Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Thumbs up 2-0 !!!!!! We took care of business today!!!!

Way to go guys !!! 7 sacks..Troy and the defense were all over the Texans today !! Had a couple lapses on the TD drive, but overall..Just a great team win !!!!

Parker and Haynes were a good 1-2 punch, and even though the yardage wasnt quite as big as last week on the ground be we churned it out and kept the clock moving when we had too.

Ben was stellar and WR's were catching just about everything !! Bottom line is we're 2-0 and played a very good game in the heat down there.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: 2-0 !!!!!! We took care of business today!!!!

i liked how they didn't get much after the catch on those long throws, now when i talk to my friend i can just throw down anything he says about ben not being able to throw long, he always tells me that he throws 10 yards and then they get the big runs today most of those catches were long and they didn't get much after the catch great game by ben, i'm glad his confedince is rising and that's what he needs cause next week we finally get a real challenge. i can also throw down any body saying willie only did good cause it was the titans, cause jamal lewis is playing the exact same d and got shut the hell down 9 yards on 10 carries that's funny i love it.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Willie is definately doing well, cant enough of how hard he runs inside the tackles as well as outside. He's taking advantage of every shot and holdin onto the starting job.
Should be interesting next week if Bus can come back do some short yardage stuff, but either way, it's Willie's job.

Good tackling overall from the defense, ST coverage and kicking game was good. Ben was on target, OL was STELLAR, WR's, cant ask for much more.

We still have things to work on, no doubt, but we're on our way and focused!
Old 09-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Willie is definately doing well, cant enough of how hard he runs inside the tackles as well as outside. He's taking advantage of every shot and holdin onto the starting job.
Should be interesting next week if Bus can come back do some short yardage stuff, but either way, it's Willie's job.

Good tackling overall from the defense, ST coverage and kicking game was good. Ben was on target, OL was STELLAR, WR's, cant ask for much more.

We still have things to work on, no doubt, but we're on our way and focused!
Ya wanna trade Willie for one ex Bengal in ok condition - seems to lack motivation but good runner.

Call 0-1-800 BB for the deal of your life
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #5
Koopa
Living Legend

f--k that, that would be the gayest trade ever, forget corey dillion pices of shit cries when he don't get enough carries what a bitch. ya'll keep him and we'll keep a rising star.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512

It's going to be awesome to have the BUS at the end of the game when we want to run the clock out!!!
Old 09-18-2005, 04:02 PM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Hmm thought that might be the answer ...lol

Havent given up faith in CD yet....the whole team was pretty bad today - funny thing is we had good run D carolina offensive stats were pretty poor but we gave away field position with terrible pens...and how many false starts...at least 6 by my count...awful.

Still think week3 will be a big one.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:06 PM   #8
Koopa
Living Legend

hell yeah next week is going to be a big game, hopefully y'all play like they did today that would be great for me, lol, hopefully the game is on tv next week for me
Old 09-18-2005, 04:43 PM   #9
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Ya wanna trade Willie for one ex Bengal in ok condition - seems to lack motivation but good runner.

Call 0-1-800 BB for the deal of your life
WOW! Would this be a possible admission that maybe all is not exactly as it should be in Utopia?

Corey Dillon was a good pick-up last year for the Pats, but the fans took it to another level...on MB's and chat rooms across the country you Pats were WARNED that you can take the Running Back temporarily out of malcontent, but you can't take the malcontent out of the Running back.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:12 PM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Corey Dillon..I thought he was the second coming for you guys!!