Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-07-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Our 2 Offensive Stars

I was looking on ESPN.com earlier this evening at the Steelers stats from last year. I looked at alot of our top players game by games stats and these 2 players stats tells me just how important it is for Big Ben to get off to great starts in his games. And just really how bad he was last year against our division foes.
Last 8 games: 6 Wins 2 Losses (Over all)
1,734 Yards and 11 TD's 9 Ints.
Winning Games Stats: 12 TD's 5 Ints.
Losing Games Stats : 6 TD's 18 Ints.
VS-AFC North
53.4 % Comp.
5 TD's 11 Ints.
% Completion By Quarter
1st= 59.8 6 tds 4 ints
2nd= 64.6 6 tds 5 Ints
3rd= 57.0 1 td 3 Ints
4th= 57.3 4 tds 11 INTS
Now for RB Willie Parker
Last 8 games look like this:
640 yards 7 tds
Yards by month looks like this:
Sept. 268 yds. 2 tds
Oct. 296 yds. 3 tds
Nov. 351 yds. 4 tds
Dec. 579 yds. 4 td
I know this is kind of long, but I thought these stats might interest some.. and I was kind of suprised at how Willie's stats got stronger and stronger as the season went on.. I know alot of people were worried that he couldnt carry the load all season, but he proved to everyone that he can..

Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Our 2 Offensive Stars

wOW thats great and proves parker is great all year long(look at sig.) and yes ben is the one we need to step up this year also the O-line!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

I think that Willie will get less carries this year, as he should, but his stats will be similar or better due to the fact that we're spreading out the offense.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,950 Times in 4,535 Posts

didnt willie carry the ball 37 times in the final game of the season?

the problem is no 2 coaches last year had coached against eachother (for the same team) more times than billick and cowher. with the ravens hiring b. st. pierre and all the knowledge he had of the steelers tendencies and playbook does anyone actually still wonder why the ravens (for the 1st time EVER) were able to completely own us?

willie parker is the real deal, as is heath, holmes and big ben. im sure many coaches around the league looked at it as "how the hell could cowher wind up with all these playmakers?" im sure many thought the personnel didnt match his 15 year old conservative approach. you cant teach an old dog new tricks and after the maddox/zeoroue experiment i dont think he wanted to learn "new tricks". after all he did "retire/resign".
Old 07-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
didnt willie carry the ball 37 times in the final game of the season?

the problem is no 2 coaches last year had coached against eachother (for the same team) more times than billick and cowher. with the ravens hiring b. st. pierre and all the knowledge he had of the steelers tendencies and playbook does anyone actually still wonder why the ravens (for the 1st time EVER) were able to completely own us?

willie parker is the real deal, as is heath, holmes and big ben. im sure many coaches around the league looked at it as "how the hell could cowher wind up with all these playmakers?" im sure many thought the personnel didnt match his 15 year old conservative approach. you cant teach an old dog new tricks and after the maddox/zeoroue experiment i dont think he wanted to learn "new tricks". after all he did "retire/resign".
Good point I do believe that Cowher was quit opposed to change.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx View Post
Good point I do believe that Cowher was quit opposed to change.

i agree with you... there were no changes when we were getting killed by the ravens.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #7
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Good thread Tony... I agree and I think that Cowher was ready to just get away by the end of the year. I think that Bill knew that it was gonna be his last year and after winning the super bowl he just didnt have the fire anymore. Now, if he comes back to coach again, does or will he still have the desire to win something that it took him 15 years to win in the Burgh? I love Willie Parker and I hope that he breaks Steelers records this upcoming season for rushing yards and TD's and leads us to our 2nd Super Bowl in 3 years.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #8
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
Good thread Tony... I agree and I think that Cowher was ready to just get away by the end of the year. I think that Bill knew that it was gonna be his last year and after winning the super bowl he just didnt have the fire anymore. Now, if he comes back to coach again, does or will he still have the desire to win something that it took him 15 years to win in the Burgh? I love Willie Parker and I hope that he breaks Steelers records this upcoming season for rushing yards and TD's and leads us to our 2nd Super Bowl in 3 years.
i totally agree Cowher just wanted out and not really worried bout making changes he just hoped for the best, but with our new coach he is young and full of ideas and is willing to change anything to make our team great once more!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:48 PM   #9
Smashmouth225
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5469

FWP is the real deal. I hope he keeps getting doubted like in college. Just adds fuel to his fire. Big Ben he gets a pass from me last year. Now if he bounces back this year with all those Int's
health can't be an excuse. But i fully believe with out any doubts that Ben is the truth and our Franchise QB for years to come.
Smashmouth225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:33 PM   #10
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

I agree with Tony H. I think we have a great collection of future stars currently on the roster and they were wasted on Cowhers philosophy.

Tomlin will not allow them to become prima donna stars. He will just be happy with star like production across the board from all of them without the baggage.