Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-31-2007, 01:12 PM   #31
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Winning the war....

I truly believe that the underlying problem is not history...politics...or military presence ....Its presenting democracy to a people who have NO idea what it looks like. I think that every step hindered by a people whos past government was so bad that they are content with each step in the process, not being able to comprehend the END results...and therefore unknowingly ...unwilling... to fully commit to their own progress.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:55 PM   #32
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I am reading a book now called "Cobra II", and I'm almost done with it. No offense to anyone here, but you NEED to read this book if you want to know exactly what went wrong, where and when, and exactly why we are in the situation we are in now. The book is written from a non-political standpoint, and there is almost no opinion, just straight fact, but it is, without a doubt, the single most informative piece ever written about the Iraq War. The book even shows what Saddam was planning and all the mistakes he made. Without getting into it too heavily, I can tell you that a few glaring things stand out:

-This was not, is not, and never will be a War for Oil.
-This invasion would have never occurred if we would have taken about 2 extra steps in Iraq I
-Donald Rumsfeld is the freaking Devil. 90% of what we are dealing with now is his doing.
-Bush made a lot of mistakes, but many of them were mistakes in personnel.
-The WMD thing was an honest mistake. Even Saddam's generals were positive that he had them.

I strongly recommend that anyone who hasn't already read the book go pick it up tomorrow. It will open you eyes regardless of your political leanings.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:48 PM   #33
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
How right you are...all those who claimed Iraq was evil and had WMD's should be held accountable..........lets see:

I will be happy to help you spearhead the movement to have these "liars" removed from office!!
Agreed. As long as we start with The Liar in Chief!
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:14 PM   #34
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I am reading a book now called "Cobra II", and I'm almost done with it. No offense to anyone here, but you NEED to read this book if you want to know exactly what went wrong, where and when, and exactly why we are in the situation we are in now. The book is written from a non-political standpoint, and there is almost no opinion, just straight fact, but it is, without a doubt, the single most informative piece ever written about the Iraq War. The book even shows what Saddam was planning and all the mistakes he made. Without getting into it too heavily, I can tell you that a few glaring things stand out:

-This was not, is not, and never will be a War for Oil.
-This invasion would have never occurred if we would have taken about 2 extra steps in Iraq I
-Donald Rumsfeld is the freaking Devil. 90% of what we are dealing with now is his doing.
-Bush made a lot of mistakes, but many of them were mistakes in personnel.
-The WMD thing was an honest mistake. Even Saddam's generals were positive that he had them.

I strongly recommend that anyone who hasn't already read the book go pick it up tomorrow. It will open you eyes regardless of your political leanings.

Wow.... a book that does an assessment which pleases nobody? Doesn't the author know that in this day and age he has to have a pre-planned agenda in order to gain power or make money? He should go talk to the DNC or GOP. They know all about that.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:16 PM   #35
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Here is what I don't get...

For all of you who are dead-set on the president being a liar taking us to war for political gain....

Do you see the fact that the democratic party are now beating the peace drums for no other reason then political gain?

They are ALL the same.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:05 AM   #36
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Steel Head View Post
Agreed. As long as we start with The Liar in Chief!
hmmmmmmm...trade a Republican president in the last stages of his two terms.......for a horde of hypocritical pseudo-intellectual liberals with future aspirations of grandeur?.........DONE!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #37
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Here is what I don't get...

For all of you who are dead-set on the president being a liar taking us to war for political gain....

Do you see the fact that the democratic party are now beating the peace drums for no other reason then political gain?

They are ALL the same.
yep, a democrat sent us to war in vietnam, and the republicans beat the peace drums when it was clear it was unpopular. i do have to ask though, if gore were president, do you think we'd be in iraq?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #38
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post
yep, a democrat sent us to war in vietnam, and the republicans beat the peace drums when it was clear it was unpopular. i do have to ask though, if gore were president, do you think we'd be in iraq?
Jane Fonda was a republican? John Kerry was a republican? Those peace marchers, the ones who spit on soldiers, burned the flag and soldiers in effigy? They were all republicans?

Who knew?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #39
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
hmmmmmmm...trade a Republican president in the last stages of his two terms.......for a horde of hypocritical pseudo-intellectual liberals with future aspirations of grandeur?.........DONE!!!!
Pelosi being president of the US will be as disastrous as having Billary as president.

I'd much rather he finishes it off.

Look at it this way guys, Jan. 20, 2009 will be here before you know it and Nov 2008 will be here before you know it. In addition, the more days we're in Iraq, the closer we are to coming home.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #40
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Wow.... a book that does an assessment which pleases nobody? Doesn't the author know that in this day and age he has to have a pre-planned agenda in order to gain power or make money? He should go talk to the DNC or GOP. They know all about that.
It pleased me mightily, and I'm a moderate Republican (far right on economic, slightly left on social issues). I was happy to finally see straight reporting on exactly what went wrong and how it all happened, and it's refreshing that it isn't filtered through a political filter or spun in any way. This is a must read for people who want to be informed.