Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

View Poll Results: Should Willie remain the starter rb?
Yes 31 83.78%
No 1 2.70%
Maybe 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2005, 11:21 AM   #21
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367
Default Re: Should Willie remain the starter?

I think he played awesome, but, the Titans defenese looked HORRIBLE, they looked the Nashville Predators, they were not tackling, they were checking! I saw no wraps, all shoulders trying to knock people over.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #22
pitt
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 474

Willie should start the game, then when he has the defense tired out, send in the big backs to stomp them into defend.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #23
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
I think he played awesome, but, the Titans defenese looked HORRIBLE, they looked the Nashville Predators, they were not tackling, they were checking! I saw no wraps, all shoulders trying to knock people over.
Reading all the previous posts I read nothing about how bad the defense was. I selected maybe beacuse yes he looked good but the defense was down right miserable. I dont think Tennesse could have tackled me without pads with no offensive line in front of me. Granite I think he should get a couple more starts to prove it wasnt the defense. If he can play against a high quality defense and not the bad news Bears then I think he deserves the shot. Great game though!!

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #24
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

who cares how their defense played, a lot of the times the worst teams are the scariest teams because the good teams relax and think it's going to be a cake walk, i'm glad willie came out and focused and not took it easy cause they ain't the best. willie is going to have the same kind of game against the texans next week and then against whoever we play the next. willie should be the starter unless he proves he ain't ready to carry the load each and every week.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:18 PM   #25
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Willie P. deserves to start. We all saw the potential in him last year, we saw how he ripped the Giants last year, and the Titan game proved he is not a flook. Let him be the primary, Staley and Haynes 3rd down backs, and roll out The Bus in goal line situations (As Needed). When Duce and Jerome are healthy at the end of the year, and take less of a pounding early on, that will give us an awsome rotation for the backfield.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #26
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

1-2-3 punch

What a nightmare for teams to plan for the Steelers running game. If a team finds a way to shutdown Big Ben, Bill will flip the switch to jam the ball down their throat.

I don't think it matters much who starts, as long as there is a threat for any of the top 3 running backs. I think it would be great to have Parker start more often, then have the Bus, plus Duce to show up to scare him on odd plays.

The idea of having Duce as the third down running back... I like it, yet Duce isn't. Man, I'm too hard on Duce.

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #27
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt
Willie should start the game, then when he has the defense tired out, send in the big backs to stomp them into defend.
I agree... Use Willie until the third or fourth quarter to get a lead... then use Duce and Bettis to seal the game and minimize the hits that Parker has to take throughout the season.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:28 PM   #28
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel - X
Reading all the previous posts I read nothing about how bad the defense was. I selected maybe beacuse yes he looked good but the defense was down right miserable. I dont think Tennesse could have tackled me without pads with no offensive line in front of me. Granite I think he should get a couple more starts to prove it wasnt the defense. If he can play against a high quality defense and not the bad news Bears then I think he deserves the shot. Great game though!!
I agree that the Titans defense does suck. But arent good teams suppose to expoit weaknesses of other teams and take advantage of them? If Willie and co. didnt play well, they everybody would have thought that the Titans had a descent defense. Regardless of how good or bad thier defense was. Willie kicked thier asses. He broke tackles, stiff armed db`s, and out ran everyone on the field. If those same tackles were broken by Staley or Bettis, they wouldnt have out ran the defenders like Willie did. Willie Parker hits the holes like he was shot out of a slingshot. One thing I noticed when we played the Redskins in preseason, was how fast and hard Clinton Portis hits the holes. The Bus had holes to hit but by the time he got to them, they were closing in. Imagine Willie with his speed hitting the same holes that Bettis and Staley get, linebackers would definitley have to change thier angles, if they were to take the same angle on Willie that they would on Staley, Parker would be 5 yards past the already. The Bus doesnt want to start anyway, he only want short yardage and goal line. Staley has never really taken over the spot since he has been here. He was given the spot, he didnt earn it. Even after injuries last year, everyone wanted Bettis to continue to start, not Staley. Should Staley sit, not all the time, but Willie needs to be on the field more, alot more, more than any other back we have.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:13 PM   #29
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

All the hype about norm chow and his quick strike, short drop, exploit your weakness offense..and we did ended exploiting the titans weakness, which is basically their entire defense!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:43 PM   #30
STEELERDYNASTY
Water Boy

Member Number: 211

Talk about a no-brainer?!