Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-26-2005, 09:46 AM   #1
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530
Default Patriots Loosing Class

They played a good game against us, refused to loose and beat us fair and square. Yes, it is getting tiring, but we looked good too - we didn't show the Pats that much and we still hung in there literally to the last second. After the game, I was disappointed, but at least had the comfort of knowing we lost to a good, classy team. But then...

? I'm sure the Steeler fans hate us here. They hate when we are running out. It's kinda fun. What more could you ask. There was 1:21 left. We've seen that before. I looked up and saw a minute and 21 seconds left and said, 'What more could you want?'? T. Brady...

This is a pretty immature and pompous statement coming from a quarterback who I generally looked at as pretty classy. I don't know if he was frustrated that he wasn't able to steamroll over us or from the interceptions or lingering doubts from the Carolina game, or all of the above, but something's different about this year's Brady. Coupled with the tasteless gestures of Don Davis and the New England D after injuring Ben, I am slightly amused by how the Patriots standards have dropped now that they are just a little vulnerable. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and how it will affect them in the future...
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #2
The JoKeR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 620
Default Re: Patriots Loosing Class

A few weeks ago, there was an article in (I think) sports illustrated that Brady stated he wanted to shed that "golden boy image". He's always been a classy guy, but you're right...he does seem to be loosing come of it.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:50 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I think after a while you get sick and tired of taking the high road against moron supporters. Brady has been fantastic at being the humble victor over the last few years - this seems to garner him very little respect.

I think its fussy and more than a little churlish to comment on Brady's 'lack of class' - when you have a stadium full of people willing him to lose - and some of whom who actually do flat out hate him.

We have done 'holier than thou' for the last 4 years to great effect - Don Davis certainly wasn't cheering a potential injury to Ben - just celebrating a adrenaline pumping play - the sort I seen from Steelers blitzers all night.

We are a football team and we have a football attitude - for all your 'smashmouth run it through you' attitude - a couple of posters on here obviously would like it to be a non-contact sport - but only when the Steelers are on offense.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:53 AM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Yeah, I don't see Brady's statements as being anything other than a competitor who's fired up after a big win...He knows their is a pretty intense rivalry between these teams, and his team came out on top. I don't think he was floating at all, just pumped up after a win.

Let's not start reading too deeply into the minutia here...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:19 AM   #5
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

I'm no fan of Brady but what can you say.........he comes up big when needed.
Like most clutch athletes they thrive on pressure situations and enjoy the challenge of over coming.

I don't think Brady was being cocky with his statement. He's just been through and has had success with that kind of late game scenario before.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:37 AM   #6
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

"I looked up and saw a minute and 21 seconds left and said, 'What more could you want?'" T. Brady..."

'What more could you want' from a player? That's Tom Brady. He loves being in that position. The only other player I've seen around here who wanted to be in that kind of situation as much as Brady was Larry Bird.

Last edited by hardwork; 09-26-2005 at 11:40 AM.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:01 PM   #7
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66

I'm getting sick of the Pats also, but how about the Steelers beat them? How may times do they have to come into Heinz field and hand us out @ss!! Regular season losses, AFC Championship losses. Beat Brady on a regular basis and he will shut up. As for his comments, nothing over the top. Just the truth about his play against the Steelers. And yes the truth hurts.
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #8
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
"I looked up and saw a minute and 21 seconds left and said, 'What more could you want?'" T. Brady..."

'What more could you want' from a player? That's Tom Brady. He loves being in that position. The only other player I've seen around here who wanted to be in that kind of situation as much as Brady was Larry Bird.

This is not the part of the quote to which I was referring. I'm sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the part where Brady puts himself on a pedestal from which he can laugh at what he perceives to be the irrational nature of Steeler's fans who "hate" him. The problem with his statement is that it makes Steelers fans look like we have a personally vendetta against the Patriots, which most of us - or at least I - do not. I just think it was irresponsible.

Living, you are definitely a fair and levelheaded poster, so I will try to take your advice and forget about the Brady thing, but I disagree with the contention that Brady has garnered little respect for his demeanor. There are countless posts in this, Steelers, forum extolling Brady and the Pats for class and sportsmanship - in addition to just playing great football. That is the whole reason this post is here. I'm not saying that the Patriots have a lack of class (don't know who you were quoting there either), just that it seems to be falling by the wayside - and that's disappointing because they have held themselves out to a higher standard. That's all. They're still leagues above the Ratbirds in this respect.

You are, however, dead wrong about the gestures. If you care to watch the clip again you will see that well after Ben was in pain on the ground players were waiving their hands in a "get him out of here" expression. The Steelers did absolutely no such thing.

OK, sorry for the rant , just wanted to explain myself. This, of course, is all besides the main point is that the Pats did a great job against us and we'll sure as heck be ready for them in the playoffs!
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:53 PM   #9
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

How about Bill B. just saying Brady was "good" in the 4th. Yeah any "good" QB could have taken the same hits and been perfect. He still could have remained cliche and given Brady a little more credit.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:27 PM   #10
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

there something different about brady ever since after winning his third superbowl, he has a different vide comin out of him like he's really an asshole who was fronting all these years and now that he's proven he's a winner he's just letting it all out. i hope he gets popped in the mouth cause i don't like the way brady is now
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote