Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > Fantasy Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 07-02-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default First Draft of The Year

i jus finished my first fantasy draft of the year on yahoo. i usually do a couple early so prep me for when espn drafts starts and especially for the league my family does.
let me know how yall think i did

QB Philip Rivers
RB Larry Johnson
RB Marshawn Lynch
R/W Cadillac Williams
WR Lee Evans
WR Laveranues Coles
TE Ben Watson
K Jeff Reed
D/ST Minnesota

BN
DeAngelo Williams
Santonio Holmes
Dominic Rhodes
Vincent Jackson
Mike Bell
Chad Pennington
Dwayne Bowe
Marcus Pollard
Old 07-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: First Draft of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
i jus finished my first fantasy draft of the year on yahoo. i usually do a couple early so prep me for when espn drafts starts and especially for the league my family does.
let me know how yall think i did

QB Philip Rivers
RB Larry Johnson
RB Marshawn Lynch
R/W Cadillac Williams
WR Lee Evans
WR Laveranues Coles
TE Ben Watson
K Jeff Reed
D/ST Minnesota

BN
DeAngelo Williams
Santonio Holmes
Dominic Rhodes
Vincent Jackson
Mike Bell
Chad Pennington
Dwayne Bowe
Marcus Pollard
Rivers is a shaky starter at QB - especially with the HC upheavel in San Diego.

Larry Johnson should be solid, but running 400 times in a seaosn is bound to hurt you sooner or later - as many fantasy 'guru's' will warn you - LJ is probably going to be expected to do the same this year under Herm and with a rook QB.

Lynch plays in division that plays the run reasonably well and im not sold on Buffalo's QB of the future.

Cadillac had a pretty big drop off last year, but the Bucs were poor on offense and had problems throwing the rock.

If he can stay fit he may be a better starter than Lynch.

Evans had a real breakout year in Buffalo and became the No.1 target for Losman - its probable he will have another good year (you should be aware that you are starting two Buffalo players on your offense - not a particularly good thing)

Coles is a nice pick up - him and Cotchery are pretty lively - if Pennington can stay fit this looks solid.

Im not sure Watson is such a great pick at TE - with all the extra weapons Brady potentially hs this year it could either open things right up for him (he was double teamed alot of last year) or he just might not see much of the ball.

Should be a decent red zone threat though.

Minnesota stuff the run but are weak against the pass - whether that changes now that Tomlin has left is anyones guess.

Santonio Holmes is a nice back-up to have - he may well outperform Coles and Evans this year - but again we dont really know where the Steelers offense is going this year (smash mouth or spread out).

Don't expect much from Dom Rhodes.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

i picked up lynch because he is the guy i think will win the rookie of the year without a doubt. Adrian Peterson will end the year as a starter but wont get as many yards as Lynch thats why i took lynch over peterson but. i got rivers because he only had 9 interceptions in his first full year as a QB and i won a championship with rex grossman has my quarterback so this is a upgrade from last year i dont really expect much from rhodes he is really there for depth and lamont jordan was already gone.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I dont know about Rivers being a question livinginthepast... I think that he is a solid pick. He reminds me so much of Big Ben in a way. This young man is gonna be the real deal. Larry Johnson is a very solid pick in my opinion as well, he will have as good a year as last year and that was pretty darn good. I just believe that I would do my best to get Ladanian Tomlinson if any way possible. Coles I think will rebound this upcoming season nicely. Chad Pennington is a nice backup I think as well. He could end up having a nice year with the Jets. I just think that you could have done better on your defense and special teams though. This is fun though.. isnt it.. everyone has their own opinions and that is what the world is all about...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

well wedo i would of done better on defense if some of those people showed up. one guy finished with 4 defenses
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #6
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

and i got the second pick i pitched a few deals to him for LT but he was set on LT
Old 07-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
I dont know about Rivers being a question livinginthepast... I think that he is a solid pick. He reminds me so much of Big Ben in a way. This young man is gonna be the real deal. Larry Johnson is a very solid pick in my opinion as well, he will have as good a year as last year and that was pretty darn good. I just believe that I would do my best to get Ladanian Tomlinson if any way possible. Coles I think will rebound this upcoming season nicely. Chad Pennington is a nice backup I think as well. He could end up having a nice year with the Jets. I just think that you could have done better on your defense and special teams though. This is fun though.. isnt it.. everyone has their own opinions and that is what the world is all about...
Rivers has the protection of a great running game in San diego - the best Rb in the NFL and the best back-up too.

Their O-line is very good at opening holes for the run.

I agree that Rivers will be the real deal - plenty on here didn't like him when he was drafted (side arm throwing, low release etc) but I liked what limited stuff I saw (youtube etc).

Its just that, in terms of fantasy football, where yards and TD's are key - I think he loses too many of both to LT and Turner - plus his WR corps is weak.

So, yeah, he's going to be a fine player - I just don't think he will b a very good FF option.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

yea i agree with

i still feel he is a better option than rex grossman

i hope his receiving corp isnt that weak cause i have vincent jackson on my bench
Old 07-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,957 Times in 3,407 Posts

vincent jackson could very well be your sleeper wr and some valuable trade bait for maybe a better defense down the road. keep an eye on LJ's contract situation.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #10
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

im def looking for dealing one of my rb or wr for a better defense