Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default A Week's Worth of Rep

To the first person to figure out the "magic" behind this quiz....I've taken this quiz about 10 times and it always comes up with the number I chose!

http://www.quizyourprofile.com/guessyournumber.php
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Week's Worth of Rep

P.S. It has nothing to do with something "hearing" your number when you say it out loud. I did it several times saying the number in my head and it STILL guessed it correctly!
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,472
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 171
Thanked 922 Times in 355 Posts
Default Re: A Week's Worth of Rep

I think I figured it out. The game starts out with 25 possible numbers (1-25). However, the numbers are divided into 5 color groups, with 5 numbers in each group. Where the game "guesses" your number is when you choose the house that contains your number. Each of the 5 houses only contains one number from each color group, so by telling the program which color group your number belongs to, and further which house it is in, it then has all the info it needs to "guess" your number.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,214
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,882
Thanked 8,056 Times in 3,445 Posts
Default Re: A Week's Worth of Rep

i think i already know the answer cause i figured this one out:

http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/games...er-central.swf

(i guarantee you will wanna kill this magic gopher ) i too will give rep for a week to anyone who solves either of these.

****ing ****y gopher!
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,214
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,882
Thanked 8,056 Times in 3,445 Posts
Default Re: A Week's Worth of Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I think I figured it out. The game starts out with 25 possible numbers (1-25). However, the numbers are divided into 5 color groups, with 5 numbers in each group. Where the game "guesses" your number is when you choose the house that contains your number. Each of the 5 houses only contains one number from each color group, so by telling the program which color group your number belongs to, and further which house it is in, it then has all the info it needs to "guess" your number.
i dont think thats it. the color of number you chose is independent of the 2nd color square you chose. both are independent of chosing not only a ball, but the door also.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,472
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 171
Thanked 922 Times in 355 Posts
Default Re: A Week's Worth of Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i dont think thats it. the color of number you chose is independent of the 2nd color square you chose. both are independent of chosing not only a ball, but the door also.
I have a feeling the program disregards both the second color selection (which I found completely irrelevant in playing the game) and the crystal ball choice, and I also think it puts your number behind all three doors. The second color selection and crystal ball choice screens are simply breaks in the program (much like being required to press the enter key, spacebar or any other key to continue) to add more to the "magic" of the program itself. Trust me, the only info that program uses is the selection of the number's color and the house the number is contained in.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:02 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,214
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,882
Thanked 8,056 Times in 3,445 Posts
Default Re: A Week's Worth of Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I have a feeling the program disregards both the second color selection (which I found completely irrelevant in playing the game) and the crystal ball choice, and I also think it puts your number behind all three doors. The second color selection and crystal ball choice screens are simply breaks in the program (much like being required to press the enter key, spacebar or any other key to continue) to add more to the "magic" of the program itself. Trust me, the only info that program uses is the selection of the number's color and the house the number is contained in.
yep. i think youre right. i picked a pink number (1, 6, 14, 21, 22). you will never find 2 of these numbers in the same "house".

i was making it too complicated and it is as simple of the reduction of 2 sets of numbers.

the gopher isnt the same. it took me about 20 minutes to figure that bastard out! lets see what you got.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,472
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 171
Thanked 922 Times in 355 Posts
Default Re: A Week's Worth of Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
yep. i think youre right. i picked a pink number (1, 6, 14, 21, 22). you will never find 2 of these numbers in the same "house".

i was making it too complicated and it is as simple of the reduction of 2 sets of numbers.

the gopher isnt the same. it took me about 20 minutes to figure that bastard out! lets see what you got.
I just looked at the gopher. You're right, when you don't have to give details about your selected number directly to the program it makes it much harder to figure out how it's "guessing" what number you have. This is gonna take me a little longer than the first one.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,472
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 171
Thanked 922 Times in 355 Posts
Default Re: A Week's Worth of Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
yep. i think youre right. i picked a pink number (1, 6, 14, 21, 22). you will never find 2 of these numbers in the same "house".

i was making it too complicated and it is as simple of the reduction of 2 sets of numbers.

the gopher isnt the same. it took me about 20 minutes to figure that bastard out! lets see what you got.
I figured it out. The subtraction of the sum of the two numbers that make up any two digit number is ALWAYS divisible by 9. Example: 99 - 9+9=18, 99-18=81, 81/9=9. Therefore, the game puts the same symbol on each number in the list that's equally divisible by 9.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Week's Worth of Rep

Well, they are all multiples of 9.

I guess taking away the added result of two numbers from the original number always equals a multiple of 9.
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts