Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room > Well Wishes

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default I need your thoughts and prayers

Well guys,I just lost my new job today...three weeks and a day into it.

I was working at a company in Cleveland,Monarch Electric Service Company.They repair electric motors for different companies such as Alcoa,Duke Energy,Perry Nuclear Power Plant,David-Bessey Nuclear Power Plant,and other companies in various parts of the United States (a lot of business from PA,New York,Michigan,Indiana,Kentucky,and Ohio.A company I am sure most of you Yinzers know of is Penn Coil...they are a division of Monarch.

I was working as a motor mechanic and I was supposed to be in training,however I got very little training.For most of my first two weeks,I was stuck doing bullshit filler jobs such as steam cleaning,stripping copper,and cleaning oven carts.I was pulled off of learning the mechanic aspects to do this shit.

Well,today I am working on a motor when my foreman comes to me and says he needs to talk to me.Instead of going to his office,he leads me towards the corporate offices.Once I realized where I was heading,a lump began to grow in my throat.I knew what was coming because my foreman was silent and it wasn't time for my review yet.

Then my foreman tells me to have a seat...and he's standing.That solidified it before the VP even said anything.Then it came:

"I'm sorry Tom,but it just isn't going to work out when we move you to second shift.Greggory tells me you haven't picked up the mechanical aspect of it enough and we were going to be moving you new guys to second shift in a few weeks."

I asked him how I was supposed to learn the mechanic aspects of the job when I was always pulled off of learning experiences to do some bullshit job.He told me that didn't matter,that I should have picked up enough to do a motor by myself.

They never even gave me a chance.I was a lame duck this whole time.My Grandpa works for Monarch as a truck driver,and he's the one that mentioned my application to one of the corporate guys.He's on vacation in Kentucky right now...how appropriate they let me go while he's on vacation.

Good news though,I have an interview tomorrow at Sears Automotive to be a automotive technician.I hope it goes well because I need a new job NOW.

I bought a roll away tool box and a tool chest that goes on top of it Friday...took it in and put all my tools in it Saturday...rolled it out and took it home Monday.The two tool boxes are black Craftsman ones...the top chest has a lid that opens up and I have my Steelers magnets on display on the inside of the lid whenever it's opened up.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts
Default Re: I need your thoughts and prayers

its obvious you were canned for being a steelersfan. bastards! them clowns couldnt take the smack they would receive 5 days a week. pu$$ies.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I'm sorry....my son just lost his job last week, too Jjust one week short of his 90 day probation and full union benefits. I know it's tough, but hang in there.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,308 Posts

Sorry man, been there, done that myself. Anyplace that treats its employees that way, your better off to move along now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
its obvious you were canned for being a steelersfan. bastards! them clowns couldnt take the smack they would receive 5 days a week. pu$$ies.
Doest that fall under the federal discrimination act.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,317 Times in 477 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that, Roeth. To hell with them - it's their loss, not yours. Good luck on your interview tomorrow!
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:02 PM   #6
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Good luck in the interview tomorrow, forget about the past, think about the future, you'll get another job.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

I am sorry to hear that as well. That kind of stuff has happened to me before as well...

You know, you were probably a guinea pig from the start. Just hired to get some stuff done.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Dude that sucks....Best of luck in your interview........

I know I'm starting to get nervous at my job...We usually don't slow production down at my plant until winter....We're arleady slowing down and dropping our production numbers....I have been there long enough to know what comes next.....A major lay-off...................
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I'm sorry to hear that, Roeth - it's their loss, not yours. Sometimes, things happen for a reason and that reason can be a blessing in disguise! Keep your chin up, put it behind you and good luck on your interview tomorrow! Please let us know how it turns out, OK?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Thanks for the support guys.I really wanted the job so I could transfer to Penn Coil and move near The Burgh too.

Now I am focusing on getting a job in the Auto technology field.I might go to school at Ohio Technical College and take thier auto-deisel program so I can get good pay in a diverse field.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote