Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Training Camp

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-29-2007, 01:26 AM   #11
Da Steeler Soprano
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3285
Default Washington/Carter scuffle

I just wanted to let everyone know who didnt know already that Nate Washington and Tyrone Carter got into a scuffle at training camp today.

Its no big deal these things happen. I was there (with a V.I.P. field pass) so I saw everything happen, and its nothing major that the media is blowing it up to be. The players afterwards even made fun of the fight when Ben jokingly jumped on Farriors back and the two play fighted.

i was waiting for autographs by the locker room as always and both Nate and Tyrone had to sign autographs together. I asked Nate if everything was cool with him and TC and he said thier fine, and that Tomlin is making them sign a autograph together for every single person there.

"If I could live my life over I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
Da Steeler Soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:42 AM   #12
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Washington/Carter scuffle

Great idea by Tomlin
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:44 AM   #13
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Tempers Flare at Steelers Camp

Here is the money quote for me...

Quote:
Willie Reid is distinguishing himself because of some of the things that are happening."
Now THAT is a great thing....
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:47 AM   #14
Preacher
Living Legend

I would not be surprised...

Wait until an 11 on 11 drill, when they do a draw play.. or short pass play... Ward is going to line up Anthony Smith... and crush him.

then again, Smith would probably pop up, say nice hit.. and continue on.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:39 AM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Great idea by Tomlin
Yep.... Once again, it shows his ability to coach...

and I love the fact that they are scrapping.... and the fact that Ben and Farrior are making fun of it is even better!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #16
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: Steelers Notebook Sunday, July 29, 2007

Just got through reading this article on Steelers.com and I love the fact that our defense is wanting to make a statement, but ya know what? I think that they are making it the wrong way.. they are hitting hard, but it sounds like they still cant cover anyone...
I dont think that Hines Ward would come out and say anything if it were not kind of bad. By the way it sounds... its just our defensive backs still cant cover our WR's little less anyone else's. It just seems to me that the DB's and S's need to work on their cover skills more. I love the fact that our secondary is probablly 2nd to none in tackling ability, but you must cover a little bit also.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:02 AM   #17
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I can't wait until we get there!!!

Remember Tomlin saying that he would be watching and the new team captains would reveal themselves as camp goes on?? I think he is letting the guys work these things out themselves and watching who steps up as leaders. I love how hungry and energized they are.......but take in easy on each other, guys!! Save it for the enemies!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:03 AM   #18
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,760 Times in 1,585 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I have to agree with ward on this one you don't want to hurt somebody before the season starts.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Wow. A genuinely interesting article based on training camp!

I'd love to know whether Ward thinks that the DB's have got together and decided to take no prisoners, or whether its something that has come down from Tomlin.

It seems like there are some running battles between offense and defense - is it a coincidence that Smith has picked Reid out for special attention each time, or is he just the guy that he is expected to cover.

Anyone know why Washington threw the ball in Carters face?

I know Len Pasquerelli tried to hint that Steelers practices have been bordering on blood lust (before he retracted the article) with the big hits and the appearance of the 'Oklahoma drill'.

This sounds like an army camp.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #20
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

There is an article about this on SteelsersLive.com. It's from Peter King and it is about Hines Ward's comments about the hard hitting that's going on, and it makes an allegation that he is not drinking Tomlin's Koolaide.
rog is offline   Reply With Quote