Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #21
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Say it ain't so, Bill ... How dare Cowher talk to Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post
hey she lived in pittsburgh.. what's the big difference exactly? the weather?
A lot more gray clouds are over Cleveland while the Browns are stinking up the place.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #22
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer View Post
Very good point- I never considered San Diego. Cowher after all is a Marty padawan, I could see him following in his footsteps.
the reason i don't see him going to san diego is EXACTLY because what they did to marty... dude was shafted, even though he had a winning season... that's b.s. in any head coaches mind.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #23
j-dawg
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
A lot more gray clouds are over Cleveland while the Browns are stinking up the place.
kinda like right now in pittsburgh with the pirates?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #24
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
the reason i don't see him going to san diego is EXACTLY because what they did to marty... dude was shafted, even though he had a winning season... that's b.s. in any head coaches mind.
I also think it's B.S. Marty Got fired. When you go 14-2 and have had back to back playoff years that's a sign that things are starting to go right.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #25
j-dawg
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I also think it's B.S. Marty Got fired. When you go 14-2 and have had back to back playoff years that's a sign that things are starting to go right.
right on man... i had this discussion before... it's a tough call to many, myself included... the "martyball" label. for instance, had he not run on the field (in the wild card game against the jets two seasons ago) and gotten a penalty... leading to a jets score... they might not of had to rely on their rookie kicker to win that game. OR had he not decided to go for it on 4th and something against the patriots and just kick the field goal last season the game might have resulted differently. personally, i say you keep him, the guy can win and hindsight is always 20/20 in these circumstances.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #26
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
right on man... i had this discussion before... it's a tough call to many, myself included... the "martyball" label. for instance, had he not run on the field (in the wild card game against the jets two seasons ago) and gotten a penalty... leading to a jets score... they might not of had to rely on their rookie kicker to win that game. OR had he not decided to go for it on 4th and something against the patriots and just kick the field goal last season the game might have resulted differently. personally, i say you keep him, the guy can win and hindsight is always 20/20 in these circumstances.
Exactly, Marty just made one costly mistake that kept the Chargers from going on to the next round.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #27
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
The hell is he talking about? I'm not scared of Cowher going to Cleveland. Let him be a loser. It'll make beating Cleveland much more fun again.

The problem is the fact that Cowher wasted the Steelers '06 season as a lame duck, kept the team distracted with his continuous dodging of his retirement when we all knew he was retiring. Mr. Cook never ceases to amaze me.
Sorry, Ed, I must take exception to your statement above. I don't think the team, who was around him on a fairly regular basis, was all that surprised when he announced his "resignation" with the Steelers. As I've stated in many a thread, I don't believe for one minute that Cowher "sold us down the river" or "kept the team distracted" last season. We had enough players last year who didn't step up and do their jobs, some because of medical reasons, some because of their inflated heads coming off of a Super Bowl season and a few who were just too lazy to perform up to their capabilities.

If Cowher goes to Cleveland - - or any team for that matter, more power to him. During his 15 year tenure with the Steelers, he was one of the most successful active coaches and he's earned the right to ask for the big moola if someone is willing to give it to him. I don't see him going to Cleveland, but I do see him going to Carolina if John Fox doesn't do something with the Panthers this season - they have the talent to be the king of the NFC, imho. I can't fathom him even entertaining going to the Skins - he and Snot Nose Snyder would butt heads like two bulls in the same stall. Wherever he does go - whether it is next season or the following - I wish him the best of luck and will always appreciate and be greateful for the great seasons he gave the Steelers (and us as fans) as a HC..

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #28
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
hey she lived in pittsburgh.. what's the big difference exactly? the weather?
She moved out of Pittsburgh into a big fancy mansion in NC and left alone him in Pittsburgh for a year. The lady wants to live in NC.........not Pittsburgh and certainly not Cleveland.. He would most likely pick up something worse than an accent in Stainsville.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,080 Times in 4,583 Posts

bill to cleveland? beatrix kiddo is going to be pissed:

Old 06-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #30
j-dawg
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
She moved out of Pittsburgh into a big fancy mansion in NC and left alone him in Pittsburgh for a year. The lady wants to live in NC.........not Pittsburgh and certainly not Cleveland.. He would most likely pick up something worse than an accent in Stainsville.

being from cleveland, and getting a lot of voice over work out here in los angeles, i take offense to this comment. just so you know, coming from cities such as detroit, chicago, buffalo, and cleveland gives you an excellent advantage in broadcasting because it's considered the standard.

also, if she moved away from pittsburgh why is the question being asked if she'll move to cleveland?

the fact of the matter is, as much as you'd like to say otherwise, cleveland isn't much different from pittsburgh... eeeeek!!! yeah i said it... both towns were built on the backs of hardworking folks.

deal with it.