Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,096 Times in 3,457 Posts
Default Chris Chambers- DUI

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chris Chambers was arrested early Saturday on charges of driving while impaired and speeding.

Chambers, 28, was arrested by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police around 2:30 a.m., several miles south of downtown, said police Capt. Lisa Goelz. He faces charges of driving while impaired, speeding, and reckless driving, she said.
i only note yesterdays news cause this case is a bit unique. we finally have more of a high profile player (#1 WR) breaking the conduct policy, and i think he has no priors (not sure though).

the question is, with the zero tolerance does he get a warning? 2 games? 4 games? any suspension will definitely hurt the dolphins.

im thinking 2 games.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #2
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: Chris Chambers- DUI

Here we go again Tony. When are these players/superstar people gonna ever learn? I am just so tired of hearing about these people thinking obviously that they can do Just What Ever They Want. I dont understand and I guess I never will.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,207 Times in 3,233 Posts

Tank Johnson got whacked after his driving while sort of impaired charge was piled on top of his priors, but I thought you were not suspended for your first violation of the substance abuse policy (which I suppose covers abusing the legal substance of alcohol to the point you are illegally DWI).

Hard to believe with all the $$ these guys are making they do not call cabs or hire a limo for the night, although I suppose then you cannot sport about behind the wheel of your $150K ride - life is full of tough choices for the modern pro athlete.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

I'd drink too if I played for the Dolphins...

Yes, Tony, this should be interesting, but Goodell won't falter. He'll give Chambers a fair suspension because if he buckles now to profile players he'll never get the respect he's trying to earn.

He has to follow through now, but I DO see sweeping some stuff under the rug later on in his career, after he has himself established. Like when Ray Lewis stabs more people in 2009.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

If he gets suspended that leaves the dolphins with no reliable receivers, not like chambers is really reliable, but I just wouldn't want to be Trent Green without Chambers
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #6
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
If he gets suspended that leaves the dolphins with no reliable receivers, not like chambers is really reliable, but I just wouldn't want to be Trent Green without Chambers
What are you talking about? Trent Green won't ever have to take the field. That's why they drafted a KR at 9th overall. He's gonna run every one back...

Old 07-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,096 Times in 3,457 Posts

Quote:
but I thought you were not suspended for your first violation of the substance abuse policy (which I suppose covers abusing the legal substance of alcohol to the point you are illegally DWI).

yeah, i think a 1st dui just led to being introduced into the substance abuse program with more testing and not an actual suspension. however goodell has alot more leeway now. i guess the players union would fight pretty hard if the commish tried to break precedent and suspend him.

could this fall under the "conduct policy" and totally circumvent the "substance abuse policy"?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #8
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
What are you talking about? Trent Green won't ever have to take the field. That's why they drafted a KR at 9th overall. He's gonna run every one back...

Oh I forgot about that , stupid me
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,207 Times in 3,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
yeah, i think a 1st dui just led to being introduced into the substance abuse program with more testing and not an actual suspension. however goodell has alot more leeway now. i guess the players union would fight pretty hard if the commish tried to break precedent and suspend him.

could this fall under the "conduct policy" and totally circumvent the "substance abuse policy"?
In that case the conduct policy would completely supersede the progressive discipline of the substance abuse policy; my bet is the NFLPA figures it will need to fight that issue out at some point, so if Chambers gets time off this may be when the fight occurs.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #10
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post

Dont be all knockin my man Teddy Ginn now.