Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #31
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,195 Times in 3,490 Posts
Default Re: CHRIS BENOIT DEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
very good points tony. but you know for some reason it seems that athletes tend to snap more than others. or maybe she did it, and not him. maybe he was cheating on her and she found out. but as you said its all speculation.
atheletes are more prone to suffer from "roid rage" other than non atheletes that dont do roids. i though about the possibility of her doing it like phil hartmans wife but in cases like these it is more often the man who is willing to take the life of his child as opposed to the mother. scott peterson and the recent cop in ohio come to mind.

as a wrestler i always looked at benoit as one of the genuine, non actor "good guys". sometimes appearance doesnt matter though.

i tell you what, if it were hulk hogan, i wouldnt know what to think.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:56 AM   #32
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

I consider this no worse... or no less sad... then when any other family has a multiple homicide/possible suicide.

It is sad.

But the fact he was a wrestler... I could care less.

Like Ben.. when he had his accident.. I was worried, not for my QB, for a human being.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:43 AM   #33
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I pay my respect to the Benoit Family for their loss. However, the one thing that I have a huge problem with is this:

Every day American Soldiers are dying for freedom's sake. And yet barely anyone has lifted a finger to type a thread about that. Men and Women, some barely old enough to drink scotch or not old enough at all, are putting their lives on the line for US!!

So may God Bless the Benoit Family but I pray for extra blessings upon the families of our soldiers - for it is they who truly sacrifice!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #34
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and son. He can burn in hell for all I care. I'm sure the combination of steroids and cocaine which half of these idiots are on in the first place fueled this situation.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 PM   #35
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Chris Benoit killed them.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...625benoit.html

This is so sicking. To take the lives of others that are weaker than you is inexcusable.

And I don't buy the excuse of roid rage here.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #36
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I pay my respect to the Benoit Family for their loss. However, the one thing that I have a huge problem with is this:

Every day American Soldiers are dying for freedom's sake. And yet barely anyone has lifted a finger to type a thread about that. Men and Women, some barely old enough to drink scotch or not old enough at all, are putting their lives on the line for US!!

So may God Bless the Benoit Family but I pray for extra blessings upon the families of our soldiers - for it is they who truly sacrifice!!!
Real heroes.

Not heroes with scripts...

Anyway it is looking like this is true. Looks like the Crippler finally snapped.

EDIT:

Quote:
The couple and their 7-year-old son were found dead Monday in their home on Green Meadow Lane just east of Peachtree City. Nancy Benoit and her son, Daniel, were killed during the weekend and Benoit died Monday, police said.
That sums up how sick he is right there. He was living in the house for at least a day with his dead family. Glad to be rid of such a sick... I'll censor myself.

Au Revoir, Benoit. You can do all the flying headbutts you want in hell.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #37
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Who knows what pain killers he was taking also.....As a wrestler with the physical abuse they put their bodies through with jumping off steel cages and other things like that they put their bodies through alot....If he was taking oxy cotton that stuff can make you act crazy....I know from personal experience from taking oxy cotton what it can do....Combine that with the roids and no wonder why Chris wasn't himself......Just terrible and sad........
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #38
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,195 Times in 3,490 Posts

pretty sick. i cant imagine what he did in that house for a full day after he killed them. probably tried to think of a way to "O.J." his way out of it. unlike orenthal he atleast had the decency to put a noose around his neck.

of course this sucks for the family and friend, but i feel for the poor kids who looked up to this guy. say what you want about wrestling, but when i was a kid it was all about the steelers and oj simpson who i looked up to. you just dont expect your "heros" to flip.

while the firefighters, cops, teachers, doctors, and soldiers are the true heros, americans have always been enamoured with a murder mystery. this story will get a few days of pub and then be forgotten. look how quick the buzz of the va tech shooter disappeared.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #39
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Roids does the body harm. Maybe his wife complained about his shrinkage and he blew a gasket. All they do is roid up in the fake wrestling world. Anyone who does drugs I feel nothing for, they get what they deserve, but I do feel bad for the wife and kid. Prayers to them two.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #40
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Expect some demons to do some Crippler Crossfaces on Mr. Benoit in Hell. I feel bad for his wife and son. RIP.

I got sick of wrestling the moment WWF became the WWE. It just became a gimmick and a joke. Gone are the glory days the 80's and 90's.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote