Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Best Contact Management Software?

I am setting up a a small business computer network (< 5 users.) We are planning on installing Contact Management Software. I have used Goldmine(single-user version,) and have heard of ACT!, Maximizer & some for MS Outlook. Does anyone have any experience/suggestions for best multi user contact management software?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Best Contact Management Software?

Hey GB,

Without knowing the specifics of the business and what the network users will be using the CRM software for and how extensively they would be using it, I did find a pretty comprehensive ranking guide for CRM software here:

http://crmguide.computerworld.com/se...ware%20Ranking
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Hey GB,

Without knowing the specifics of the business and what the network users will be using the CRM software for and how extensively they would be using it, I did find a pretty comprehensive ranking guide for CRM software here:

http://crmguide.computerworld.com/se...ware%20Ranking

Thanks for the link '76. We are looking for something that is intuitive & user friendly. Runs fast (5 computer wireless network.) Customizable fields, basic reporting & and good mass e-mailing capabilities. Probably don't need anything overly powerful, but something easy to manage & not unwieldy where you have to bring someone in at $75/hr every time you want to tweek something.

~ 3 Doors Down

Last edited by GBMelBlount; 06-17-2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Thanks for the link '76. We are looking for something that is intuitive & user friendly. Runs fast (5 computer wireless network.) Customizable fields, basic reporting & and good mass e-mailing capabilities. Probably don't need anything overly powerful, but something easy to manage & not unwieldy where you have to bring someone in at $75/hr every time you want to tweek something.
I found one that may fit - Salesforce.com. It's an online CRM platform, and I don't know if you'd want to go that way, but there is no additional hardware or software to buy to implement it. The drawback to it is that it won't be an in-house application. For a small business with a (likely) very limited IT budget, it seems ideal - $10 per month per user, or $600 for a one-year, 5-user license, no maintenance costs, and accessibility from any computer with an Internet connection. They offer a free trial as well: http://www.salesforce.com/platform/

Last edited by fansince'76; 06-17-2007 at 08:47 PM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #5
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I found one that may fit - Salesforce.com. It's an online CRM platform, and I don't know if you'd want to go that way, but there is no additional hardware or software to buy to implement it. The drawback to it is that it won't be an in-house application. For a small business with a (likely) very limited IT budget, it seems ideal - $10 per month per user, or $600 for a one-year, 5-user license, no maintenance costs, and accessibility from any computer with an Internet connection. They offer a free trial as well: http://www.salesforce.com/platform/
Looks interesting '76. I am signed up for the web broadcast (1 Hour.) As long as not too slow (web based,) sounds very intersting. I have no experience with web software. Thank You.

GB

~ 3 Doors Down