Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-20-2005, 12:13 PM   #21
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default Re: Patriots/Panthers

Trolls are trolls. They post to be obnoxious, like you. They don't count, like you. Fuck off.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:16 PM   #22
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Trolls are trolls. They post to be obnoxious, like you. They don't count, like you. Fuck off.
No, thanks, but I prefer not to...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:25 PM   #23
hardwork
Banned

Then grow up. The prevailing wisdom here in Boston was that the Steelers beat us during the regular season. There were no feelings about the game, or the Steelers, other then that. What a bunch of trolls said on some internet forum does represent anything. We know who the Steelers are.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:38 PM   #24
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Then grow up. The prevailing wisdom here in Boston was that the Steelers beat us during the regular season. There were no feelings about the game, or the Steelers, other then that. What a bunch of trolls said on some internet forum does represent anything. We know who the Steelers are.
First you tell me to fuck off, then you tell me I don't matter, then you tell me to fuck off again, then you tell me to grow up, then you tell me (on an internet forum) that what is said on an internet forum doesn't matter.

Make up your mind already!
Old 09-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #25
hardwork
Banned

Well, see now, that's part of your problem suit. This isn't just another forum. This is a good group of posters. Posting BS, like 80% of Patriots fans made up excuses for lossing to the Steelers before beating them in the playoffs, doesn't fly in here. Anymore then my saying you all made up excuses for getting your ass kicked by us in the important game.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
Point of interest to me...is it a bigger concern that the Pats lost, or that they lost with about a week and a half to be ready for this game? Will watch this one, but is Bill B and staff spreading themselves to thin already? The fact it was 12 penalties shows not only getting beat, but beating yourself.
I have mixed views on the 'beating yourself' theory - on one hand its incredibly frustrating to watch mistakes pile up.

On the other it tells me that if we could have rectified even one of our troublesome areas last week (false starts, poor run blocking, pens in the redzone_ we would have been very competitive - All Davis' TD's came from a yard out after 1st and goals at the 1 - giving away that kind of field position is going to be fatal in most games)

Sometimes it can seem like sour grapes to point out that 'our team' wasn't at its best - but im sure you will admit that if you lost either Willie or Ben before next weeks game you would like you didnt have the opportunity to show your best team.

The important thing is to give props to the other team if they win and win right....

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:45 PM   #27
hardwork
Banned

"The important thing is to give props to the other team if they win and win right...."

Correct. And that's exactly what I did in the opening post: >>>Plus, Carolina played hungry. Their QB gambled a lot, and won. I like that in a QB. And they brought their physical game.

Good job Panthers. Not a good job Patriots.<<<
Old 09-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
"The important thing is to give props to the other team if they win and win right...."

Correct. And that's exactly what I did in the opening post: >>>Plus, Carolina played hungry. Their QB gambled a lot, and won. I like that in a QB. And they brought their physical game.

Good job Panthers. Not a good job Patriots.<<<
Hey Hardwork,

Not doubting you for a minute buddy!

No one finds it easy to lose...as long as we dont allow ourselves to stoop the levels of self-pity of the raiders I will be happy.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:30 PM   #29
BengalBrian
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 428

For the 2nd time since corey left, I will be bringing out the old COREY COREY mentallity... If you guys win, he will settle for awhile.. Lose and he may start crying.. Either way its a win win situation for me.. :)

I would much rather the Steelers get the loss though :)

**** the Steelers!
BengalBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:35 PM   #30
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Well, see now, that's part of your problem suit. This isn't just another forum. This is a good group of posters. Posting BS, like 80% of Patriots fans made up excuses for lossing to the Steelers before beating them in the playoffs, doesn't fly in here. Anymore then my saying you all made up excuses for getting your ass kicked by us in the important game.
Huh? What? Why is what happened at another forum by fans of YOUR team trolling my old board MY problem? They weren't representing me or my team. Let's try this again...

FACT: I posted at a DIFFERENT board last year
FACT: There were a significant number of Pats fans that posted there (probably numbering in the dozens)
FACT: All but 2-3 offered some lame assed excuse as to why they lost the Halloween game last year
FACT: All of this was clearly explained in all my previous posts

So, before you tell me to "Fuck off" again, realize this; I can only call 'em like I see 'em.