Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 06-26-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089
Default Post-Super Bowl XL SI Back Cover Ad

To the mods: I apologize if I'm posting this request in the wrong forum. I was hesitant to include it in the main area, as it's a fairly specific topic.

To everyone: My father and I were just discussing our favorite elements of the XL victory the other day, and I mentioned that I absolutely loved the very understated ad that was placed on the back cover of the commemorative SI issue. On a plain back background, the left hand side of the page was a stretch of veritcal 'asteroids' (or whatever we're calling them now) with only the years of our Super Bowl Championships in color, and with the year clearly highlighted. At the very bottom was the fifth colored asteroid with the 2005 year and something to the effect of "Welcome Back."

I've hunted around for the image briefly, but haven't turned up anything thus far. I'm wondering if someone might have a scanned image that I could pass along to my father, as he doesn't remember seeing it. It's the first time a Rooney hoisted the Lombardi in my lifetime, and I really thought that ad was a great tribute to a team that I was raised to respect...I'd like for him to be able to at least see it, as I know he would love it.

Anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction, he and I would both be very appreciative. Many thanks in advance, and best to all...camp opens soon, and I'm gettin' excited!

-DJ
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089
Default Re: Post-Super Bowl XL SI Back Cover Ad

By the way, I do have to admit that I'm finishing up my grad program at the end of the week, and have an ungodly amount of work due before Friday...but I've been combing through these forums for a bit, and now I feel compelled to go play Madden to tide me over until we start kicking ass and taking names again.
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote