get into the playoffs this season as a W/C, but with McNair behind center (as long as he stays healthy), McGahee in the backfield and their D pretty much still intact, I gotta pick them (blech) to win the AFCN this season. Please let me be wrong.

Ratfinks 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Bungles 8-8
Browns 6-10
Thats pretty much my same prediction with one small change. I think Bmore goes 12-4. Its being reported that Ray Ray 'is in the best shape of his career.' But personally I just think he got one of the 12 paternity suites off of his back. If he is then their defense will be real real dangerous. McNair will be McNair and play well in the regular season then bomb out in the playoffs. The thing that will be the telling sign for the this team wont be Mcgahee...it will be the passing game. McGahee will get around 900-1000 yards behind a solid O-Line but if the recievers make strides and preform better then last year when they were better then expected then this will be a dangerous offense.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #23
BaltimoreRavens
Water Boy

Member Number: 5672

***Disclaimer: This post favors the Baltimore Ravens and MAY offend Steeler Fans***

The Ravens return 18 of 22 starters, and besides Adalius Thomas we lost Jamal Lewis, Tony Pashos, and Ovie Mughalli(sp). Big losses eh? We upgraded at running back, and it puzzles me that you keep saying Mcnair will be injured. Throughout his career Mcnair has been a PROVEN ironman and our pass coverage is good enough to keep him from being hit. He was (besides our AFC semifinal playoff game) the most clutch QB in the NFL, our O-line only lacks at getting to the second level and protecting the running back, which we upgraded at.

Finally, please please tell me how you guys have improved over the past few years. You've lost Plaxico Burres, Bill Cohwer, Antwan Randel El, Jerome Bettis, and Joey Porter. But you have gained...oh wait nothing.

The Ravens are so stacked that we had no needs at all in the draft, except maybe an O-line or two. I do, however, enjoy reading you guys talking about how an 8-8 team, who went on a tear late in the season and was lucky to get to .500, will overtake the 13-3 Ravens with the best defense a top ten passing offense an upgraded running attack and a superb coaching staff. Good luck with that.

Why don't you take a look at the schedules, the ravens could very, very likely start off the season 9-0, and finish 13-3 again although im predicting an 11-5 or 12-4 season becasue the Ravens don't need to prove anything. When I look at the Steelers schedule, I see a one time wonder quarterback and a young, naive coach trying to beat teams in a division where every team is a legitimate challenge. The Bengals are still good enough to outscore you, the Browns aren't very good but will steal a game, and the Ravens are better on both sides of the ball.

Ravens players to watch out for: Ray Lewis, Steve Mcnair, Willis Mcgahee, Ed Reed, Jonathan Ogden, Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton, Terell Suggs, Bart Scott.

Steelers players to watch out for: Hines Ward, Willie Parker, Troy Palamalu.

Mcnair has had a full offseason to get into the groove of the offense. Think about it, this time last year Mcnair did not know a single play in the ravens playbook. Now he knows every single one inside out and has nothing to worry about on or off the field. Even last year, the Ravens were 10th in passing offense and Mcnair started every single game.

Sorry for not commenting much on the Steelers but they're a boring, old, has-been team who think theyre really good. This was a taste of reality for you, now please tell me why you have the Ravens losing the division to the Steelers. Sorry for spelling.

Kthnxbai.

Last edited by BaltimoreRavens; 06-12-2007 at 01:43 PM.
BaltimoreRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #24
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreRavens View Post
***Disclaimer: This post favors the Baltimore Ravens and MAY offend Steeler Fans***

It doesn't shock me that the people on these boards with the higher post count predict that the Ravens will win the division and the guys with 10 posts say OMG STEELERS DIVISON CHAMPS 12-4 SO MUCH TALENT RATBIRDS BLOW ASS.

The Ravens return 18 of 22 starters, and besides Adalius Thomas we lost Jamal Lewis, Tony Pashos, and Ovie Mughalli(sp). Big losses eh? We upgraded at running back, and it puzzles me that you keep saying Mcnair will be injured. Throughout his career Mcnair has been a PROVEN ironman and our pass coverage is good enough to keep him from being hit. He was (besides our AFC semifinal playoff game) the most clutch QB in the NFL, our O-line only lacks at getting to the second level and protecting the running back, which we upgraded at.

Finally, please please tell me how you guys have improved over the past few years. You've lost Plaxico Burres, Bill Cohwer, Antwan Randel El, Jerome Bettis, and Joey Porter. But you have gained...oh wait nothing.

The Ravens are so stacked that we had no needs at all in the draft, except maybe an O-line or two. I do, however, enjoy reading you guys talking about how an 8-8 team, who went on a tear late in the season and was lucky to get to .500, will overtake the 13-3 Ravens with the best defense a top ten passing offense an upgraded running attack and a superb coaching staff. Good luck with that.

Why don't you take a look at the schedules, the ravens could very, very likely start off the season 9-0, and finish 13-3 again although im predicting an 11-5 or 12-4 season becasue the Ravens don't need to prove anything. When I look at the Steelers schedule, I see a one time wonder quarterback and a young, naive coach trying to beat teams in a division where every team is a legitimate challenge. The Bengals are still good enough to outscore you, the Browns aren't very good but will steal a game, and the Ravens are better on both sides of the ball.

Ravens players to watch out for: Ray Lewis, Steve Mcnair, Willis Mcgahee, Ed Reed, Jonathan Ogden, Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton, Terell Suggs, Bart Scott.

Mcnair has had a full offseason to get into the groove of the offense. Think about it, this time last year Mcnair did not know a single play in the ravens playbook. Now he knows every single one inside out and has nothing to worry about on or off the field. Even last year, the Ravens were 10th in passing offense and Mcnair started every single game.

Sorry for not commenting much on the Steelers but they're a boring, old, has-been team who think theyre really good. This was a taste of reality for you, now please tell me why you have the Ravens losing the division to the Steelers. Sorry for spelling.

Kthnxbai.
Well, Baltimore - using your theory on post counts, you should be saying OMG Steelers 12-4. Honestly - post counts don't mean jack diddly do.

Because I don't wear black and gold colored glasses and am a realist, I picked the Rats to win the AFCN this season for the reasons set forth in my prior post. However, as you well know, anything can happen in that division, so I don't totally count the Steelers out. We are going into this season kind of on an "unknown" because of all the coaching changes, etc., and may need this season to adjust and gel. This doesn't mean that I don't see the Steelers back on top in the AFCN for a long while in the very near future. While the Rats D is still among the elite in the league, they are an aging D, while the Steelers have a host of young up and coming players ready to take over for our vets. Be afraid in the coming years.....be VERY afraid.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #25
BaltimoreRavens
Water Boy

Member Number: 5672

I hear what you're saying, but what alot of outsiders may not realize is that the Ravens defense is not a lot of very good players. It's a system. Once your born into the Ravens defense you bond with the players off the field and are a pivotal part of what goes down. Look at the past coaching staff of the defense. Mike Nolan (Current Head Coach) Jack Del Rio (Current Head Coach) Marvin Lewis (Current Head Coach) Mike Singaltary (Current Defensive Coordinator). Past players have included Rod Woodson, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Adalius Thomas, Ed Hartwell, Blah blah blah but it's not about those pro bowl players. Other crucial pieces have been Bart Scott, Kelly Gregg, Will Demps, Dwan Landry. All players under the radar. It's not about the defense getting older, you plug in a new player and it'll be the same defense. As is evident because after losing almost all those people i mentioned above the Ravens boasted the best defense in almost every crucial catagory last year.

By the way, gonna love beating you Monday Night in front of everyone week 9 to top off our easiest opening schedule in history, your our last easy game before we begin playing real teams.
BaltimoreRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,842 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:

Kthnxbai.
disclaimer- you will not like my response.

the ravens have a bad (yet predictable) habit of getting full of themselves and then falling flat, every year after they win the division. the playbook brian st. pierre gave them is now obsolete, and for crying out loud, your team struggles against defensive powerhouses such as cinncinatti and indianapolis. having teams like the browns and titans take you down to the wire is commonplace. eeking out a win against the chargers is considered a huge victory.

what little upgrades the ravens made is erased with their collective age. theres too many key players who can break down at any time, and alot of the excellent depth has moved into starters roles.

another bad habit is thinking theyve got games won before they ever take the field. i presume they will show up against the steelers with the same intensity that the steelers approached the raiders with last year. i think how they handle the patriots this year will be a true test. unfortunately if they win, they will act like they won the superbowl, get full of themselves once again, and fall flat.

maybe its from poor leadership, or maybe its because ego is their motivation. whatever it is, it hasnt been proven a consistant winning formula.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #27
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
I hear what you're saying, but what alot of outsiders may not realize is that the Ravens defense is not a lot of very good players. It's a system. Once your born into the Ravens defense you bond with the players off the field and are a pivotal part of what goes down. Look at the past coaching staff of the defense. Mike Nolan (Current Head Coach) Jack Del Rio (Current Head Coach) Marvin Lewis (Current Head Coach) Mike Singaltary (Current Defensive Coordinator. Past players have included Rod Woodson, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Adalius Thomas, Ed Hartwell, Blah blah blah but it's not about those pro bowl players. Other crucial pieces have been Bart Scott, Kelly Gregg, Will Demps, Dwan Landry. All players under the radar. It's not about the defense getting older, you plug in a new player and it'll be the same defense.
That's the mark of a consistently good defense. As much as they are a rival, they truly are a tribute to hard nose football. The team wins on the defensive side of the ball. Their offense is usually unimpressive, yet they usually have solid years.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #28
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

Quote:

It doesn't shock me that the people on these boards with the higher post count predict that the Ravens will win the division and the guys with 10 posts say OMG STEELERS DIVISON CHAMPS 12-4 SO MUCH TALENT RATBIRDS BLOW ASS.

Kthnxbai.
Starting out 2-6, with most of the games lost on idiotic turnovers and dealing with a lame duck coach, then coming back and winning 6 or the last 8 games to finish the season, I say that's pretty good.

Crow now, Raven Fan. The Raves are tough, but if they share your homer attitude that all they need to do is make it to the game to win, they'll get a serious wakeup call. The Ravens compiled that 13-3 record on a third place schedule and surprising some teams. This year is not the case. You have tougher competition and the league is on to you. Be wary of that, that's all.

The Steelers won the Super Bowl and returned most of their starters in 2006. We learned that it doesn't mean crap the next season. Winning the AFC North one season doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to win it the next. BTW, your Ravens have developed a nasty habit of underachieving under Brian Billick. They fall for their own hype, get big headed, then fall flat. They got ****y before last years playoff game against the Colts. You know what happened. Already you have Willis McGahee predicting they'll be playing in the Super Bowl.

The Steelers finished in the top 10 in both offense and defense despite all of the crap during that 8-8 season. I'm pointing this out since you want to dip into team stats. Don't underestimate the Steelers.

In the end, you're no better than these 'homers' who had the Steelers winning the division. All we can base on is last year, which is over.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,842 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Mike Nolan (Current Head Coach) Jack Del Rio (Current Head Coach) Marvin Lewis (Current Head Coach) Mike Singaltary (Current Defensive Coordinator). Past players have included Rod Woodson, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Adalius Thomas, Ed Hartwell, Blah blah blah but it's not about those pro bowl players.
i gotta laugh at the fan of a team thats been in the league 10 years trying to school steelerfans on replacing pro bowl defenders and staying on top.

thats a long list of head coaches entering the league through the baltimore pipeline. i guess that playoff win list from those coaches is even longer. i wonder who baltimore adopted that 3-4 scheme they use and have found success with? ex steeler assistant marvin lewis. what a joke
Old 06-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #30
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Ravens players to watch out for: Ray Lewis
True. You never know what Stabbit Ray is up to behind your back.....literally. (Sorry - just HAD to).

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote