Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
Virginia Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5793
Default Under the radar in 2007?

Anyone else like the fact that the Steelers are being predicted by most to finish 3rd in the AFC North? I like it -- I feel like the Steelers always do better when the preseason mags don't have them winning the division..What do these journos know anyways...They have a favorable schedule - the not so tough NFC West, Miami and Jax at home and of course the Browns twice.

Don't forget that as bad a season as last year was for the Steelers , they were 8-8, BUT arguably were a couple plays away from 10-6 (Atlanta and Oakland - easily winnable) - plus the 1st Cincy game (up in 2nd half and fumbled a punt - Cincy scores 14 points in like a minute) -- that's how close they were to 11-5!

This year I think Big Ben comes in and is 100% physically fit as well as - key word - mentally fit. I think Willie Parker is ready to become a star in the NFL and I think Tomlin is going give the team a much needed kick in the pants.

I was very skeptical about this season a few weeks ago, but now I am super pumped -- a little over 9 weeks to go!!!!
Virginia Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
FastWillieParker39
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4348
Default Re: Under the radar in 2007?

I AGREE 100%!! I can't stand other fans just writing us off so easily as well as magazines. People don't look at what happened with the Ben situation and Cowher not really caring as much. But we were still ONE WIN away from making the playoffs.

I think we will be a wild card team and make the playoffs. Then next year you will hear the same crap from fans that we shouldn't make the playoffs but we prove em wrong again.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Steeler View Post
Anyone else like the fact that the Steelers are being predicted by most to finish 3rd in the AFC North? I like it -- I feel like the Steelers always do better when the preseason mags don't have them winning the division..What do these journos know anyways...They have a favorable schedule - the not so tough NFC West, Miami and Jax at home and of course the Browns twice.

Don't forget that as bad a season as last year was for the Steelers , they were 8-8, BUT arguably were a couple plays away from 10-6 (Atlanta and Oakland - easily winnable) - plus the 1st Cincy game (up in 2nd half and fumbled a punt - Cincy scores 14 points in like a minute) -- that's how close they were to 11-5!

This year I think Big Ben comes in and is 100% physically fit as well as - key word - mentally fit. I think Willie Parker is ready to become a star in the NFL and I think Tomlin is going give the team a much needed kick in the pants.

I was very skeptical about this season a few weeks ago, but now I am super pumped -- a little over 9 weeks to go!!!!
ya its always nice to be the underdog and i def think ben wil come out and as long as our O-line sticks up we will have a great season and prob. go 11-5, 12-4! just look at our superbowl season we were under the radar the whole season and look at our shiny new ring!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers123 View Post
I AGREE 100%!! I can't stand other fans just writing us off so easily as well as magazines. People don't look at what happened with the Ben situation and Cowher not really caring as much. But we were still ONE WIN away from making the playoffs.

I think we will be a wild card team and make the playoffs. Then next year you will hear the same crap from fans that we shouldn't make the playoffs but we prove em wrong again.
well your not a tru steeler fan if u right your own team off if your a tru steeler fan u love them no matter wat!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Yes, I love the role of the underdog as well. I think that's when we play best. Here's to the upcoming season and proving everyone wrong yet once again.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA View Post
Yes, I love the role of the underdog as well. I think that's when we play best. Here's to the upcoming season and proving everyone wrong yet once again.
right back at u bud!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401

its amazing how people forget how close we were to 11 - 5. For having gone through what Ben had to endure, he did not do that bad if you think about it. I would be a bit gun shy too if I hit a windshield head first and then had an organ removed. I think our O-Line will have to step it up just a bit and they will be a bit young too. (the center position will be the key point on the line). Defensively I am excited to see what Labeau and Tomlin come up with. Our LBs will have to become a perfect conversion of veterans and rookies. (not that I want to curse our draft picks, but Kendrell learned fast, he just got hurt all the time). Announcers and those terrible pregame shows will cut us down every chance they get and when we are in the Super Bowl (i hope) they will just act like they new we would be there. I will continue to listen to the games on the radio, if i am not at the games (as long as they are not delayed too long with the TV broadcast) so that I don't have to listen to the likes of John Madden. I will be excited for the game on 9/30. The ex-steelers will not defeat us. I want our D to shred Grim's O-line and send Big Matt on his back as much as possible. Doubt us all you want, I know a NATION that won't
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Never forget that pre-season talk is just that--talk. A plan of battle never lasts past the first shot.

Most pundits themselves admit that pre-season predictions are almost totally worthless. The best of them go back and compare their predictions to the final results and laugh, and they usually laugh at the predictions every year.

As far as "under the radar": for the people that matter, the coaches and player of the Ravens, Bengals, and Browns, I guarantee you the Steelers are not "under the radar".

And, we weren't as close to 11-5 as you might think. Margins of victory in the NFL are usually pretty slim, and many games turn on a small handful of plays. The Steelers were as far from 11-5 as any other 8-8 team. We weren't special or different in that regard.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by section514 View Post
its amazing how people forget how close we were to 11 - 5.
Close doesn't cut it hon - their record last season was 8-8 and there were many factors playing into that record, not just Ben's problems on and off the field (injuries). You win as a team and lose as a team and I'd have to say that the 2006 Steelers lost at least 7 of those 8 games as a team. This season, with a new set of coaches who seem extremely motivated, energetic and ready to rumble, I believe we are going to see a huge rebirth. I don't believe they will win the AFCN, but I do believe they will WC their way into the playoffs and make the Bungles their beyotches once again.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Yeah, I'm glad we are under the radar, so when the time comes and no one expects it we will kick everyone's ass and make them regret they underestimating Ben
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote