Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-18-2005, 06:45 PM   #11
Super_Bowl_Champ
Water Boy

Member Number: 196
Default Re: Hey Steeler people how did you guys beat ....

I just heard Ray Lewis on the radio. He has picked the Steelers to win this week. Finally, somebody is using their heads. He said that Pittsburgh's defense is superior to New England's and he also said that Pittsburgh's running game is much better than the Pat's. If anybody would know, it would be him! Go Steelers!
Super_Bowl_Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:40 AM   #12
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

SANDBAGGED???? To qoute Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game." No way its not what you do, its how you do it. Come on, if you play against us and don't know that we want to A) run the ball, B) stop the run, C) control the clock then you must not have watched any football over the past 35 years. So then it comes down to execution Sunday. If we execute the run better than NE then we win. If they execute better then they win. Forget schemes and calling your own plays. NE doesn't like us because they can't game plan us. You want to rush 3 and drop 8 against us? All day baby bring it on. No you gotta get your guys fired up to know that all day you are going to be blocked by the most physical line and wide receivers in the league. No pushing players out of bounds because the will be looking to hit you, stay in bounds, and make the first down. On offense dont forget you will be hit by the roughest CB's playing. No Dieon on this team. We all tackle. That makes me wonder if our playbook is run left, run middle, run right. How scaled back is Ben's playbook?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:10 PM   #13
FalconEddy
Water Boy

Member Number: 175

Yea forget that sandbag talk because there's no place like home, pain don't hurt as bad at home, luck is always better at home.?With what happened in that JETS game I think you are obligated to win and win big , plus the absolute worst superbowl would be New England versus Philly. The Best would be The Steelers versus Atlanta. Hines Ward can have somewhat of a homecoming. But I still must know who will win the coaching battle between Cower and Belichick and will this be a major influence during the game. Belichick is touted as being a genius 9 and 1 in the playoffs and with a win will be in a status with Chuck Knoll , Don Shula and Vince Lombardi . I think with this win the Steelers get back the mystic of the Franco Harris days because they would have beaten the best team in the league twice and stopped Belichick's climb into an early entry into the HOF.
FalconEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:20 PM   #14
joshfic
Water Boy

Member Number: 201

If you thought the crowd was pumped for a 4:30 start on a 14 deree day, just wait to see what it looks like on a warmer night at 6:30. Heinz Field will be rocking!!! That said, here's the way that I look at it. The Patriots played the best they ever did while playing the Colts. The Steelers played about as poorly as possible and still pulled out a win. The odds say that neither team will play the same as they did one week ago...that looks real good for the Steeler-faithful!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:21 PM   #15
ug_boy
Water Boy

Member Number: 208

[quote author=BlitzburghRockCity link=board=steelers;num=1105911100;start=0#3 date=01/17/05 at 09:58:57]We've dealt with cory dillon for years when he was a bungal...we know how he runs and how he has to be tackled, his tendancies, etc. ?Its gonna be a blast and a helluva game..but this year, Here's to the STeelers sending the Pats home instead of 2001!!!![/quote]
Two of my best friends are Steelers fans and we'll be watching the game together for friendly rivalry. I grew up in Boston, reside now in New Mexico, and am a Pats fan. I was not too worried about the Colts game but have to say I do not see how the Pats are going to win this one. From all points of reason it looks like my Pats will, to quote ESPN's Mike & Mike, get a heiny washing, again this weekend. We could not stop the run last time and now we've lost Richard Seymour (our All-Pro defensive end) as well. I love my team but have rooted for the Steelers when they were playing (even through the rough last years) - also probably cause I went to Penn State for grad school (please tell me why we're keeping Joe Pa???). The Pats beat 'em with Parcells in the later 90's as well so I've got not complaints if the Steelers beat my team.
Whoever wins, I just hope they beat the snot out of the NFC representative... Which, by the way, I hope is Atlanta as I really hate the Eagles and have enjoyed watching them choke the last three years.
ug_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:02 PM   #16
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216
Default falcon eddy

checkin in from smyrna/canton georgia, i really hoping for steeler - falcon game in a couple of weeks. just hammer the ball with the DVD - duckett - vick and dunn and we will see ya in a couple of weeks. that way we can finally settle that tie from a couple of years ago. ever listen to the two live stews - check them out on 790 from 1 to 4 peace
here we go steelers, here we go
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote