Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-12-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Rollercoaster Ride

Well Steelers fans I guess now I have sampled life outside the 'bubble' of the steady-as-you-like Patriots world - where our biggest worries are 1 week holdouts....

It has been an up and down ride all the way - the initial optimism of a new season, to the double whammy of losing Plaxico to the Giants and having your loyalty spilt in half over the Hines Ward contract episode.

The pre-season was mostly a disaster from an outsiders perspective and the doubters were queuing up to give Ben a nudge into the Ryan leaf category - the offense look stagnant and the Steelers faithful were wracked with doubt.

Then came week1 and the rout of the lowly Titans - now your back ontop of the world and Wille Parker is the second coming of Ladainian Tomlinson....

So heres to 15 more weeks of more ups and downs than your average loop-the-loop

Cheers

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Rollercoaster Ride

We seem to have more ups n downs than anybody.. injuries to the Oline a few years ago was a Huge one..the never coming out to live up to your potential of Plax, the worry of Kendrell not staying healthy and Foote not playing all that well till he got his shot as a starter and then never looked back, Ben having a rough time late in the season, Duce staying healthy, Chad Scott playing like a pro bowler one series and then a rookie the next..the list goes on and on.

Yeah there will be ups n downs, but the marks of good teams like the Steelers and Patriots is being able to stay strong and keep plugging away without missing a beat!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:00 PM   #3
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Well Steelers fans I guess now I have sampled life outside the 'bubble' of the steady-as-you-like Patriots world - where our biggest worries are 1 week holdouts....

I guess you dont have to worry about losing both your offensive and defensive coaches or losing two middle linebackers Bruschi being the heart and soul of the defense and replace him with injury prone Chad Brown. Yeah there's nothing to worry about in Patriots world
Old 09-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #4
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Then came week1 and the rout of the lowly Titans - now your back ontop of the world and Wille Parker is the second coming of Ladainian Tomlinson....
Instead of chanting LT, we'll be chanting WILLIE !!! WILLIE !!!!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:51 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by figg
I guess you dont have to worry about losing both your offensive and defensive coaches or losing two middle linebackers Bruschi being the heart and soul of the defense and replace him with injury prone Chad Brown. Yeah there's nothing to worry about in Patriots world
You know what Im hearing Figg?

Someone who regurgitates everything he reads on ESPN.com, including facile descriptions such as 'heart and soul'...without your heart you die....I dont think we died yet...do you?

Maybe you think I forgot about those losses, is that it?

Either way, we seem to be managing ok.

Cheers

NM
Old 09-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #6
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

[QUOTE=Livinginthe past]You know what Im hearing Figg?

Someone who regurgitates everything he reads on ESPN.com, including facile descriptions such as 'heart and soul'...without your heart you die....I dont think we died yet...do you? No I dont. But to come in here like everything is rosie in Patsie land is a joke! The leader of your defense had a stroke. Thats not a worry?

Maybe you think I forgot about those losses, is that it? Your the one talking about the Steelers rollercoaster lol. Worry about your own. You started this silly thread and came off like a pompous ass to me. "Your team is on a rollercoaster and everything is perfect with my team"

Either way, we seem to be managing ok. So far so good. Yeah after one game everything is gravy.
Cheers Save it

Last edited by figg; 09-13-2005 at 12:24 PM.
figg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:42 PM   #7
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Roller Coaster rides are a apart of being a football fan, or fanatic. You live and die with the injury reports. One thing that will always hold true for us is we are a run first offense. And two we play great defense. Regardless of the substitute. Being a die hard, is just that. It can be pain stakingly heart breaking at times, but we Steelers fan wouldnt have it any other way. I actually told my wife early Sunday morning," Here we go again" 16+ weeks of good ole nailbiting fun? It is harder for us fans to get over a loss , than it is for the players.

I was born Bleeding Black and Gold, and I will Die Bleeding Black and Gold, and somewhere in between I`ll be riding that emotional rollercoaster. And I wouldnt have it any other way.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #8
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:

It has been an up and down ride all the way - the initial optimism of a new season, to the double whammy of losing Plaxico to the Giants and having your loyalty spilt in half over the Hines Ward contract episode.

The pre-season was mostly a disaster from an outsiders perspective and the doubters were queuing up to give Ben a nudge into the Ryan leaf category - the offense look stagnant and the Steelers faithful were wracked with doubt.

So heres to 15 more weeks of more ups and downs than your average loop-the-loop

Cheers

NM
Wow...talk about some backhanded compliments....
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:28 PM   #9
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Amen to that. We'll see how well they do now that they actually play some good teams outside of their divison. Yeah its only week one but we dominated the Tits, unlike your team that had some problems with the lowly Raiders.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:50 AM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

[QUOTE=figg]
Quote:
You know what Im hearing Figg?

Someone who regurgitates everything he reads on ESPN.com, including facile descriptions such as 'heart and soul'...without your heart you die....I dont think we died yet...do you? No I dont. But to come in here like everything is rosie in Patsie land is a joke! The leader of your defense had a stroke. Thats not a worry?

Maybe you think I forgot about those losses, is that it? Your the one talking about the Steelers rollercoaster lol. Worry about your own. You started this silly thread and came off like a pompous ass to me. "Your team is on a rollercoaster and everything is perfect with my team"

Either way, we seem to be managing ok. So far so good. Yeah after one game everything is gravy.
Cheers Save it
Im not sure why you have taken such offence to this thread Figg - it was just an outsiders perspective of the last few weeks in Steeler World and not intended to be patronising in any way.

The stuff you wrote about Bruschi and our Co-ordinators we knew about for some time and were able to plan for a couple of months whereas it seemed to me something crazy was happening for the Steelers every couple of days.....

I find it amusing that you call my thread 'silly' when you get involved in dumb threads with Bengal fans that last 150 pages and all seem to consist of one liners.

Each to their own I suppose.

NM