Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #121
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201
Default Re: Vick indicted

NIKE DROPS THE FIRST SHOE ON VICK

After nearly 48 hours of hemming and hawing, one of the companies that pays Falcons quarterback Mike Vick a lot of money has taken action in response to Vick's indictment on federal conspiracy charges. The AP reports that Nike has decided to suspend the release of the latest product line named for Vick.

Retailers have been told that the Nike Air Zoom Vick V will not be distributed. Other Vick-related Nike products will remain in stores.

We've previously reported that Nike is expected not to abruptly dump Vick, but to eventually part ties with him in a move that will appear to be somewhat mutual.

Oh, and the story is already front-page news on the website owned and operated by the NFL.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #122
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,425 Times in 1,661 Posts

How many teammates is vick going to take down with him or other players from different teams??? Someone like portis, who doesn't think dog fightings that bid of deal?
Any guesses...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #123
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
How many teammates is vick going to take down with him or other players from different teams??? Someone like portis, who doesn't think dog fightings that bid of deal?
Any guesses...
Be careful what you wish for - you may recall Joey Porter had a dog that killed a neighbor's miniature horse; that dog may just have been naturally aggressive but maybe not. The dog was not put down but was returned by Porter to California (to live with Porter's other dogs?)

Once these sorts of endeavors start unraveling they often go in unfortunate directions.

I am sure the NFL wants this contained.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #124
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Blank 'distressed' by Vick situation

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Thursday the team is "exploring our options" in the wake of Michael Vick's federal indictment on dogfighting charges.

"We know you're anxious to hear more from us regarding the indictment of Michael Vick and its implications to the Falcons," Blank said in his first public comment on the matter, issued as a "statement to fans."

"Please be assured that we are working diligently on exploring our options and getting the right people involved in this situation," Blank said in the statement.

"This is an emotionally charged and complicated matter. There are a wide range of interests and legal issues that need to be carefully considered as we move ahead, including our need to respect the due process that Michael is entitled to. Also, this situation affects everyone ? our club, our players and associates, our sponsors, our fans and the Atlanta community among them ? so we must consider all of our customers in making any decisions.

"Given the differing perspectives and strong feelings around this issue, we probably won't make everyone happy, but we are committed to doing the right thing. As the owner of this club that's, ultimately, my responsibility," Blank said.

"In the meantime, know that I'm saddened and distressed about this ? not for myself, but for our fans and community who have been so loyal to us. We will do our very best to continue to earn your support," he concluded.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ge_tab_newstab

Once a growing bad publicity snowball starts downhill it is hard to out run it; ask Don Imus - i think Vick goes on a leave of absence with pay, which will result in Blank taking the biggest hit as Vick fans boycott a half-filled Georgia Dome while the Falcons go 4-12 with Joey Harrington taking the snaps.

Think Bobby Petrino wonders why in the world he left Louisville for this?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #125
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Blank 'distressed' by Vick situation

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Thursday the team is "exploring our options" in the wake of Michael Vick's federal indictment on dogfighting charges.

"We know you're anxious to hear more from us regarding the indictment of Michael Vick and its implications to the Falcons," Blank said in his first public comment on the matter, issued as a "statement to fans."

"Please be assured that we are working diligently on exploring our options and getting the right people involved in this situation," Blank said in the statement.

"This is an emotionally charged and complicated matter. There are a wide range of interests and legal issues that need to be carefully considered as we move ahead, including our need to respect the due process that Michael is entitled to. Also, this situation affects everyone ? our club, our players and associates, our sponsors, our fans and the Atlanta community among them ? so we must consider all of our customers in making any decisions.

"Given the differing perspectives and strong feelings around this issue, we probably won't make everyone happy, but we are committed to doing the right thing. As the owner of this club that's, ultimately, my responsibility," Blank said.

"In the meantime, know that I'm saddened and distressed about this ? not for myself, but for our fans and community who have been so loyal to us. We will do our very best to continue to earn your support," he concluded.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ge_tab_newstab

Once a growing bad publicity snowball starts downhill it is hard to out run it; ask Don Imus - i think Vick goes on a leave of absence with pay, which will result in Blank taking the biggest hit as Vick fans boycott a half-filled Georgia Dome while the Falcons go 4-12 with Joey Harrington taking the snaps.

Think Bobby Petrino wonders why in the world he left Louisville for this?
I would fall over laughing.. .if Vick is benched, or gone for a year, and Harrington takes the team to the SB... or wins it! Heck, I would even route for 'em... because in that case, they would have done the right thing, provided he is guilty ( I REALLY haven't followed it, so I had to put that caveat in).

However, Everyone ALSO needs to remember that a Grand Jury does not try a case... they, in MANY cases, though not all... are very close to a rubber stamp. As the old saying goes, the grand jury would indict a ham sandwich if asked to.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #126
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,425 Times in 1,661 Posts

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for - you may recall Joey Porter had a dog that killed a neighbor's miniature horse; that dog may just have been naturally aggressive but maybe not. The dog was not put down but was returned by Porter to California (to live with Porter's other dogs?)

Once these sorts of endeavors start unraveling they often go in unfortunate directions.

I am sure the NFL wants this contained.
I'm not wishing for it, just thinking this has possibility's of getting very big and ugly. And yeah who knows where it could go or end.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:59 PM   #127
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This is all Bobby Petrino's doing. He's a genius. Think about it. Blank left him with a QB he didn't want (Vick) and traded Schaub away before he had any say in the matter. Petrino wants Brian Brohm, so he leaks all this dog fighting stuff to the media, Vick gets caught, the Falcons have a bad year under Joey Harrington, and they draft Brohm with the 4th pick in next years draft. The beauty is that he gets a pass for having a bad first year because none of these doings are his own.

Hey, why not?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:20 PM   #128
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
This is all Bobby Petrino's doing. He's a genius. Think about it. Blank left him with a QB he didn't want (Vick) and traded Schaub away before he had any say in the matter. Petrino wants Brian Brohm, so he leaks all this dog fighting stuff to the media, Vick gets caught, the Falcons have a bad year under Joey Harrington, and they draft Brohm with the 4th pick in next years draft. The beauty is that he gets a pass for having a bad first year because none of these doings are his own.

Hey, why not?
This disaster does give Petrino a free pass for what already was going to be a difficult season. Whatever happens will be blamed (deservedly as far as I am concerned) on Mr. Mexico.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #129
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
This disaster does give Petrino a free pass for what already was going to be a difficult season. Whatever happens will be blamed (deservedly as far as I am concerned) on Mr. Mexico.
True,this franchise has risen and fallen with Vick since he was drafted.He's been labeled a coach killer (and I think he is).

Think about it...Dan Reeves was fired for poor performance...from Vick.

Jim Mora Jr was fired for poor performance...from Vick.

I am pretty sure Petrino doesn't want Vick as his QB.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #130
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2277

i hope this piece of junk sits in jail for 40years......i hate this kind of stupidity
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote