Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,525 Times in 3,755 Posts
Default Peter King/SI.com Rank QBs 1-32

Peter King admits he is just trying to stir things up in the pre-training camp lull, so he has his list of how he predicts NFL QBs will perform this coming year from #1-#32.

No surprise that Peyton and Brady are #1 and #2.

The laughs start with King apologizing for ranking Drew Brees over the sainted Carson Palmer at #3:

I'd take Drew Brees over Carson Palmer if I were starting a team right now. Sacrilege!

No need to apologize Peter - Brees has actually won a playoff game.

We then proceed through Tony Romo, Jake Cutler, and Jon freaking Kitna before we get to Ben Roethlisberger at #17:

Ben Roethlisberger 17th? What gives? From Year 1 to Year 2 of his career, his completion percentage dropped 3.7 points; from year two to three it fell 3.0 points. His TD-to-interception ratio, plus-eight in 2005, dropped to minus-five last season. He is profoundly inconsistent. I say he's a C-plus player until I see six or eight straight weeks of the same guy.

I know these rankings are subjective, but the apology that Palmer is not ranked higher and rankings of Cutler and Romo above Ben make it look like King has a serious mancrush on certain non-playoff winning QBs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...qbs/index.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Peter King/SI.com Rank QBs 1-32

Vince Young as one of his upset top 10 QBs....Come on...He had a decent rookie year....Lets not put him in Canton just yet Peter.........lol He had games were he had 76 yards passing.....lol He made plays with his legs and thats why the Titans won some of those games...Lets wait and see what he does this year.....I remember when Mike Vick won that play-off game at Lambeau and alot of people thought Vick was going to do big things in the NFL.....So far it hasn't happened....So I want to see more from Young before buying into the hype....The league will catch up to him and his running ability...

As for Jon Kitna as another suprise top 10 QB and ranked ahead of Big Ben....thats just a joke and Peter should be smacked with hammer for writing that....lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

whats funny is the chart with p[layers stats he puts up to support his rankings. the chart and stats totally contradict his placement of ben. he says its about wins and yards per attempt yet discredits bens wins and near league leading ypa, by suggesting he will have the 17th best season this year.

either this is set up to get ben that coveted "comeback player of the year award" or we need to start thinking about drafting the next "brady quinn".

kind doesnt dissapoint me much but i have all the confidence he is way off the mark and will be eating some crow on this one.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Can anybody here think of 16 other QB's playing today they'd rather have starting for the Steelers on opening day?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:19 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,430 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Can anybody here think of 16 other QB's playing today they'd rather have starting for the Steelers on opening day?
Active? No way.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

I've seen bad articles but this is too much, Vince "overrated" Young is top ten? This guy just lost all his credibility.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #7
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

You can tell Peter's going on vacation for the next month, leaving us all to hem and haw over his list. He's ranking all starting quarterbacks according to how he projects them to do in 2007, based on selected statistics from their 2005 and 2006 seasons.

Although I agree that Ben was inconsistent in 2006, I'd still rank him higher than 17 because he is a proven winner who was largely instrumental in the Steelers making it to the Super Bowl (his performances in the Indy and Denver games especially were exceptional), regardless of his poor passer rating in the actual SB. I don't know -- Romo? Young? Cutler? Kitna? McNabb? I'd take issue at the very least with all of them ranked ahead of Ben.

We can all agree that Ben had a bad 2006 (though he did finish 6-2), but apart from the horrendous number of interceptions, in my opinion his past performance indicates future success and I think he should have been ranked higher than 17.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,309 Times in 1,830 Posts

wow!.....cutler has a whole 2 wins under his belt,and he's a top 10 QB....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #9
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

McNabb Higher then Big Ben? BULLSHIT! Big Ben's got the Super Bowl ring and isn't in danger of losing his job. McNabb has missed 13 of the last 34 eagles games. Pathetic they rank McNabb higher. Not to mention mid season McNabb WILL BE REPLACED by Kolb.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:21 PM   #10
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

This year we will know if he is fully healed from his infirmities. However, I am always skeptical of anyone named "Peter King."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote