Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default Colt Brennan: Real Deal or Bust

i know ive brought this up before but i wrote this like a week ago and ive got some good reviews on it. if yall like it i have my own website- www.freewebs.com/ajmurfy. its under my blog i try to post something each week. its dedicated completely to sports

This week I will be getting into the topic where I will be spending most of my time talking about. Colt Brennan hit the college world rather quietly, after running into legal problems at Colorado and playing a year playing JC, Colt earned the starting job at Hawaii after walking on. In his first season he lead the nation in touchdown passes, beating names like Matt Leinart, Vince Young, and Jay Cutler (all first round pick later that year). Brennan showed glimpses of non-system talents. Brennan has accuracy that isn't matched by any other quarterback in college. He shows great mobility and decision making. Despite all of this, Brennan name was a mystery to most people not in Hawaii. His Junior year was one for the ages. Brennan set, among many, the record for most TD passes in a season (and two year span), passer efficiency and completed 73% of his passes (June Jones says if it wasn't for drops it would be close to 80%). Now if you compare that to the most prolific passer in college football history, Timmy Chang. Chang never threw for more than fifty touchdowns in a season. He also never completed more than 60% of his passes in aseason. Chang also has the record for most interceptions in a career. The part when people label him as a "system QB" that is so annoying is that they don't understand what a system QB is. A system quarterback are quarterbacks that stats are higher than their potential or ability project due to the system of offense their run.

Examples- Joey Harrington (Tedford), Kyle Boller (Tedford), Timmy Chang (Run-N-Shoot)

There are three stat categories that I look at from quarterbacks that can't be directly translated from an offensive scheme.

1. Quarterback Rating- Brennan Broke NCAA record (186.0)

2. Interceptions- In his two year career Brennan has thrown only 25 interceptions, while throwing the ball 1,074 passes and 93 TD passes

3. Completion %-Brennan shows the ability to throw the ball exactly where only the receiver can catch it. 73% of his passes he completed last year
Old 07-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Newzfoxjr
Starter

Member Number: 4116
Default Re: Colt Brennan: Real Deal or Bust

I learned of this guy when he decided not to enter the draft, he looks pretty good...I like what I saw of him.
Newzfoxjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

I think that this guy could be the real deal if he puts on some weight.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:29 AM   #4
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Real deal.

Chang racked up numbers with smoke and mirrors. I've lived in the Aloha State for six years and there is a difference now. Forget the June Jones hyperbole that couldn't stick in the past. Jones can make a grape sound like a pineapple - the King of Fruit.

I know for most of SteelerFever viewers there is no football west of the Mississippi but my eyes tell me otherwise.

Brennan won't get to prove to the nation until he is facing the NFL. Living in paradise... Playing football here...

What's getting even less attention is the impact of the polynesians in the NFL. Expect this trend to continue. Polamalu and Tatupu are just the tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately for U of Hawaii the Pac-10 (and thankfully USC) has too much to offer. Greed is good.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The beauty of all this is that Brennan will definitely get his chance to prove himself in the NFL, and if he is drafted outside the first round, he removes a lot of pressure from himself. And he will be drafted outside the first round no matter what he does. So, if you are a fan, be happy that you recognized the talent before anyone else did.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I will have to see some real numbers against a real team that he plays against. He plays against nobodies!! But we will see, maybe he will prove me wrong... Maybe...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,286 Times in 1,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
I will have to see some real numbers against a real team that he plays against. He plays against nobodies!! But we will see, maybe he will prove me wrong... Maybe...
your right....

09/01/07 NORTHERN COLORADO
09/08/07 at Louisiana Tech
09/15/07 at UNLV
09/22/07 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN
09/29/07 at Idaho
10/06/07 UTAH STATE
10/12/07 at San Jose State--
10/27/07 NEW MEXICO STATE
11/10/07 FRESNO STATE
11/16/07 at Nevada
11/23/07 BOISE STATE
12/01/07 WASHINGTON

thier ranked 23 in tha APpoll with boise state being thier biggest competition (ranked 24)

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #8
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

Location: Original Hawaii girl, now living in Seahawks country
Member Number: 6622

The reason they play "nobodies" is because the "better" schools refused to come to Hawaii and play. UH was offering teams close to $750,000 to come and play us. And they said no. So you can't blame Hawaii for it's cupcake schedule. But other than that I think Colt Brennan is the real deal. He puts up insane numbers, regardless of the team he plays. And I watched every game last season and he's an awesome QB.

Six time Super Bowl Champions!!!
steelergirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote