Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-11-2007, 12:36 AM   #21
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545
Default Re: Oh, the irony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
A word that THEY made so important in the FIRST PLACE ??

Was this word which originally meant simply the color black in latin not "made important in the FIRST place" by savage, demented, hypocritical, cowardly, muderous, honorless, thieving rapists as a means to belittle and or make less than human (in their unenlightened eyes and minds),......other human beings ?

Yes,...much to the 'dishonor' of the Black community the word was taken and used albeit with an entirely different context than before. And this can be considered foolish.

But at the same time,......let's not forget EXACTLY why this word bears so much signifigance in this nation. (And across the rest of the world as well )
Thank you ! I would not have been so kind.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:39 AM   #22
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
While the Italians weren't as oppressed on as large as a level here. I often take "WOP" or "Dego" in stride. No "our word" BS.

The mannerisms of the Italians are funny. I do talk with my hands and I love a slice of pizza or a bowl of gnocchi. The NAACP has created their own monster so they can slay it and be the hero in the end...

That was probably a little harsh... Sorry if its taken that way, but the ENTIRE world needs to lighten up just a bit...
I think you may need to do a little research on why there was a NEED for the NAACP to even have to exist in the first place.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 AM   #23
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This is getting off course. Let me show another example of political correctness run amok. I saw a news show lately where the news anchor (who was black) was calling black French people African-Americans for fear of using some term that wasn't PC. The way words accumulate power they don't deserve is when people go out of their way to assign too much of that power to those words.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 AM   #24
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

What's sad is that it's not the common everyday people that have brought light to the hyprocisy of the world's use of words. It is those with some power, whether it be media, political, ethnical, or even theological. It seems those in the position of power want to play nicey nice with everyone and it just doesn't work that way.

Not everyone in the world will get along with everyone else. I'm not saying that this should give a reason for being racist, sexist, or some other kind of bigot but instead that if you aren't in agreement with those around you, don't hang around with them.

What's even sadder is that there have been studies done that show if you take two people who are different in one fashion or another, and put them in a specific boundry that they will work together, have respect for each other, and otherwise live without using derogatory comments towards each other.

While it is unfortunate that there are still people in the world today who think slavery shouldn't have been abolished, it is also unfortunate that individual groups of people continue to use words that they would choose others not to use in describing them.

When individuals forego the NAACP and make a stand for their own self value, then and only then do I believe that we will see a change in how people use words describe others.

Bottom line - We are all God's children. And while I may occassionally be in disagreement with my brother or sister, I love them, respect them, and want to fellowship with them!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #25
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
When is the NAACP going to do away with the word designated by the "C" in their organization's name? Seems to me that is a racist term as well....
hmmmmmmm....
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

One of the biggest hinderances to genuine liberal causes is the input of the evangelical extreme left.

For example, there is at least one guy on the Muslim Council of Britain who has, in the past, strongly hinted that the Fatwa (death sentence handed down by the Supreme Leader of Iran) issued against Salman Rushdie could somehow be justified and that Rushdie was somehow to blame.

He basically sentenced himself to death by writing a book.

There are members of the extreme left that think the term accident 'black spot' is derogatory to black people.

All this does, is allow those on the conservative right to point at these nut-jobs and condemn the whole liberal movement as head-in-the-clouds nonsense and to keeping on parading their 'average joe' racism as something that is acceptable.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #27
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
One of the biggest hinderances to genuine liberal causes is the input of the evangelical extreme left.

For example, there is at least one guy on the Muslim Council of Britain who has, in the past, strongly hinted that the Fatwa (death sentence handed down by the Supreme Leader of Iran) issued against Salman Rushdie could somehow be justified and that Rushdie was somehow to blame.

He basically sentenced himself to death by writing a book.

There are members of the extreme left that think the term accident 'black spot' is derogatory to black people.

All this does, is allow those on the conservative right to point at these nut-jobs and condemn the whole liberal movement as head-in-the-clouds nonsense and to keeping on parading their 'average joe' racism as something that is acceptable.
Regardless of political ties...it is almost ALWAYS the uneducated, who are racist. For instance, I think you will find more racists among redneck liberal Dixie-crats than among religious conservatives.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #28
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

You know what I did when I saw footage of this "ceremony?"

I chuckled.

Why? Because they're burying a word that should have been dead and buried long ago. Or, at least it would have been had black folks not created one huge double standard by using the word in a "different context" and try to justify it, then turn around and persecute a white person for using it because it's offensive and racist. I don't give a damn what context it's used in - I don't like the word, it's a disgusting and derogatory word, and it should not be used by anyone, anywhere, at any time. It's amazing, and sad, that it took a pissed off stand-up comic and a shock jock for the NAACP to finally come to that realization and speak out against it.

The media and especially the entertainment industry should also take their fair share of the blame for the double standard taking hold.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #29
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
You know what I did when I saw footage of this "ceremony?"

I chuckled.

Why? Because they're burying a word that should have been dead and buried long ago. Or, at least it would have been had black folks not created one huge double standard by using the word in a "different context" and try to justify it, then turn around and persecute a white person for using it because it's offensive and racist. I don't give a damn what context it's used in - I don't like the word, it's a disgusting and derogatory word, and it should not be used by anyone, anywhere, at any time. It's amazing, and sad, that it took a pissed off stand-up comic and a shock jock for the NAACP to finally come to that realization and speak out against it.

The media and especially the entertainment industry should also take their fair share of the blame for the double standard taking hold.
And the Gold Medal Quote goes to X-T!!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #30
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Regardless of political ties...it is almost ALWAYS the uneducated, who are racist. For instance, I think you will find more racists among redneck liberal Dixie-crats than among religious conservatives.
Well sure, i'd use the term 'ignorant' (in the proper sense) rather than uneducated.

I guess that people with a lack of money, tend have a less varied experience of what life has to offer and are therefore basing their opinions on what others have told them to believe.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote