Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #21
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoolers4ever View Post
If The Bengals Oline stays healthy unlike last season their Offense will be simply overwhelming. If injuries don't kill them again they will do much better tha 8-8... The defense will be improved with guys like Peko, Joseph and Jeanty getting another year under their belt..
Question: are they going to stick with Ghiacuic or however you spell it or the kid from Ohio State they grabbed from AZ at center?
Yeah, all indications are that Ghiaciuc will be the guy...Stepanovich will most likely be the backup now that Ben Wilkerson has been cut and he will most likely stay there unless Ghiaciuc struggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Nice stats, man.

Its funny I never would have put the Saints as high as 13th in points conceded.

One team you can take off the list though - the Raiders conceded 332 points (18th) which is one point worse than the Bengals!
Yeah, all the credit goes to the Saints offense, but they actually had a decent defense.

I know, for the Raiders I actually used their rank in yardage allowed...the points allowed stat just doesn't seem to do their defense justice...they were very good last year.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #22
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Yeah, all indications are that Ghiaciuc will be the guy...Stepanovich will most likely be the backup now that Ben Wilkerson has been cut and he will most likely stay there unless Ghiaciuc struggles.


Hmmmmm...the loss of Steinbach might be bigger than you realize....and I think that with Chris Henry gone for 8 games...you have no proven 3rd reciever. At some point your FO is going to have to look at a legit passcatching TE to take some pressure off of your two starting WR's....I would be up in arms for them not at least looking at that position in the draft this year.

Your LB corp used to be CRAZY with Odell and Pollack...but is only moderate now. You really need Odell to keep his hand out of the cookie jar. I look for O'Neal to have splinters in his butt by the end of the season if he shows up as casual as he did last year...and that leaves you with two young CB's who will take their lumps this year but will be good for your future.

Lot of maybe's!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:42 PM   #23
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC North

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Hmmmmm...the loss of Steinbach might be bigger than you realize
It's a big loss, but we drafted Andrew Whitworth last year to take his place and he showed some promise last year in a reserve role. Honestly the center position concerns me much more than the guard position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
....and I think that with Chris Henry gone for 8 games...you have no proven 3rd reciever.
There's no doubt that Chris Henry adds a whole nother dimension to passing game with his speed and size, but I think we have a lot of receivers who could do an adequated job replacing him. Antonio Chatman excelled in the slot position with Green Bay just a couple years ago...Tab Perry seems to be like a younger TJ...if healthy, Chris Perry can play slot receiver now that we've drafted Kenny Irons to back up Rudi in the running game...Reggie McNeal and Bennie Brazell have also showed promise, so I think we can find some production somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
At some point your FO is going to have to look at a legit passcatching TE to take some pressure off of your two starting WR's....I would be up in arms for them not at least looking at that position in the draft this year.
This has been discussed a lot over the years in Bengaldom, but the organization has made it clear that their main emphasis on the TE position is blocking and not receiving. Last year our TE's combined for around 35 receptions which I think is acceptable given the Bengals philosophy. Reggie Kelly is an awesome blocker and can easily play fullback in the no-huddle offense. Palmer lobbied the Bengals to resign him, so he must be doing something right. I'm not upset that the Bengals haven't gone after a big time receiving TE, because he would just be under-utilized in the Bengals system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Your LB corp used to be CRAZY with Odell and Pollack...but is only moderate now. You really need Odell to keep his hand out of the cookie jar.
Yeah, having Odell back would be awesome...he's a natural born leader at the MLB position. But, we've also got a lot of other young talented linebackers...Ahmad Brooks, Landon Johnson, Rashad Jeanty, Andre Frazier, and Eric Henderson is being moved to LB. Most of these guys are 2nd year players with the exception of Landon and should all make some large strides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I look for O'Neal to have splinters in his butt by the end of the season if he shows up as casual as he did last year...and that leaves you with two young CB's who will take their lumps this year but will be good for your future.
That would certainly be no surprise. When O'Neal is on top of his game, he's one of the best corners in the league, but last year he didn't seem to be trying very hard out there. If he gets his game together, our secondary will be very promising. If not, Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph will have to mature very quickly.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,470
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,010
Thanked 8,758 Times in 3,679 Posts
Default Re: ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC North

well it sounds like every single young bengal back up is ready to push a starter out of a job. i suddenly feel alot better about our back up lb's (2 of which were the finest in this years draft), linemen, and wr's.

the ravens on the other thin are extremely thin, and have been plugging in alot of their quality depth into starters rolls. just like the bengals last year, they are an injury or 2 away from a 8-8 season.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:49 PM   #25
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC North

Why isn't anyone questioning the off-field problems and internal implosions that the Bengals are famous for? There is a culture on the team that isn't just going to go away because they hope it will. There are too many ego's, and a FO that has lost control. The Bengals are never going to be more than playoff fodder for better organizations with classier and more mature players. Sorry, Bengals fans, but it's the truth.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:10 PM   #26
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC North

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Why isn't anyone questioning the off-field problems and internal implosions that the Bengals are famous for?
Why? Because, for the most part, it hasn't really affected the team on the field. Sure, Chris Henry and Odell Thurman have been suspended, but your core of players is still there. Let's look at some of the offenders: Eric Steinbach: gone, Matthias Askew: gone, AJ Nicholson: gone, Frostee Rucker: a training camp cut away from gone, Reggie McNeal: ditto. Odell Thurman and Chris Henry are on their last lives. The Bengals have already drafted Deltha O'Neal's replacements.

You're looking at maybe 3 of these guys still being on the team by the time the season starts. There's 50 other guys in that lockerroom that have been doing their jobs. Just because a few dumbasses steal the spotlight doesn't mean there's a culture of bad behavior.

For every Chris Henry, Odell Thurman, you have at least 3 or 4 David Pollack's or Willie Anderson's.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #27
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC North

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
well it sounds like every single young bengal back up is ready to push a starter out of a job. i suddenly feel alot better about our back up lb's (2 of which were the finest in this years draft), linemen, and wr's.

the ravens on the other thin are extremely thin, and have been plugging in alot of their quality depth into starters rolls. just like the bengals last year, they are an injury or 2 away from a 8-8 season.
This is true...of course you could say the same about just about any team. You saw the Ravens the year before last. With no Steve McNair, an oft-injured defense, they really couldn't establish much of anything. The Ravens are one injury to McNair or a couple on defense away from crashing back down to earth.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #28
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC North

What about CJ? Punching a coach at halftime is not acceptable in championship teams locker rooms. And the fact that the Bengals, especially given all the glaring spotlights on them continue to give these guys chances sends a strong message to any future thugs that breaking the law is okay as long as you play well on the field. Face it, most of the guys you listed are off the team ONLY because the Bengals were forced to get rid of them. I know fans tend to turn a blind eye as much as they can, but this is getting out of hand. It must suck having to defend these guys over and over and over again, I'll give you that.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:03 AM   #29
CantStop85
Living Legend
 
CantStop85's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 3,140
Gender: Male
Member Number: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC North

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
What about CJ? Punching a coach at halftime is not acceptable in championship teams locker rooms. And the fact that the Bengals, especially given all the glaring spotlights on them continue to give these guys chances sends a strong message to any future thugs that breaking the law is okay as long as you play well on the field. Face it, most of the guys you listed are off the team ONLY because the Bengals were forced to get rid of them. I know fans tend to turn a blind eye as much as they can, but this is getting out of hand. It must suck having to defend these guys over and over and over again, I'll give you that.
What about CJ? I don't know what really happened in the locker room at halftime...but I'm sure he was pissed off. Which I don't really mind, because that at least shows that he cares about winning games, a lot more than can be said of some players. I don't really care what some anonymous source says he did or didn't do in a locker room. All I know is that he's probably the hardest working player on the team and has led the AFC in receiving the past 3 years.

Sure the Bengals have given players chances...but what do you expect? These are people that the organization has invested a lot of time and money into. Simply cutting some of these players would be the easy way out in a lot of cases. It's not like other teams haven't done it...the Steelers with Santonio Holmes, the Titans with Albert Haynesworth and Pac Man Jones, etc.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #30
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: ESPN's Ultimate Depth Chart: AFC North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Why? Because, for the most part, it hasn't really affected the team on the field. Sure, Chris Henry and Odell Thurman have been suspended, but your core of players is still there. Let's look at some of the offenders: Eric Steinbach: gone, Matthias Askew: gone, AJ Nicholson: gone, Frostee Rucker: a training camp cut away from gone, Reggie McNeal: ditto. Odell Thurman and Chris Henry are on their last lives. The Bengals have already drafted Deltha O'Neal's replacements.

You're looking at maybe 3 of these guys still being on the team by the time the season starts. There's 50 other guys in that lockerroom that have been doing their jobs. Just because a few dumbasses steal the spotlight doesn't mean there's a culture of bad behavior.

For every Chris Henry, Odell Thurman, you have at least 3 or 4 David Pollack's or Willie Anderson's.
Come on now CS85...I appreciate your candor...but you just stated that Reggie McNeal is a training camp cut form being gone...bur preciously said McNeal shows "promise" in taking Henry's place....

The truth behind the Bengals problems is obviously not talent..but in the "arbitrary precision" of Coach Marvin Lewis. He states to the media that these "people are going to be held accountable"...but privately posts in the locker room all the players in all sports who have been in trouble for the week...thereby minimizing the bengals players actions.
He states in the middle of the crises that "Odell wont be asked back"....then when everything dies down he says that Odell is a part of the team.

The truth is that Lewis is barely a +.500 coach...and has sold the Bengals soul to the devil for one winning season, and a 27-22 record of exaggerated mediocrity. He has simply exchanged the "Bungles" label to an embarrassing headline example of what is wrong in pro sports.

With the talent level that you have in Cincy....The best addition to your team would be a players coach who is a straight shooter.

Start the campaign CS85!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts