Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default God is punishing me.

The Airman who I almost laid hands on in anger has come back to my office. I must have committed a very serious sin. Either that or God is testing me.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: God is punishing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
The Airman who I almost laid hands on in anger has come back to my office. I must have committed a very serious sin. Either that or God is testing me.

He doesn't 'test' or punish you J,....he's omnipotent. It's training. LOL
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Either that or you're about to get your hiney kicked.

Czar is right - God doesn't test. He's all-forgiving.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #4
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

I've always been a fan of the saying, 'If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it'

As far as the testing goes, I kinda believe that he tests us know and then but I am a big advocate that he is all forgiving.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:55 AM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I'd have to disagree with you guys. God does allow us to be tested. When we proclaim our faith in him, he will test us. The bible even tells us (Preacher you may have to help on this one) that we will be tested in the fire that the impurities will removed from you.

One example of being tested. Job. In the Old Testament, Job was a man of God. Satan then talked to God and said that Job wouldn't have his faith if he took everything away. God allowed Satan to take away his house, family, livestock. Eventually God allowed Satan to take Job's health - but Job remained faithful. By the end of it all God had doubled everything that Job originally had. He ended with a bigger house, more livestock, a new family.

It just shows that if you are faithful to God, then God will be faithful to you. Just be strong and when you want to "Lay your hands" on the recruit, just pray - and let God take care of him.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

God does test...and he allows you to be tempted...however..never beyond your personal ability to overcome the temptation....
1 Corinthians 10:13 says:
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
....Simply put...your temptations and mine will never be the same, because God knows my weaknessess and my strengths personally.
What this does is make me even MORE responsible when I fail, because I can always go back to this verse and understand that I COULD HAVE overcome...BUT it gives me hope and power in the understanding that while in the middle of any circumstance in my life..I just need to "keep on pushing"...because the situation is NOT beyond my power (through God) to overcome.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
Buzz05
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I'd have to disagree with you guys. God does allow us to be tested. When we proclaim our faith in him, he will test us. The bible even tells us (Preacher you may have to help on this one) that we will be tested in the fire that the impurities will removed from you.

One example of being tested. Job. In the Old Testament, Job was a man of God. Satan then talked to God and said that Job wouldn't have his faith if he took everything away. God allowed Satan to take away his house, family, livestock. Eventually God allowed Satan to take Job's health - but Job remained faithful. By the end of it all God had doubled everything that Job originally had. He ended with a bigger house, more livestock, a new family.

It just shows that if you are faithful to God, then God will be faithful to you. Just be strong and when you want to "Lay your hands" on the recruit, just pray - and let God take care of him.
Dont forget when God tested Abraham's faith. He was going to sacrifice his son Isaac (His only son) in Gods name. But God stopped him just before. I think this is the instance where God told Abraham that his decendents will be as numerous as the stars in the sky.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #8
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz05 View Post
Dont forget when God tested Abraham's faith. He was going to sacrifice his son Isaac (His only son) in Gods name. But God stopped him just before. I think this is the instance where God told Abraham that his decendents will be as numerous as the stars in the sky.
Yes, can't forget that one either.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:46 AM   #9
Stainless Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4986

Yes, God does test us. It is a refining process so we will be more like Him. We will grow either bitter or better through it, depending on how we react to the test. God will help us, if we turn to Him in our troubles.

Stainless Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #10
Buzz05
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless Steel View Post
Yes, God does test us. It is a refining process so we will be more like Him. We will grow either bitter or better through it, depending on how we react to the test. God will help us, if we turn to Him in our troubles.
To be honest with ya..its a little hard not to be bitter sometimes. When you take a step back and look at all the trials and tribulations you go through and look at those of say Paris Hilton who it seems has no struggles its a little hard not to be bitter. But I see what you are saying.