Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #21
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Re: White House, Cheney's Office Subpoenaed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post
Hell of a good post Tom .... I agree on all accounts.
Thanks.

I'll add that politicians on both sides think we're a bunch of idiots who don't know what's good for us, like they do.

And although I side more often with the Dems, I have my eyes open; they only reason the Dems are against this is because it effectively disenfranchises their voter base, which blocks their ability to regain control.

It isn't a battle of altruism vs evil; it just happens that one side blocks the other for its own advantage, which also happens to be good for our personal freedom.

As an aside, I read somewhere that the phone and mail infercepting program produced exactly no useable intelligence against terrorism or Al Qaeda; I have no doubt in my mind that the expansion of power had bothing to do with fighting terrorism, and everything to do with increasing the power of the executive office, Hell, even John Ashcroft opposed it! And say what you will about Ashcroft, and I am no fan at all of the man, but he is as anti-terrorist as you can get, just as much as Cheney is... and even he thought it was too much.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #22
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

They're all the same everywhere, in the US, in Mongolia, ... just looking out for only themselves. And the funny part is that they all act like they're religious. What a joke.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #23
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
That's for sure.

There are only a SELECT few politicians I can probably trust. A select group of Republicans and maybe 1 democrat(Barack Obama)

That is just the case with Bush. I had high hopes for him, and thought that he was going to get us back on track after Clinton put us into further hell. Even though I'd rather him over to Gore and Kerry any day. If they were president, Taxes would be a lot higher. I'd like to once I start paying taxes to have to spend for myself and not be giving it all to the government.

Further hell by Clinton? This country was way better off the day Clinton left office and turned it over to GW. Clinto left him with a surplus. W is leaving with a record deficit, that my, or your grandchildren will never be able to pay off. As a matter of fact, it took Clinton nearly 8 yeatrs to get us out of 12 years of hell.

Clinton made 3 major mistakes in office:

1) He got a BJ and lied about it.

2) He agreed with a Republican Congress and approved NAFTA

3) He should have never opened the trade doors to China.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #24
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Further hell by Clinton? This country was way better off the day Clinton left office and turned it over to GW. Clinto left him with a surplus. W is leaving with a record deficit, that my, or your grandchildren will never be able to pay off. As a matter of fact, it took Clinton nearly 8 yeatrs to get us out of 12 years of hell.

Thanks for the laughter, I needed it after a long week.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:51 AM   #25
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

Thanks for the laughter, I needed it after a long week.
May I join you in that laughter, Father?

The word of the day is............. sheeple.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #26
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
In 2000, I voted for Bush over Gore, with reservations. But I really wanted to believe his message of bipartisanship and healing. In retrospect he lied; his administration has produced the most bitter division in government and among the citizenry that I have seen in my life.

In my opinion Clinton's scandals, both personal and political, are small potatoes next to the blatant power grab and attempt to usurp the Constitution that has been engineered by those around Bush. Those currently in power used a national crisis to try and subtly change the course of our government, to try to set in motion a sea change that would have limited freedom, both socially and economically, for all future Americans.

There's nothing wrong with a strong executive branch, but there is something VERY wrong with an imperial executive branch. We need a government, not a big brother.

Tom
Clinton Scandals being small potatoes? I could not disagree with you more on this one, Tom. Lying under oath is considered a felony and he should have been jailed for it as well as impeached and expelled. Also, cheating on his wife(coughs monica lewinsky coughs). The only reason he wasn't impeached and removed is because a select few members of congress wouldn't get their heads of their butts and vote the guy out. It's also because of him that Bush has had a huge mess on his hands that he's been elected TWICE to clean up the mess, but he's cleaned up probably his tax hikes with lower taxes and passed no child left behind(Which is still not up to par). After that what else has he done but add to it. I'm not saying Bush has done a much better job then Clinton has, but what Clinton has done was A LOT worse then what Bush did.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:51 AM   #27
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post

4.)lying under oath.

5.)Cheating on his wife with his intern

6.)(Insert the other numerous problems he did)

A couple of the more reasons this country has went to shambles since H.W. took office. Not to mention H.W. I feel did less damage in one term.

We were better off with Regan. What bad did he do to us?

Last edited by SteelCityMan786; 06-29-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:58 AM   #28
Blitzburgh
Banned

Member Number: 2863

Look at the Clinton bashers lining up ... ha!, too funny.

Tom hit the nail on the head about Clinton's wrong-doings looking like childs play in comparison to the level of corruption and ineptitude Bush and Cheney have shown in the past 6 years!

LOL, looks like you stirred up the hornets nest Tom!

GOOD JOB!
Blitzburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:31 PM   #29
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post
Look at the Clinton bashers lining up ... ha!, too funny.

Tom hit the nail on the head about Clinton's wrong-doings looking like childs play in comparison to the level of corruption and ineptitude Bush and Cheney have shown in the past 6 years!

LOL, looks like you stirred up the hornets nest Tom!

GOOD JOB!
Ok Timeout here Blitz. How is lying under oath childs play compared to going to war illegally? They're both equal.

Another thing to, let's hear what Clinton did when he had actual grounds to use Military Action against someone who attacked us FIRST. Bush took out the taliban and helped bring the Hamid Karzai lead government to power eliminating another chance of another attack coming from Aganistan.

Also, what about National Securtiy? What did Clinton do about that? NOTHING! I don't want to hear anyone say that it wasn't an issue when Clinton was in office. It's been an issue since 1776 when we became independent. It will always be a major issue.

Obstruction of justice and Unauthorized Wire Tapping are some what equal to me. Why? Both are against the law. In addition, lying is one of the worst offenses you can do(Especially while under oath). Unauthorized Wire Tapping is the equivalent of eavesdropping.

I could add more, but it would take me too long.

Also Democrats in congress, STOP TRYING TO MAKE POLITICAL Statements. You know how annoying that is to those of us who have connections to those fighting in the war in either Iraq or Afghanistan today? It's way too early to place a timetable on Iraq. No wonder why the approval level of congress is at a RECORD LOW!

Bottom Line, Clinton left this country in a mess bad enough that Bush has a hard enough time to clean it up. Now he's getting unfairly the lowest ratings while Clinton has unfairly gotten some of the highest ratings. In my opinion, Bush's Job Approval Should be 45% and Clinton's should have been 4%.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:56 PM   #30
Blitzburgh
Banned

Member Number: 2863

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Ok Timeout here Blitz. How is lying under oath childs play compared to going to war illegally? They're both equal.

Wow, this is too easy .... Stop for a moment and put it in perspective, one involves death of a few thousand of our American soldiers (i.e., human lives that destroyed families) and the other doesn't.... .it was merely lying to cover up an embarassing extra-marital affair to save his marriage.

See?... so you can clearly see ... they're not equal. Not even close.
Blitzburgh is offline   Reply With Quote