Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 07-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
warddj86
Starter

Member Number: 4235
Question preseason power rankings anyone, let's say ben roethlisberger plays to 2005 form

1 Colts
2 Patriots
3 Chargers
4 Ravens
5 Steelers Baby!!!
6 Cincinnati Bungals
7 Broncos
8 NY Jets
9 KC Cheifs
10 Miami
11 Bills
12 Titans
13 Jaguars
14 Texans
15 Browns
16 Raiders

NFC
1 Bears
2 Saints
3 Eagles
4 Cowboys
5 Seahawks
6 Rams
7 Panthers
8 Cardinals
9 Giants
10 Packers
11 Vikings
12 49ers
13 Buccaneers
14 Lions
15 Falcons
16 Redskins

Playoffs- AFC

North- Ravens and Steelers
South- Colts
East- Patriots
West- Chargers and Broncos

1- Patriots
2- Colts
3- Chargers
4- Ravens
5- Steelers
6- Broncos

3 vs 6- Chargers
4 vs 5- Steelers

1 vs 5- Steelers ( Ben won't throw 4 INT in this game)
2 vs 3- Colts

2 vs 5- Steelers with a HUGE upset against the Colts again!!!

NFC

North- Bears
South- Saints and Panthers
West- Rams
East- Eagles and Cowboys

1- Saints
2- Rams
3- Bears
4- Eagles
5- Cowboys
6- Panthers

3 vs 6- Bears
4 vs 5- Eagles

1 vs 4- Saints
2 vs 3- Rams

Rams @ Saints- Saints

SB XLII- Steelers vs Saints, Steelers wear Home jerseys, Saints wear Away Jerseys

Coach of the year- Mike Tomlin (duh)
SB MVP- Willie Parker
MVP- Steven Jackson
Rookie of the Year- Lions WR Calvin Johnson
Defensive Rookie of Year- Justin Harrell of the Green Bay Packers
Steelers 34...Saints 21
Steelers simply have better defense than the Saints and Colts
warddj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201
Default Re: preseason power rankings anyone, let's say ben roethlisberger plays to 2005 form

Ben was solid at night practice throwing on the mark and putting on a show for a crowd. So so far its looking good.

I personally do not like doing power rankings. Just put my two since in that are QB is doing great.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803
Default Re: preseason power rankings anyone, let's say ben roethlisberger plays to 2005 form

I think your predictions may be a little "Homer" saturated but I like the optimism.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #4
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

i dont like like to do the whole prediction thing and just like to have faith in our team to beat the critics.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Forget 2005 form....I want to see Ben take the next level and start to become the franchise QB he has the potential to be........He has all the tools.....Seems to be putting in the extra work to be great.....Sounds good so far and I have faith in Ben big time.....It all starts Sept. 9th 2007......I have a feeling the Steelers have a nice statement to make in the season opener in the Dawg Pound......
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:54 AM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

It doesn't look too bad until you get to the playoffs - then you have the Steelers going on the road and beating the Ravens and the Patriots?

So the 2004 magic returns where the Steelers scrape into the postseason then proceed to beat a bunch of teams that all had better seasons to that point.

Sometimes I wonder if some fans are under the impression that you are 'less of a fan' or that you are 'jinxing' the team if you don't pick them to win it all.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:51 AM   #7
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I just hope that Ben is healthy all year and that we have no Major injuries to anyone. I think that is also time for Ben to step up and be the leader of this team, he does have alot of tools to work with here now but its' still our defense and running game that will win us games this upcoming season. I dont think that power rankings this early in the season means anything at all. All your really doing is predicting what the upcoming season has in store and that is fine makes it fun to read. I honestly think that if the Steelers play their game and cuts down on the turnovers then they can be in the top 6 teams in the AFC and make another run at No.6.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:49 PM   #8
warddj86
Starter

maybe thoser predictions are a little bold, but this is the steelers fever forum, you can't have them miss the playoffs even if they do, even if they are set up to have a browns type season, you still cheer for them and make bold predicitons, i appreciate the comments but seriously, if mcnair gets hurt like my dad keeps saying he will, would you pick the steelers or the bengals to win the afc north
Old 07-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #9
warddj86
Starter

I think your predictions may be a little "Homer" saturated but I like the optimism.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you mean by "Homer" saturated
Old 07-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #10
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
It doesn't look too bad until you get to the playoffs - then you have the Steelers going on the road and beating the Ravens and the Patriots?

So the 2004 magic returns where the Steelers scrape into the postseason then proceed to beat a bunch of teams that all had better seasons to that point.

Sometimes I wonder if some fans are under the impression that you are 'less of a fan' or that you are 'jinxing' the team if you don't pick them to win it all.
Of course the 2004 magic returns LITP....Get with the program..........

Steelers blow both the Ravens and Pats out on the road.........Mark it down.......

(don't take this to serious) just having some fun.......I do think this team is talented though....First step is just to make the play-offs....Then go from there.......It all starts Sept 9th......I can't wait.....
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote