Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #51
Chronicgaming
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 1067
Default Re: Vick indicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah! Blah! Blah! View Post
Nope I am a dreaded Pats fan.
Oh no... Not again... (j/k LITP and Blah! Blah! Blah!)

Regarding Vick... What a waste. Both Vick brothers have done nothing but screw themselves out of using the talents that they have for the game. I don't see a trial until after the season, but I hope the right punishment is given and that he doesn't get off light.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:26 AM   #52
C-BusSteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3205

heres what i dont get about this: a couple weeks ago attorneys said there was no way vick was going to be indicted....but he was-did they find more evidence since then or something? i mean how are they goin to build a case

Thanks Steelersfanmx
C-BusSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #53
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicgaming View Post
Regarding Vick... What a waste. Both Vick brothers have done nothing but screw themselves out of using the talents that they have for the game. I don't see a trial until after the season, but I hope the right punishment is given and that he doesn't get off light.

In the meantime, I hope Goddell does the right thing and suspend him for the season...I mean come on! A QB playing with a federal indictment on him. How would that look?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #54
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
.......a reference to Marvin Lewis.

Would I let you down?
My bad I thought that you were referencing Gary Sheffield.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #55
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah! Blah! Blah! View Post
No way Vick walks. Prez Busch passed a bill in early may regarding animal fighting. This is the perfect situation to set an example. Vick may plea-bargain at best. Lets see how much he talks and if there are any other repercussions in the leaque. Gamblings could be a big issue as well regarding players.
Well, no doubt Vick is still in serious legal trouble, but you can?t prosecute him under a law passed in May, for conduct that occurred before the law as passed.

Quote:
heres what i dont get about this: a couple weeks ago attorneys said there was no way vick was going to be indicted....but he was-did they find more evidence since then or something? i mean how are they goin to build a case
If the Feds indict you, they are very confident they already have a case.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #56
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-BusSteeler View Post
The difference is that the case was originally 'investigated' (and I use that term loosely) by Gerald Poindexter who is a Commonwealth Attorney - and only a part time one at that.

Every other day there was a press release or interview from this guy saying that there was evidence of a criminal act, then they following day he would contradict himself and moan about how difficult it was to get good evidence.

He also played a major part in delaying the application for a search warrant - all the while blaming it on the local Sheriff but actually doing nothing to help the situation himself.

Eventually Poindexter was removed from the case and the FBI took over - since then it has been a professional job and press releases have become much less frequent.

If you ask me, Poindexter never wanted the job - he was underqualified and didn't want the reputation that would go with bringing down one of Atlanta's most recognised athletes - when he was finally removed we heard alot of sour grapes and a worrying claim that he felt the case was being made on a racial discrimination basis.

That last part could explain why he wanted no part of the investigation - to the point of sidetracking it altogether.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #57
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Since Peter King bashing is always in vogue, here is his take:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...8/vick.league/

The NFL is not going to preemptively strike against a player with a relatively clean slate, as Vick has.

Relatively clean slate? Is that like sorta pregnant or kinda having a STD?

Of course, I know what he intended. It just sound strange to me.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #58
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Quote:
I've thought from the start that someone intentionally "leaked" that there was insufficient evidence on Vick to sort of throw everyone (maybe even Vick himself) off the scent a bit. It gave the Feds more time to build their case without the 24/7 media scrutiny they were currently facing. If you noticed, the coverage dropped way off after that announcement.

The guy deserves a trial and to have all the facts come out. But let's be honest....where there is this much smoke (read the affidavit - it's meticulously detailed), there is almost surely fire. And if he is indeed guilty as charged, he deserves the maximum penalty allowed under federal law.

There are no words to describe how I feel about a person who not only participates in this heinous activity, but someone who could viciously, heartlessly and cruelly kill these already brutalized dogs in ways that most reasonable humans couldn't even bear to think about.

Any person who hangs, electrocutes, or slams defenseless dogs to the ground to kill them is a waste of a human life. End of story.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #59
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,313 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Since Peter King bashing is always in vogue, here is his take:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...8/vick.league/

The NFL is not going to preemptively strike against a player with a relatively clean slate, as Vick has.

Relatively clean slate? Is that like sorta pregnant or kinda having a STD?

Of course, I know what he intended. It just sound strange to me.
Ehh, it's all relative - if "relatively clean slate" means he hasn't been charged and convicted with any crimes, then yes, it's accurate (although a regular Joe would have went down HARD trying to smuggle a water bottle with a hidden compartment containing pot resin through airport security). If it means he isn't a lousy excuse for a human being, then it's completely inaccurate.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #60
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,269 Times in 2,306 Posts

Not only federal charges there are probably local charges he's going to have to deal with too. Federal supersedes local but maybe there are some different charges between the both.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote