Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > Fantasy Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
ExtonSteelFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1867
Default My Yahoo Fantasy Team

Here's what I drafed this year. I finished 10-6 my first time ever playing fantasy football last year (2nd overall) with a team that I constantly had to re-work nearly every week. I picked up some good players, but I'm a bit concerned with my RB situation. Since I'm getting a bit better with drafting players, I think next year I may do a live draft instead of making a list and having the computer auto-pick.

Starting:

QB: Peyton Manning

WR: Terrell Owens
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Plaxico Burress

RB: Marshawn Lynch
RB: Brandon Jacobs

TE: Todd Heap

K: David Akers

DEF: Baltimore

Backup:

TE: Heath Miller (should be a nice back-up that I might even start over Todd Heap)
RB: Julius Jones
QB: Big Ben
WR: Mushin Muhammad
WR: Drew Bennett
DEF: San Fran

I think I'll win a good amount of games with this lineup, but I was really hoping to get at least one proven RB in this list. Brandon Jacobs had a good amount of TD's last year but now that he'll be carrying most of the load, I wonder how he will hold up.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: My Yahoo Fantasy Team

I'd say you hit the jackpot with the QB selection - have a very nice selection of WR's but your weakness is an area that typically bring alot of points - the RB's (as you already noted).

I haven't heard anything definitive about Jacobs role and expected contribution next year - he was effective at running it in against teams that had been gashed by Tiki.

Lynch could be a nice RB, but he plays in a division that is typically strong against the run (Miami and New England especially) and I don't think his O-line is going to be great.

You have some nice back-ups - Drew Bennett could be huge with Bulger throwing to him in the NFC, Julius Jones is a wild card if he returns to fitness but the 49ers will still be a bad defense this year.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
ExtonSteelFan
Bench Warmer

Thanks for the insight LITP. I think I'm going to wait until training camps start getting underway before I make any decisions. If Jacobs emerges as the starter, he may do okay for me. Out of the list of available players left in my league, I noticed Sammy Morris was available. Is there any word out of the Patriots as to how he's been doing and what the overall opinion is of him?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

He's definitely going to play second fiddle to Maroney... I'm not entirely sure how much of the load he'll be given, but I can't imagine it would be anything substantial enough to take up a bench spot with unless it is a VERY deep league...
Old 06-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Depending on your scoring system, Baltimore's "D" may score you more points than some of your studs. Strong team, but the RB position is weak like you already stated. I think you'll definately make the playoffs with that team. Unless, Jacobs and Lynch are not the primary runners.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Good team ...but Jacobs is a concern. I think he is an excellent plug-in but may not be the 1st tier back you want to start every week...especially with Droughns now baing on their roster and the similarities in the two backs.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
ExtonSteelFan
Bench Warmer

Yea, I think my D is going to score some points for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about Jacobs. If the Giants can succesfully use him in goal line situations to try and pound it in, then I think I'll do okay with him.

On a side note, I just picked up Mike Bell and released Mushin Muhammed (since I'm pretty much set on WR's). I'll see if I can get some sort of a trade going for a better back (I might take a stab for B. Westbrook).
Old 06-20-2007, 04:16 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtonSteelFan View Post
Thanks for the insight LITP. I think I'm going to wait until training camps start getting underway before I make any decisions. If Jacobs emerges as the starter, he may do okay for me. Out of the list of available players left in my league, I noticed Sammy Morris was available. Is there any word out of the Patriots as to how he's been doing and what the overall opinion is of him?
Morris has impressed so far.

His card has been marked by many Patriots fans as a genuine #2 who will play to give Maroney a break - I don't suppose he will see much of the field as a 3rd down back with Kevin Faulk still on the projected roster.

I think the Patriots are going to be quite pass heavy this year - I expect Maroney to have a nice ypc avg but for there to only be scraps left over for Morris.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtonSteelFan View Post
Yea, I think my D is going to score some points for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about Jacobs. If the Giants can succesfully use him in goal line situations to try and pound it in, then I think I'll do okay with him.

On a side note, I just picked up Mike Bell and released Mushin Muhammed (since I'm pretty much set on WR's). I'll see if I can get some sort of a trade going for a better back (I might take a stab for B. Westbrook).
Westbrook would a real coup - I wonder how much you would have to trade to get him?

I think Steven Jackson could be the No.1 fantasy back this year.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #10
ExtonSteelFan
Bench Warmer

I wanted Steven Jackson from the beginning. I even had him pretty high up on my list, but I'm sure everyone else did as well!

I think the Westbrook trade would be the most feasible deal I could make (without giving up TOO much). What do you think would be a good trade (based on my team) that would possibly work in my favor?