Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-20-2005, 06:41 PM   #21
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394
Default Re: Polamalu ties NFL record

Troy kind of reminds me of R. Woodson as far as instinct and aggressivness. I've seen this some where else and I like it so I'll share. Reed to Sanders as Troy is to Woodson, IMO
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #22
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelProven
Troy kind of reminds me of R. Woodson as far as instinct and aggressivness. I've seen this some where else and I like it so I'll share. Reed to Sanders as Troy is to Woodson, IMO
It is funny you would say that, check out this article.....

Quote:
When Dick LeBeau looks at Troy Polamalu, he sees the second coming of Rod Woodson, who just might be the greatest defensive back to ever play for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

LeBeau, the Steelers' innovative defensive coordinator, knows that comparing strong safeties with cornerbacks is like comparing apples to oranges. But in this case, when mentioning Polamalu and Woodson in the same breath, he's talking about a pair of unique talents who can single-handedly change the way opposing offenses try to attack the Steelers.

"Troy is a very special player," LeBeau said. "He's very similar to Rod Woodson in that he has good size and that he can really run fast. He's a very smart football player who really loves the game. I know he makes me a better coach."

link...... http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...d=478568&rfi=6
Old 09-21-2005, 06:40 PM   #23
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

I agree, but I don't think Troy will get over-confident like Woodson used to, which will hopefully make him an even better player in the long run.

Btw, I don't think the hair is religious at all. I'm not aware of any Christian denomination that forbids hair cutting, and I recall reading somewhere that he had short hair for a while but just let it go in college...
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #24
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

I'm fairly sure he does it as a throwback to his Samoan heritage, and I would be very upset if he ever cut it :P
Old 09-21-2005, 08:09 PM   #25
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

well if i see that dude that is related to polamalu at school next week (classes cancled this week cause we gonna get some of rita) i'll ask him, i won't just bring it up i'll work it into a converstation about the steelers or something. but yeah i do doubt it's a religious thing TasmanianTroy271 is probably right about it being a throwback to the heritage, cause the dude at school sometimes wheres those skirts lookin things to school.

nvm about them lookin alike i don't think they just both have that hair here's his bio from my schools website: http://www.javelinaathletics.com/foo...luaAoatoa.html
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:56 PM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanianTroy271
Injury Prone? I can't even remember him being listed as Probable! I'm sure Troy'll retire a Steeler and a Hall of Famer, barring a season ending injury or some other unforseen force. I don't see him slumping off in his later years, he may slow down, but his instinct'll just get better, and that'll make up for that.

I love his interceptions, he holds it like a hot potato, lol
he had some concussions in college. the way he hits people its not suprising and he may be due for a few more. and to think washington had to spend a #5 pick on sean taylor, supposedly the greatest safety to enter the league in years. let taylor and reed bump their chests and get all the accolades, when all is said and done polamalu should come out on top.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 05:17 PM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts

lebeau has said they were cooking up alot of things for troy in the off season and giving him free reign to roam. infact the d-coord almost seemed like a kid with his new toy on x-mas. (i think lebeau is in pittsburgh for the long haul) what does this mean for troy? he has lined up as a d-lineman in the a-gap, as the mike linebacker, as a cornerback, and as a safety. they installed the "quarter" package (not nickel or dime) that uses him as a 3rd corner. you will not see any other defensive player lining up in all 3 levels of the defense. line... backer...and backfield. he is trully a unique player and i think we are just seeing the tip of the iceburgh. he says he has much to improve on (sounds like ben and willie). he definitely deserves a contract extension and to be a top 5 paid safety in the league. im sure he wont go nowhere. but he will cost $$$$$$. the sack on carr where he turned his back to the line pretending he was running into coverage and spun around to rush was beautiful. i read an article and it hinted that that move was contrived by picking dan kreiders brain on things that would confuse him. it worked to perfection.

did you know troy has said he has never watched a whole football game. he dont like watching it. he was always too busy playing it. hes a doer not a watcher and pittsburgh definitely has a gem.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #28
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Troy, is the only player I`ve ever seen, that never stops moving. He is go,go,go,go
Old 09-22-2005, 09:18 PM   #29
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Troy is awesome. Cleve you are very right. The guy is everywhere and can be attacking from anywhere. Hope he stays in Pittsburgh for a long long time.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:23 PM   #30
Soldier4Steelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 648

yeah i cant belive the eagles gave him up. its hard to tell what people who arent steelers fans think of people like troy and ward??? cause i think ward is the best all around and top 5 wr in the league... and i think troy is the best person right now to have in any teams secondary.... werid??