Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts
Default polamalu ranked 6th best again

appearantly c. judge has been stealing priscos notes. you can see all the top 5 positional rankings. prisco does offense and judge does defense, but dont expect to find any steelers except for kreider who is "ranked" as the 4th best fb.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/positional-rankings/DEF/S

Quote:

1. Ed Reed, Baltimore: A big-time hitter who can cover the field. Like teammate Ray Lewis, he's slowing down, but he's smart, anticipates plays, has good range and reads quarterbacks as well as anyone in the game. He's also a great technician and a team leader.

2. Brian Dawkins, Philadelphia: Two years ago, he was supposed to be slipping. Yeah, sure. He might not have the quickest feet, but so what? He's smart, anticipates plays and rarely is caught out of position. He's also the quarterback of a defense that propelled the Eagles to division championships five of the past six years.

3. Adrian Wilson, Arizona: Pete loves this guy, and I can see why. He's murder on quarterbacks, whether it's sacking them or picking them off. He's physical, has outstanding speed and decent range. Plus, he's a hard worker. He was named to his first Pro Bowl last season, and it's about time.

4. Dawan Landry, Baltimore: The brother of Redskins' rookie LaRon, he is smart, physical and instinctive. He's OK in coverage, but, at 220 pounds, is a force in the box. I was reticent to put him here, but I had a couple scouts insist that he belongs. "He plays like a seasoned vet," said one.

5. Kerry Rhodes, N.Y. Jets: He's a secret outside of New York, but that won't last. Rhodes has great size, good range and good speed. He's also fluid, able to turn out of his backpedal to cover a deep receiver. The Jets kept moving people in and out of the position until he showed up, and watch him. You'll discover why.

Next best: Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh -- I would've liked to have had him higher, Steelers' fans, but he just didn't have a good season. I know, he played hurt. The guy is tough, but he didn't play well. He makes it here because he's someone opponents must watch. He's physical, can cover the field and is the leader of the Pittsburgh defense.
dawan landry? i guess clark missed the ravens/colts playoff game.

forget about troy, how does landry even beat out the likes of s. taylor, r. williams, c. hope, or bob sanders?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: polamalu ranked 6th best again

I wonder if this will figure into the current negotiations for Troy's extension?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

At least he gave an explanation on why Troy isn't higher, next year he'll be # 1 though.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
At least he gave an explanation on why Troy isn't higher, next year he'll be # 1 though.
how bout this for an explanation in regards to landry?

Quote:
I was reticent to put him here, but I had a couple scouts insist that he belongs. "He plays like a seasoned vet," said one.
im thinking he has barely even seen landry played and looked at a stat sheet and called a few scouts for help. why not place one of the many "seasoned vets" in the league at #4?

another fine example why these rankings are to be taken worth a grain of salt. plus if landry is so great im assuming he has some major character issues just waiting to surface based on his low draft position.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #5
Dynasty
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2396

Well it certainly means more to me that KC Joyner had Reed reanked as the number 1 most over rated safety in the NFL.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Dude's on crack. I could see Troy as the 6th best player in the NFL overall, but not the 6th best safety.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Dawkins? Ok the guy is still very good and belongs in the top five...But I would take Troy's youth over him any day...As for Landry and Rhodes ahead of Troy...Yes they had could seasons and Troy had an off year....But Troy's off year is better then most safties in the NFL.....Plus you would think the body of work that Troy has put together the past three seasons would count for something? I guess not with those idiots at CBS sportsline........lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #8
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

I think more likely these writers are getting so used to receiving flack from Steelers' Nation, when they seemingly under appreciate are talent, that they are now in the habit of firing off defensive explanations.

Nice try .... I think I'll email him anyways.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #9
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Wow! Thats ALMOST as ridiculous as Peter King's ranking of Big Ben at 17 (below Cutler, Romo, Leinert, and Vince Young) HA!
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:48 AM   #10
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

I cant believ Bob Sanders isnt in the top 5 either. He tore us up in 2005 when we played them in the regular season.