Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-09-2005, 05:01 AM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Patriots Get It Done

I have to say I am pretty relieved to have week1 out of the way and the 1st win in the bag.

Positives

1. Brady had an awesome game - looked in mid-season form as he picked off a weak raider secondary - I think having no pass rush to face also might have helped ha ha!

2. Patriots D stiffened after giving up a few big plays in the 1st half - Jordans catch and run on the first series and Moss's reception for the 70 Yd TD.

3. Pats still have the happy knack of making the big play at the crucial time - Wilfork interception was huge.

4. The Pats going to a 4-3 to give themselves a pass rush to stop Collins lobbing the ball up for Moss.

Negatives

1. Dillon looked a little slow out of the blocks early in the game on the ground - possibly due to the fact that Oakland were ganging up on him.

2. Special teams seemed distinctly average - missed tackles and a blocked punt will cost us dear against the better teams.

Overall, we done just enough to finish off a dangerous but ultimately one dimensional Raider team.

Lamont Jordan is giving some credence to the opinions held outside of oakland that he has proved nothing as a starting RB - run out of steam in the 2nd half and was cramping up on a regular basis.

Here's to an improved performance in week2

Cheers

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:34 AM   #2
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66
Default Same old Pats

Given the Raiders penalties and the Patriots lack of running the ball the Pats still looked like their old selves. Brady was solid and the D was good enough. Still the best in the AFC? Or prime to get punched in the gut?
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 07:02 AM   #3
Black-n-Gold
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 602
Default Re: Patriots Get It Done

They didn't look bad, except for the special teams like you mentioned. They consistantly had penelties and gave up some good yards. They just need to improve on the tackling, other then that it was a good game.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:55 AM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

From what I saw they looked good.However,get a pass rush on Brady and he won't pick apart a defense like that.They really benefited that Oakland really lacks on the defensive side of the football.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #5
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

NM,

Nice to get that first W out of the way! I am so glad we don't have to face Moss in the regular season again this year. Now he's the Bills, Jets & Fins problem. Plenty to work out of our game and get right, but even in the sloppyness we won.

Good Times.

DW

Lamont Jordan on the Patriots:

"Those players are still the same, and I got news for the rest of the league. That team hasn't changed. I've been seeing that team for the past four years and if they think that because, if the league thinks that if because that team has lost two coordinators that that team is different, that team ain't no different."
Old 09-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I would expect Lamont Jordan to say theses things. Thats what you do when a team beats you. You are suppose to show some class and praise the winning team. The Pats dont scare me just because of what Jordan says. But I will say this" Even though the Raiders dont have a great pass rush, Brady is as poised at a qb ever has been." He doesnt panic. He is good.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:01 AM   #7
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Well, I didn't see the same old team out there.

On the plus side: Brady has a new weapon in TE Ben Watson. It's always good to see Troy Brown out there. Despite giving up too much run yardage, I thought the defensive line still looked pretty good.

Negatives: I just can't get myself to air the negatives in public. But if I see them again, especially one of them, I'll bring it up. One thing I will say, which isn't a knock on anyone else. Bruschi left a huge hole. Particularly when it comes to drive stopping plays.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:01 AM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I would expect Lamont Jordan to say theses things. Thats what you do when a team beats you. You are suppose to show some class and praise the winning team. The Pats dont scare me just because of what Jordan says. But I will say this" Even though the Raiders dont have a great pass rush, Brady is as poised at a qb ever has been." He doesnt panic. He is good.
He's also got some of the quietest feet in the pocket you'll see. He's very poised, and smooth movements..no dancing or happy feet.

But yeah, I dont Jordan to tell me the pats are good, I already know it, everybody knows it..but they arent invinceable.

Quote:
Bruschi left a huge hole. Particularly when it comes to drive stopping plays
That, the leadership role as well..when you are playing LB, ur basically the QB of the defense, everybody watches you in the huddle so if they are going to keep this moving along in a positive direction, its going to take time and multiple people stepping up each filling alittle bit of the void that bruschi left.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:20 AM   #9
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

Ya the pats won the game but both teams looked very beatable, the pats looked very soft in space and harrsion looked warn out tyring to do everyhting on the field making up for ted and ted being gone.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:40 AM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
Ya the pats won the game but both teams looked very beatable, the pats looked very soft in space and harrsion looked warn out tyring to do everyhting on the field making up for ted and ted being gone.
1st game of the season my good man - not many teams look 'unbeatable' at this stage.

Even if you trash the Titans by 30 points - I dont think we will be christening the Steelers 'unbeatable' either.

We have alot of work to do, and improvements to make - the Pats you see in week1 will bear little or no resemblence to the Pats you may play in the post-season...if your lucky ha ha!

Cheers

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote