Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:54 AM   #91
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: You can't smoke there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz05 View Post
I do believe there is one around Pittsburgh, my friend from Cranberry loves the place and talks about it all the time. But who knows. Im not a fan of their food, its like a gourmet burger place.
There is a Red Robin in Washington County right before the I-70 interchange.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #92
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,430 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
There is a Red Robin in Washington County right before the I-70 interchange.
I think Red Robin is more of a West/Pacific Northwest kinda thing - we have a slew of them out here.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #93
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I think Red Robin is more of a West/Pacific Northwest kinda thing - we have a slew of them out here.
I never saw any of those in Denver or Colorado Springs when I was out there 2 summers ago.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #94
verks36
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 5088

Quote:
A restaurant that I patronized quite regularly before they went smoke free has lost a TON of business since they decided to stay smoke free after the ban in the Burgh got beat down by the courts. On a Saturday night when I used to have to wait in line for at least 30 minutes to get a seat - now I can walk right in and sit wherever I like. Just did it this past Saturday night. For those who know the area, I am referring to the Old Town Buffet in Southland. Pittsburgh is a blue-collar once very prominent mill town and a lot of the retired steelworkers smoke. The best way for us smokers to protest this ban is not by pulling silly stunts (I was joking by the way - jail and I would not mix well) but by voicing our disapproval at the voting booths when these hypocrites are up for re-election.

Quit being so damned judgmental Chrono. Everyone has vices - smoking is mine and all PA non-smokers benefit from the money I give the state.

For those youngsters who just say no to smoking - I commend you. It was pretty easy when I was your age to buy a pack of smokes - no one checked ID or really cared. I wish I had never started, but the fact remains I did and I can admit that I am addicted to the nicotine. Stay strong and keep on saying NO
!
That is good for you that you can even admit to yourself that you are addicted to ciggerettes. Like it muist be hard to admit that to yourself.
Have you ever tried quitting ?
What does it feel like to be addicted to cigarettes?
what happenes if you dont have one for a while?
When did you start smoking?

xbox live gamertag= NtL doubledooky
I dedicate the 36 at the end of my name to thee Jerome bettis

"Working hard beats talent that doesn't work hard."- Kevin Durrant

IF YOU ARE NOT A STEELERS FAN CLICK HERE
---------------------------------------------------->>>>http://vpoet.net/flash/youare.swf

--------------DA Offical Steelers Soulja Boy Dance----------------------
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F-9s3vWOXk
verks36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #95
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by verks36 View Post
That is good for you that you can even admit to yourself that you are addicted to ciggerettes. Like it muist be hard to admit that to yourself.
Have you ever tried quitting ?
What does it feel like to be addicted to cigarettes?
what happenes if you dont have one for a while?
When did you start smoking?
No - it isn't hard for me to admit it to myself, verks - it's just a fact and I'm not embarrassed about it at all. I wish I had never started, but I did. Everyone has bad habits - smoking happens to be mine.

I've actually quit at least 6 times that I can remember. I'm pretty much a stress smoker. When I've had stressful times in my life, I reach for the cigs. Nicotine stimulates adrenalin and as we all know, a rush of adrenalin makes us feel good. Not a "high" like alcohol or pot, but more of a "peaceful" feeling. Nicotine is also very addictive, as I found out in my late teens when I became a pretty regular smoker while attending college. Nicotine withdrawal produces a myriad of symptoms - everyone's symptoms are different, but when I've quit before, I went through the shakes, terrible headaches and irritability.

I had my first ciggy when I was 13 - I did it because it was the "in" thing to do back in the 70's and all of my friends smoked because we all felt it was "cool". If I had known then what I know now, I never would have smoked the first one. I'm hooked on them and I'll probably quit a few more times and start up again until one day, I use every ounce of willpower inside of me to kick the habit/addiction for good. At this point in my life, I'm just not ready.

Keep saying NO, verks - I'm really happy that you and the other youngsters here have much greater resolve and willpower than I had at your age.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #96
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
I don't think a one of us smokers has said that smoking is good for us or for anyone else. We are simply stating our opinions.

There is also nothing good about alcohol....

- money
- Liver disease, including cancer
- Cardiomyopathy
- Gout
- Heartburn
- Hepatoma
- Hypertension
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatitis
- Peptic Ulcer
- Pneumonia
- Scurvy
- Stomach cancer
- Subdural hematoma
- Transient Ischemic Attack (mini-stroke for those who aren't familiar with that medical term)
- Tuberculosis

---- Innocent deaths of thousands upon thousands of unsuspecting, innocent victims of drunk driviers every single year.
Ahhh...but in MODERATION... alcohol raises the HDL levels and helps stop clots in the arteries.

(Funny me saying this, I am a tee-totaler... but enjoy a good pipe or cigar, though I have not smoked one in quite sometime as I am in California and would be branded as an evil pastor for having one).
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #97
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

http://www.reuters.com/article/healt...0070702?rpc=92
Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 PM   #98
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
That is pretty startling.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 AM   #99
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

In response to the article. Wow....

This is going to sound harsh... and I apologize up front.
__________________________________________________ ______

Why in the WORLD is the WHO funding and running an anti-smoking campaign? It is the dumbest thing I have heard... I have the same thoughts about that as I do about AIDS...

Diseases and deaths which come PRIMARILY because of personal decisions.....

SHould be put LAST on any funding by any government for research or prevention.

Caveat.... Money SHOULD be spent for education, but once the education is done, it is the RESPONSIBILITY of the person to make the choice.

How many more people die from breast cancer, heart attacks (even "healthy People"), Cancers which are NOT linked to personal choice, and diseases like typhoid and others that are stoppable... because money is being funneled away for stupid anti smoking campaigns... or to find cures for politically correct diseases.

If I had two people laying at my feet dying... and only one of them could be saved, I would take care of the one that ended up there through no decision making process of thier own.

Sure, it is very sad about the other... but it is MORE sad about those who are dying from CURABLE diseases because too much money is being spent on cures for diseases and things like cigarettes because it is the politically correct thing to do, even though they are PRIMARILY choice based diseases.

And no, they don't CHOOSE to get a disease... but they DO CHOOSE to expose themselves to diseases by their actions.

I would rather take care of the ones that get diseases NOT through a personal decision first...
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #100
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

We already have this passed in Ohio.