Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,758 Times in 3,679 Posts
Default Re: odell thurman suspended another year

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
I have the feeling that this wouldn't have happened had Vick not gotten into trouble.
youre probably right. odells and henrys 1st suspension obviously didnt sink into some players skulls. (q-bert jones and mike vick obviously werent deterred).

however didnt goodell personally go to cincinatti and talk to the bungles a few days before thurman got arrested again? talk about pissing in the new commish's face...

regardless of the heavy hand or what is fair, the bengals deserve it and so does vick. theyre trashing up the league. its rather embarassing.

i gotta think odell wasnt being as good as he had all the bengalfans believing though. you know he was still drinking and smoking it up. henry's gonna get more time too. these guys lack self control. its just a matter of time.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

The NFL should just round up Vick, Jones, Thurman and Henry and they can spend a few seasons in here. They can learn arts and crafts (make the perfect crack pipe), they can learn how to share (drugs), they can learn pokey (if Henry doesn't know it already). That should keep all of them occupied during the offseason and during the regular season.

Also, Reverend Marvin Lewis won't have to worry about police profiling. Dogs will be safer. Underage girls will be safer. Drivers who are not drunk and hopped up on God only knows what will be safer on our roads. Strips bars will be safer.

See, problem solved. Oh and I almost forgot. Enjoy your second regular season off Odell!!! I'm sure this will do wonders with your progress as an NFL LB'er.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:32 AM   #13
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196
Default Re: Odell Thurman Denied Reinstatement

Quote:
This is the biggest bull**** I've ever seen. Odell Thurman has to sit out 2 years for failing two drug tests? He already served his one year suspension...let him back in the league already.

This is ridiculous...Pac Man paralyzes someone and no telling what else and gets a year suspension. Odell Thurman fails a couple of drug tests and is basically banned for life? And you can't tell me he's done anything worse than Chris Henry.
Roger Goodell needs to get the stick out of his @$$.
Who said your boy CH will be back next year?? Odds are pretty good that you can say bye bye to both of them.

Theres a new Sheriff in town, and his name isn't Reggie Hammond.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:37 AM   #14
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
....or if Odell could keep himself out of trouble.
But that's the thing...he did keep himself out of trouble. He complied with all of the requirements to be reinstated. He'd been working for a construction company while he was suspended.

The only thing that came up since the first suspension was the assault situation where the charges were dropped before anything even materialized.

If you want to suspend him for a season for violating the drug policy and having a DUI, fine...that's fair. But, you can't just suspend him for another season for absolutely no reason.

I have to believe (hope) that either Odell's lawyers or the players association will have something to say about it.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #15
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post

See, problem solved. Oh and I almost forgot. Enjoy your second regular season off Odell!!! I'm sure this will do wonders with your progress as an NFL LB'er.

as a steelerfan i can even imagine, but actually wonder what must be worse for bunglefans:

to see players like warric, kijana, a. smith, klingler who you know are immediate busts, or to get teased for a whole year with a player who shows so much promise and upside, only to have them turn into a bust overnight?

its a shame for pollack. he didnt deserve to get drafted by "the curse".

time to hang up the cleats, thurman, and call it a career rock on goodell!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #16
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Who said your boy CH will be back next year?? Odds are pretty good that you can say bye bye to both of them.

Theres a new Sheriff in town, and his name isn't Reggie Hammond.
Assuming Chris Henry doesn't get in trouble again, he should be back by week 10 of this season...that is if Goodell doesn't issue another phantom suspension.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:
But that's the thing...he did keep himself out of trouble. He complied with all of the requirements to be reinstated.
how do you know this is true though? just because his representative said so?

what else is the rep gonna say? "odell has been partying and smoking dope so dont bother, mr. goodell". i hope the players union get involved too, and roger throws odells most recent urine sample in their face. even theyre getting sick of being forced to protect thugs.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:17 PM   #18
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Assuming Chris Henry doesn't get in trouble again, he should be back by week 10 of this season...that is if Goodell doesn't issue another phantom suspension.
Mark my words... If this was a player on our team... I would be saying toss him now.

However the difference is... he would no longer have been a player on our team. Our history proves that.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #19
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
how do you know this is true though? just because his representative said so?

what else is the rep gonna say? "odell has been partying and smoking dope so dont bother, mr. goodell". i hope the players union get involved too, and roger throws odells most recent urine sample in their face. even theyre getting sick of being forced to protect thugs.
I don't know that it's true. But, I also have no reason to believe that it's not true. You would think that someone would've said something had he failed another drug test or something.

The whole situation seems fishy to me...it makes Goodell look like he's gone on a power trip.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #20
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

Quote:
Assuming Chris Henry doesn't get in trouble again, he should be back by week 10 of this season....
Assuming? Don't you mean hoping and praying.
rog is offline   Reply With Quote