Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #481
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403
Default Re: Vick indicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Sounds like there is some concern Mike might go off message in a manner that "everyone" (Judge Hudson?) might take "out of context."
Hmmm, which part might we take out of context?

The part where he systematically funded a criminal enterprise for six years?

The part where he tortured defenseless animals?

The part where he "accepted complete responsibility" in July when his lawyer read a statement saying that he was innocent and looked forward to "clearing [my] good name?"

I was amazed in the first place that any attorney would agree to let him to be on a live call-in show. Those callers would eat him alive (personally, I was looking forward to hearing that!); this is a man with zero poise when he's put on the spot or criticized. And by the way, he WAS reading from notes yesterday at his apology party. He kept looking down to make sure he'd covered all the points his attorneys had carefully rehearsed with him. They may have been his own words, but trust me, he was instructed to follow the outline on the paper, and he practiced every single one of those words long and hard before he got up there.

He'll show up on Barbara Walters or Dateline or somewhere "safe" where he doesn't have to interact with an audience and his interviewer will lob softballs and gaze sympathetically at him the whole time. He'll get multiple takes to practice his crying on cue.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:38 AM   #482
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
In a few weeks Poindexter might decide the prevailing winds are blowing Vick's way back home.

Vick's supporters apparently outnumbered the critics in Richmond this morning.

As his gray Range Rover rolled up Main Street at 10:19 a.m., Vick was greeted with cheers and women jumping up and down and signs that said, "Ookie! We love you!" Ookie? After he walked up a ramp through the double doors that led to the courthouse, his supporters sang, "We Shall Overcome," and chanted, "We love Mike."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2992999

"We Shall Overcome?" Are you friggin kidding me? That is an insult to every person who marched, bled and died for civil rights in this country. This is not a case of a man being denied human dignity just because of the color of his skin. This is a case of a man who participated in illegal activity, thought he was above the law because of his celebrity, and got caught. The fact that he's black does not give him right to claim he's being persecuted. Priviledge comes with responsibilty, Mike. Too bad you did not learn that lesson sooner.

(OK...vent over...)
Old 08-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #483
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2221

DAMAGE CONTROL! DAMAGE CONTROL! Somebody play the Jesus card!!!

?Dog fighting is a terrible thing, and I did reject it. I'm upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God. And I think that's the right thing to do as of right now.?
? Michael Vick

?God entrusted animals to the stewardship of those whom he created in his own image?

"It is contrary to human dignity to cause animals to suffer or die needlessly"

The "golden rule" proposed by Jesus: "Whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to others"

Sorry Mikey...I don?t see the resemblance.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #484
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Quote:
“Dog fighting is a terrible thing, and I did reject it. I'm upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God. And I think that's the right thing to do as of right now.”
– Michael Vick
Well, duh.....Mike, ya think it's the right thing to do "as of right now?" I don't expect him to say "you know, I still think dogfighting is a lot of fun and I really don't get all the fuss, but if it'll earn me less jail time, then I guess religion is the way to go"?

He can find God or whomever he wants, but if my feelings mirror those of most people, then most of us think that he's got years and years worth of actions and good behavior down the road before he'll begin to convince anyone that he's honestly remorseful for what he did (as opposed to honestly remorseful that he got caught).

Should he get another chance to play football? Sure. Let him give it a try. We know the Steelers wouldn't touch him if he were the only quarterback alive on the planet, so no worries there. I want to see which desperate enough owner tries to sell Michael Vick to local and national sponsors and season ticket holders. And I want to see $130 million man Michael Vick sign a contract for league base salary. The spectacle should be pretty entertaining.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:55 AM   #485
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
"We Shall Overcome?" Are you friggin kidding me? That is an insult to every person who marched, bled and died for civil rights in this country. This is not a case of a man being denied human dignity just because of the color of his skin. This is a case of a man who participated in illegal activity, thought he was above the law because of his celebrity, and got caught. The fact that he's black does not give him right to claim he's being persecuted. Priviledge comes with responsibilty, Mike. Too bad you did not learn that lesson sooner.

(OK...vent over...)
A big AMEN to you, sister. I couldn't agree more.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #486
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post

(OK...vent over...)
Ah, you don't mince words either, I see!

I agree completely.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #487
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2221

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
Should he get another chance to play football? Sure. Let him give it a try. We know the Steelers wouldn't touch him if he were the only quarterback alive on the planet, so no worries there.
Thats because our running game can usually stand on its own. No QB needed.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #488
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,809 Times in 2,684 Posts

When Vick gets around to speaking i am confident he will show up on Tom Joyner

If I had a link to the audio i would provide it, but in explaining Vick's absence from his show this morning, Atlanta news played audio in which Tom Joyner said:

"Vick knows where his support is"

"The time does not fit the crime" and

"Black people are forgiving"

Glad to see racism is only a problem for white folks.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:04 PM   #489
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
I want to see which desperate enough owner tries to sell Michael Vick to local and national sponsors and season ticket holders. And I want to see $130 million man Michael Vick sign a contract for league base salary. The spectacle should be pretty entertaining.
Here's 3 owners right off the top of my head

Dan Snyder
Jerry Jones
Al Davis
Old 08-28-2007, 07:10 PM   #490
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
Here's 3 owners right off the top of my head

Dan Snyder
Jerry Jones
Al Davis
Yep, the exact same ones I thought of. It'll be quite a show.