Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #31
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts
Default Re: TRANSFORMERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenarcher View Post
Well, I just saw it for the 2nd time this morning.....And, I must say it was so much better this time around. The first time I saw it I was a little tipsy..........

I will say this movie has surpassed anything else I have seen this summer. The only movie that I have seen this entire year that was better, was 300. Next week I am going to see Harry Potter and I have no doubt it will be great too.
did you go see it with cruchzilla the first time?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:44 PM   #32
Newzfoxjr
Starter

Member Number: 4116

This movie was pretty freaking cool, and way funnier than I had expected...I liked it...the only thing I disliked is how.. Optimus seemed a little meaner than what I remember from the other shows. I don't know.

But overall, awesome movie! I loved it. =D
Newzfoxjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #33
Maidenarcher
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2474

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
did you go see it with cruchzilla the first time?
You would've thought we might have.....LOL
Old 07-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #34
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Hey.. hey...

Its not my fault they released it on the biggest booze holiday of the year. My cinematic life well never interfere with my drinking life on the 4th of July.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #35
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,196 Times in 3,491 Posts

i guess the box office draw for the weekend was HUGE! (im not sure if it included all days since the 3rd but it raked in over $150 million (which was said to be a bigger take than the 1st spiderman movie.

i cant believe i sold my transformer comics around '90 to buy football cards. for what its worth the 2nd appearance of VENOM alien costume (the star villan in spiderman III) was in transformers #2 which happened to have a guest appearance from spider man (yes, im a dork).

all my original transformer toys (which i took great care of) were handed down to my little brother and eventually shot, burned, broken, and thrown away. e-bay would love them i bet.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #36
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
all my original transformer toys (which i took great care of) were handed down to my little brother and eventually shot, burned, broken, and thrown away. e-bay would love them i bet.

And if 'Jet Fire' would have been one of those available,...i would have copped it at whatever the asking price for the sake of nostalgia Tone. (Yes i'm still bitter that my cousin 'finished' that one)
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #37
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I saw it yesterday, and I thought it was okay. Shia LaBeouf was fine. He's actually a pretty accomplished actor, and he did a much better job then the kid who played Anakin Skywalker did playing against 80% blue screen where there was nothing actually there.

The SPFX were awesome and seamless, and you really never stopped to think for a second that they weren't real characters. A lot of action. But Michael Bay has a real problem with falling in love with too many of his scenes that need to be left on the cutting room floor. The movie was 30 minutes too long just like almost all his other movies, but at least this one made the extra 30 minutes entertaining. Pearl Harbor had just way too much extra crap on it, and Armageddon was painful to watch after about 1:45.

And there will definitely be a sequel:
1) Steven Spielberg wants at least one, and that's enough right there.
2) Why sink the remains instead of destroy them?
3) Optimus' call to all at the end.
4) 152 million in 7 days.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #38
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Oh, by the way, did anyone see the mystery trailer before the movie? It was about a going away party for a guy named Rob who was going to Japan and it was all filmed on VHS just like Blair Witch Project. Then there was an earthquake like event, some explosion and a bunch on meteor-like things flung all over NY City. Seemed almost like a Godzilla sequel.

I noticed it was produced by JJ Abrams (Lost, among other odd things) and i looked it up online, and, get this. Nothing. Nobody knows anything. Even Paramount, the company making it denies knowing anything about the project. Supposedly it's called "Cloverleaf", and it's about a giant monster parasite attacking NYC, but nobody knows that for sure or can even confirm if it's a real movie.

I have to admit, that is really clever marketing, and I'll go see the movie (if there is a movie) just because of how well and mysteriously they presented it.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #39
Maidenarcher
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2474

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Oh, by the way, did anyone see the mystery trailer before the movie? It was about a going away party for a guy named Rob who was going to Japan and it was all filmed on VHS just like Blair Witch Project. Then there was an earthquake like event, some explosion and a bunch on meteor-like things flung all over NY City. Seemed almost like a Godzilla sequel.

I noticed it was produced by JJ Abrams (Lost, among other odd things) and i looked it up online, and, get this. Nothing. Nobody knows anything. Even Paramount, the company making it denies knowing anything about the project. Supposedly it's called "Cloverleaf", and it's about a giant monster parasite attacking NYC, but nobody knows that for sure or can even confirm if it's a real movie.

I have to admit, that is really clever marketing, and I'll go see the movie (if there is a movie) just because of how well and mysteriously they presented it.
Oh, I saw that preview. It was kind of weird, because they didn't give a title to it. You are right. It does seem like a Godzilla movie...Who knows though.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #40
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I found the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

(Click on 1-18-08)