Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #111
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Re: White House, Cheney's Office Subpoenaed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Or...

The whole thing was seen as judicial tyranny and the president used his constitutional responsibilty to check the judicial branch...

it all depends on ones perspective.
Well, the evidence against him was overwhelming, and the sentence was pretty much the standard sentence for the crime, well within the guidelines set by the law. I guess serial killers also see their crimes differently than others; I don't think "perspective" is an adequate argument here.

Again, I'm not worked up about it. I don't think Scoot was going to cave, and everything we suspected about this administration and its attitude towards us and its internal workings is being proven true,

81% of Americans think that commuting the prison term was wrong. I'd say that number cuts across party lines rather effectively.

Excluding the current president; as much as I disagree with him, he has not yet been judged by history:

The worst 2 presidents in my 53 years were Ford and Carter, by far. There weren't many good ones. Ike was pretty effective, in retrospect. I prospered well under Clinton. Kennedy didn't have enough time, Nixon and LBJ were about equal, and I'm neutral on Reagan and GHWB; Reagan's international work was stellar, but his trickle-down economics set the path for the stratification of classes we are seeing today. I think history will be kinder to GHWB than we are.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #112
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Dan,

I respect you...

So I am going to stop replying... because in my opinion, over the last few days in political discussions... it has just become WAY to overboard...

When anyone sees demons in every closet, evil in every face, and witches in every cave, it is time to take a breath...

And that is really what I feel is going on here...

This whole discussion has become WAY too polarized... a snap shot of the country at large... My evidence for that is in this very thread... where I have condemned this president myself... Yet still am being painted as defending him, instead of making a logical argument...

Gotta wonder though... What is the possibility of one of the Bengals getting a pardon?
Thing is, I don't think people are seeing demons and witches; I think they are reacting in genuine outrage at the perversion of justice.

Again, I'm shrugging at it. It's what I expected, and to me it proves that this administration considers itself and its actions above the law.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #113
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Dan,

I respect you...

So I am going to stop replying... because in my opinion, over the last few days in political discussions... it has just become WAY to overboard...

When anyone sees demons in every closet, evil in every face, and witches in every cave, it is time to take a breath...

And that is really what I feel is going on here...

This whole discussion has become WAY too polarized... a snap shot of the country at large... My evidence for that is in this very thread... where I have condemned this president myself... Yet still am being painted as defending him, instead of making a logical argument...

Gotta wonder though... What is the possibility of one of the Bengals getting a pardon?
I agree to a cease fire but, as I said in response to posters who did not want to read threads on Cowher staying or leaving last season, if someone is not interested in a post that does not make inflammatory personal attacks the simple answer is not to read the thread or posts.

If the Administration wants to infer the probation office recommended probation for Scooter Libby (not true) and claim that there is nothing out of the ordinary about commuting a sentence while the defendant is appealing the sentence and has not served a day of that sentence (not true), I do not think it is overkill to cite source documents (not my personal opinions) to the contrary.

I have said all I will be saying on this subject but if any statement I have made is not factually correct please feel free to correct me just as I have freely pointed out the clear misstatements of the Administration over the last day.

Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #114
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

what about the rule of law??
Old 07-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #115
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

I have said all I will be saying on this subject

But AD...

I seriously want to know...

Quote:
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #116
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
But AD...

I seriously want to know...

If W or Cheney are Bengals fans, very high (and, if so, Kimo von Olhoffen will not sleep easily until the statute of limitations runs on potential federal charges for his "assault" on Carson Palmer).
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:52 PM   #117
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
If W or Cheney are Bengals fans, very high (and, if so, Kimo von Olhoffen will not sleep easily until the statute of limitations runs on potential federal charges for his "assault" on Carson Palmer).
What assault on carson palmer?

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #118
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,556 Times in 3,981 Posts

Quote:
im really beginning to wonder if you "practice law" in your spare time.

if so, can i get you on cosignment? i got some "dirty" work i gotta get done with the proper backing.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:40 PM   #119
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im really beginning to wonder if you "practice law" in your spare time.

if so, can i get you on cosignment? i got some "dirty" work i gotta get done with the proper backing.

Sorta like you never had any dirty work already?

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:52 PM   #120
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote