Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

As some of you know..I'm a HUGE draftnik Geek!!...and I am already looking at 2008...here is an early list of players...that will "at this time" be first round potential....I PERSONALLY would like to get James Laurinaitis, the LB out of Ohio State.. 6-3 244lb...and very versatile...Inside run stopper but can play outside if needed...AND....he is the son of Joe Laurinaitis ... the professional wrestler in the 1980s and 1990s, known as "the Animal" of the Legion of Doom ...(Gotta love that!!!)
VERY strong LB class and our Inside LB's arent getting any younger with little depth behind them





1. Jake Long OT Michigan

2. Sam Baker OT USC

3. Darren McFadden* RB Arkansas

4. Brian Brohm QB Louisville

5. Calais Campbell* DE Miami

6. Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

7. Kenny Phillips* S Miami

8. Antoine Cason CB Arizona

9. Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

10. Derrick Harvey* DE Florida

11. Mario Manningham* WR Michigan

12. Sedrick Ellis DT USC

13. Keith Rivers LB USC

14. Dan Connor LB Penn State

15. Limas Sweed WR Texas

16. James Laurinaitis* LB Ohio State

17. Barry Richardson OT Clemson

18. DeSean Jackson* WR Cal

19. Lawrence Jackson DE USC

20. Ryan Clady* OT Boise State

21. Vince Hall LB Virginia Tech

22. Rey Maualuga* LB USC

23. James Hardy WR Indiana

24. Frank Okam DT Texas

25. Tyson Jackson DE LSU

26. Chad Henne QB Michigan

27. Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State

28. Harry Douglas WR Louisville

29. Jasper Brinkley LB South Carolina

30. Chris Long DE Virginia

31. Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech

32. Malcolm Jenkins* CB Ohio State
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

LLT...a draft geek??

Good job im sitting down!

Seriously, dont worry - I share that affliction and I don't even get to watch any college football!

Patriots and Steelers will both be looking to address the ILB spot next year (Seau and Bruschi figure to share duties at one ILB spot this year in a normal formation) - despite Belichick favoring FA as a means of recruitment you never say never when it comes to the Patriots draft technique.

I've heard alot of good things about the strength of next years draft and, as you say, the particular strength in the LBer position.

Would I be correct in thinking that Kriewaldt and Wallace are the back-ups for the ILBer spots?
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter
 
Crushzilla's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Champions
Posts: 2,954
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5106
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Patriots and Steelers will both be looking to address the ILB spot next year (Seau and Bruschi figure to share duties at one ILB spot this year in a normal formation) - despite Belichick favoring FA as a means of recruitment you never say never when it comes to the Patriots draft technique.
What are you talking about? Seau is in the prime of his career!

Quote:
Would I be correct in thinking that Kriewaldt and Wallace are the back-ups for the ILBer spots?
That's about correct. According to the depth chart on Yahoo, but things could be shifted around with our two new guys.
__________________
Mad props to Steel-Bryan for the Bucco sig.
Crushzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

As far as OLB's go, I think Wesley Woodyard from Kentucky will be moving up the draft boards.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
LLT...a draft geek??

Good job im sitting down!

Seriously, dont worry - I share that affliction and I don't even get to watch any college football!

Patriots and Steelers will both be looking to address the ILB spot next year (Seau and Bruschi figure to share duties at one ILB spot this year in a normal formation) - despite Belichick favoring FA as a means of recruitment you never say never when it comes to the Patriots draft technique.

I've heard alot of good things about the strength of next years draft and, as you say, the particular strength in the LBer position.

Would I be correct in thinking that Kriewaldt and Wallace are the back-ups for the ILBer spots?

They also signed Marcello Church...who sat out last season (undrafted) while recovering from a very serious leg injury while in college. He is a longshot.

Next year Keith Rivers ,6'3 220 lbs, OLB from USC.... Dan Connor 6'3 223 lbs OLB from Penn State...and James Laurinaitis of Ohio State all have potential to be top 10 picks...

...I can see the Pats grabbing Laurinaitis or Rey Maualuga, who may need to slim down but is regarded as a high-motor guy...but Jasper Brinkley at may fit the Pats mold best at Inside......Vince Hall seems to be a better fit for a 4-3
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
As far as OLB's go, I think Wesley Woodyard from Kentucky will be moving up the draft boards.
At 6'1 212 lbs...he will probably play WLB for someone with a 4-3...I say probably, but hey....we drafted TWO 6'1 OLB's....either way...he is a legit player
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

On that list, as things stand now, I think McFadden, Harvey and Laurinaitis are stone cold locks to be great NFL players.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 3,253
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
As some of you know..I'm a HUGE draftnik Geek!!...and I am already looking at 2008...here is an early list of players...that will "at this time" be first round potential....I PERSONALLY would like to get James Laurinaitis, the LB out of Ohio State.. 6-3 244lb...and very versatile...Inside run stopper but can play outside if needed...AND....he is the son of Joe Laurinaitis ... the professional wrestler in the 1980s and 1990s, known as "the Animal" of the Legion of Doom ...(Gotta love that!!!)
VERY strong LB class and our Inside LB's arent getting any younger with little depth behind them





1. Jake Long OT Michigan

2. Sam Baker OT USC

3. Darren McFadden* RB Arkansas

4. Brian Brohm QB Louisville

5. Calais Campbell* DE Miami

6. Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

7. Kenny Phillips* S Miami

8. Antoine Cason CB Arizona

9. Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

10. Derrick Harvey* DE Florida

11. Mario Manningham* WR Michigan

12. Sedrick Ellis DT USC

13. Keith Rivers LB USC

14. Dan Connor LB Penn State

15. Limas Sweed WR Texas

16. James Laurinaitis* LB Ohio State

17. Barry Richardson OT Clemson

18. DeSean Jackson* WR Cal

19. Lawrence Jackson DE USC

20. Ryan Clady* OT Boise State

21. Vince Hall LB Virginia Tech

22. Rey Maualuga* LB USC

23. James Hardy WR Indiana

24. Frank Okam DT Texas

25. Tyson Jackson DE LSU

26. Chad Henne QB Michigan

27. Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State

28. Harry Douglas WR Louisville

29. Jasper Brinkley LB South Carolina

30. Chris Long DE Virginia

31. Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech

32. Malcolm Jenkins* CB Ohio State

Good shit LLT.....I love the draft also bro.....Its a year round event anymore....with the way its scouted.....I just hope Troy is resigned so S doesn't become a bigtime need since OG will be a big need since both Simmons and Faneca are free agents as well after this year.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

Do you really think Colt Brennan will go that high?
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter
 
PisnNapalm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 2,776
Member Number: 1225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking ahead at the 2008 draft

/sarcasm

I don't know what's worse.... Starting a thread about the 2008 draft or the number of replies to this thread already.

/end sarcasm
__________________
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
Μολὼν λάβε
PisnNapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts