Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #41
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,010 Times in 4,558 Posts
Default Re: White House, Cheney's Office Subpoenaed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
No you're not.

nor are you.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #42
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,385 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Is his middle name - damn, wrong thread again.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:44 PM   #43
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Hmmm.... thing are heating up. Thats why discussing politics is a bad idea... can we talk about the Spice Girls, like someone suggested?
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #44
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Hmmm.... thing are heating up. Thats why discussing politics is a bad idea... can we talk about the Spice Girls, like someone suggested?

back on topic people. isnt this thread about dick going to jail????

Old 06-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #45
Blitzburgh
Banned

Member Number: 2863

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Which appears to be what you wanted, Blitz. YAY!

SCM - why even bother trying to reason with those who are so filled with hatred? Instead of frustrating yourself replying to their drivel, thank God every night that you and your family are safe because we have a President who looked terrorism straight in the eye and said "not happening on my watch". I don't agree with everything GWB has done during his tenure and I'm admittedly damned pissed at his stance on illegal immigrants, but like most Americans - keeping my family safe is paramount to everything else.
This coming from a few right wing extremist mods who would rather silence the opposition by banning them ... than dealing with the truth.

Yes, before you go night-night, look at your picture of Bush and pretend that Jesus Bush is hugging you while saying, "It's ok ... "W" is your guiding light and he is protecting you from the evils of the world"

Holy smokes ... with sheepish followers that don't dare open door number one ... marked "The truth" .... it's no wonder this country is going full throttle down the crapper!

Here's a picture to frame and put over the threshold of your home ... look familiar?

Last edited by SteelCityMan786; 06-29-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Blitzburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #46
tony hipchest
Supporter

while that picture is definitely hilarious, directing it at one of our fine mods (whom i respect) as you call them out probably isnt the way to go. i hear what youre saying, but we can still get a point across in a more fun and humerous way. this topic deserves discussion and i find the bias how clinton "is evil" and bush "is just a human who makes mistakes" as laughable.

anyways, i dont wanna come across as telling you what to do. you are your own man, and i just dont wanna see a situation escalate beyond the normal banter where a poster with a strong (and important) view gets banned.

Dick says "Whoa"
Old 06-29-2007, 08:02 PM   #47
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post
This coming from a few right wing extremist mods who would rather silence the opposition by banning them ... than dealing with the truth.

Yes, before you go night-night, look at your picture of Bush and pretend that Jesus Bush is hugging you while saying, "It's ok ... "W" is your guiding light and he is protecting you from the evils of the world"

Holy smokes ... with sheepish followers that don't dare open door number one ... marked "The truth" .... it's no wonder this country is going full throttle down the crapper!

Here's a picture to frame and put over the threshold of your home ... look familiar?
Hey Blitzburgh, we don't ban people for shits and giggles. We ban people because they have violated the code of conduct beyond an acceptable extent. What I mean by acceptable extent is that they commit something against the rules, are warned by a mod, then listen to the mod.

What you have done is BEYOND acceptable. Calling out a mod.

Now back on topic. I was a Bush supporter yes, but I have gotten driven up a wall by him now that I don't know what to do.

Another thing, we are all entitled to our political views. No one's opinion is wrong. If you have to give people shit about their opinions, expect to get to get it back.

If you can't put up with our opinions in addition to your own, then leave. Or we'll help you with your departure.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns

Last edited by SteelCityMan786; 06-29-2007 at 09:24 PM.
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #48
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I've always wondered why people who are blinded by hate are always the most vocal. If we establish these simple parameters, this argument cleans up quickly: If you hate either Bush or Clinton so much that you think they are both evil and did everything in their power to destroy the World or whatever, then you probably shouldn't post one way or another about either of them.

I don't let my emotions enter into politics. It doesn't make any sense to do so. Same with Religion. The subjects that people are most passionate about should be the topics that are dealt with most sanely and logically.

Clinton was a smart man. He was a great orator. He did some good things while in office. History, however, will probably not be kind to him. He pretty much maintained the status quo, which are swear words for the far left. He also, however you may feel about it, doinked a ton of chicks, and got caught by a few of them. Maybe he'll be able to overcome that in the same sort of way that history forgave Richard Nixon, but I kind of doubt it. He just didn't do much while in office one way or another.

Bush is a different story. Bush was doomed from the start. He "lost" his election, even though he didn't (we all learned in 4th grade civics that the popular vote takes a backseat to the electoral college), and the game was afoot. If he would have faced any other opponent then Gore, the matter would have been conceded, but we all now know that Al Gore needs an awful lot of attention.

Then 911 hit, and the guy was further doomed. No matter what action (or lack of action) the guy took, he was hopelessly lost to second guessing and hindsight. There really is no way to know how he grades out for at least 5 years, but, all I know is that he faced a pretty difficult situation almost from the get go, and at least he acted. History will judge those actions.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #49
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post

So,...because someone has a different political vantage point than you do,.....they and their views are worthy of ridicule ? And more importantly,...why do you feel as though your ridicule is of any importance or significance ?

Do you not realize that in terms of politics,...for not matter what actual failures and or success that those whom wield power have,.....for the most part they are all FLAWED and have ALL done and will do their share's of "dirt" (so to speak)

You speak of truth,.... but in reality,......is it not in the 'best interest' in the minds of ALL politicians and their advisors to bend things that you would consider 'Gospel' to better serve the their own ends ?
And that includes YOUR "Sheperds" and or "Guiding light". (The prospective leaders/leader of YOUR"Party")

Perhaps you recieve a measure of satisfaction in pointing out the shortcomings and or failings of George Bush as a leader on Steeler Message board,...because it makes you feel more important than you may be in reality.

But,......somehow i doubt that your name is Bill Maher or that you receive any type of financial compensation for your supposed "socio political" commentary. And your not even 'entertaining' .

And as such,.......you would do well to conduct yourself accordingly.

Last edited by X-Terminator; 06-29-2007 at 09:28 PM.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:48 PM   #50
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
There's nothing wrong with a strong executive branch, but there is something VERY wrong with an imperial executive branch. We need a government, not a big brother.

Tom

The only truth Tom,.....as bitter as this may sound to those whom feel as though 'mankind' is indeed evovled enough or naturally 'pure' enough to do without a 'Big Brother' in terms of goverment and leadership,......this is not,... nor will it ever be the case.

As most people by very nature are governed by their own personal needs and or perspective at the end of the day. And unfortunatly as such,....piety, tyranny, freedom and restriction are all 'relative'.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote