Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
jtdapit
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 862
Default Porter welcomed???

When porter returns to Heinz field this year, will he receive a welcome with cheering? Or a barrage of boos? Either way i think it would affect him. Coming home to cheers would make him miss it... make him feel good. Coming home to boos would make him hate himself for what he did. Either way i can't wait. Cause when he comes through the gates... I know i won't know what to do.

This defense could be one of the best you've seen. For a long time. - Larry Foote
jtdapit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
Jman
Team Captain

Member Number: 5903
Default Re: Porter welcomed???

He's no longer a Steeler...tough call...
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
jtdapit
Draft Prospect

Right? But do we still praise him for all the years or boo him for leaving. Im stuck.

This defense could be one of the best you've seen. For a long time. - Larry Foote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

When I'm at the game, I'm definately not going to cheer him nor will I boo him. He's just another Dolphin player in my book. IMO, I don't think Porter really cares one way or the other if I boo him or cheer him. He's making his big bucks in Miami now. He's content.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #5
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
When I'm at the game, I'm not going to cheer him or boo him. He's just another Dolphin player in my book. IMO, I don't think Porter really cares about how the fans in Heinz will welcome him. He's making his big bucks in Miami now. He's content.
Actually, 83, I think he might care just a little; whatever he thought of how his situation was handled by the organization, he loved being a Steeler and loved the craziness of the fans. If I were going to that game (oh, I WISH!), I would cheer for Peezy. Despite his extreme motormouth and the tendency to frequently stick his foot in that mouth, he backed it up with his play and I loved the fire that he brought to the team. He was a big part of the reason we were Super Bowl champs two seasons ago, and for that he will always have my appreciation, no matter where he plays.
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

He also has my appreciation. That's why I stated I will not boo him. But I find it very hard to cheer for a player on the opposing team. I don't care who it is. Franco Harris or Joey Porter. I'll save my cheers/voice for Timmons and Woodley. I showed Porter my appreciation over the last eight years by cheering him on and helping to pay his salary.

I still don't think Porter would care one way or the other if I cheered him or booed him, but to each their own.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlejazzbird View Post
Actually, 83, I think he might care just a little; whatever he thought of how his situation was handled by the organization, he loved being a Steeler and loved the craziness of the fans. If I were going to that game (oh, I WISH!), I would cheer for Peezy. Despite his extreme motormouth and the tendency to frequently stick his foot in that mouth, he backed it up with his play and I loved the fire that he brought to the team. He was a big part of the reason we were Super Bowl champs two seasons ago, and for that he will always have my appreciation, no matter where he plays.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

There will definitely be a lot of haters booing out there, but if I was at the game I would do like 83 said
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
jtdapit
Draft Prospect

Ok, well lets say this happens, gameday. joey has an interview with espn ( we know he will) and he says something like " Yeah there my home team but that doesnt mean anything, im not holding anything back, im gonna still be joey" would you still cheer? I would take my seat. thats about it.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #10
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5008

I would give him a standing ovation during the pre-game introductions. He has earned it; see 2005 divisional playoff game vs. Indy. But after that he is an opponent, and if he happened to sack Ben during the game, and got up and did his kick, I would then in turn, BOO him.
1207 is offline   Reply With Quote